Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

they confront that pink ooze and someone makes a yeast infection joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
if one of them isn't a lesbian I'm gonna be PISSED

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
lol jk I'll just make them all lesbians with each other in my erotic ghostbusters fan fiction

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

*a scene where some character jokes that they are called ghostbusters because they have no tits*

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

That's the perfect vehicle to pander to women & liberals.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
im the middle-aged man with a deep emotional connection to an 80s movie for children who is incapable of relating to women outside of period jokes and strippers

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

im the middle-aged man with a deep emotional connection to an 80s movie for children who is incapable of relating to women outside of period jokes and strippers

For your own sake I hope that was an ironypost and you actually relate to Melissa McCarthy on a deeply personal level, otherwise you're just a broken human being.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
a scene where a guy is like "girls can't be ghostbusters they're afraid of ghosts" and girl dan akyroyd winks at the camera and says "i ain't afraid of no ghosts" because that's a reference

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
a scene where a stripper has a period

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

burritolingus posted:

a scene where a guy is like "girls can't be ghostbusters they're afraid of ghosts" and girl dan akyroyd winks at the camera and says "i ain't afraid of no ghosts" because that's a reference

I get the reference and deem this comedy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I can't wait for this movie to come out and be actual poo poo but we're not allowed to say it is because then it's sexism.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

melissa mccarthy has been funny in every film that i have seen her in. she does have some typecasting going on, but honestly, so do most comic actors.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
a scene where girl bill murray is about to bust that wily ghost but then slips on some of girl dan aykyrod's period blood and she says "girl dan aykroyd you fuckgoober" and then they put fuckgoober on all the shirts and memes

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

A scene where Jack Black in a wig plays Melissa McCarthy's lost twin sister.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
a scene where melisma mcarthy is fat and that's the joke. the joke is she fat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

a scene where melisma mcarthy is fat and that's the joke. the joke is she fat.

did i just not see the movies where that's the joke because it didn't seem like that was the case in the ones i have seen.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
spy had zero jokes about her being fat so I really doubt they're going to do that

I love that she's becoming an action heroine, she's good at it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone else mentioned that Melissa Mcartney is fat and unfunny?

If not: She is fat and unfunny.

This movie is going to be horrendously bad.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
a scene where the god ghost lady is like "choose the form i take when i kill you ladies" and they all promise not to think about anything but then in the next scene the city is being attacked by fifty shades of grey

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I live for all the nerds mad that the ghostbusters are all female

I drink their pathetic nerd boy tears and become more powerful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

spy had zero jokes about her being fat so I really doubt they're going to do that

I love that she's becoming an action heroine, she's good at it

i don't think The Heat had any jokes about it either, unless i'm misremembering. the joke is more often that she is a hardass and sometimes that she is lower-class compared to sandra bullock's character. the scene where she yells "who the gently caress are you?" at a bunch of her in laws was really funny.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

i don't think The Heat had any jokes about it either, unless i'm misremembering. the joke is more often that she is a hardass and sometimes that she is lower-class compared to sandra bullock's character. the scene where she yells "who the gently caress are you?" at a bunch of her in laws was really funny.

I liked that she kept getting hit on the entire movie and she was just really annoyed by it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

I liked that she kept getting hit on the entire movie and she was just really annoyed by it

yeah. it was a good movie. i'm glad she is going to be a ghostbuster.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

a scene where Boy Sigourney Weaver tells Girl Bill Muray that there is no Dan here, just Zuula.

Mordacai
May 23, 2015

by Ralp

Troposphere posted:

if one of them isn't a lesbian I'm gonna be PISSED

no no no no no no no.

no fatty sex.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Leslie Jones (lady Winston): Tell her about the Twinkie.
Melissa McCarthy (lady Ray): [prat-falling down basement stairs] Did someone say Twinkie?!

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

A scene where The Ghostbusters get comedy orgasms from using the sliding pole.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*melba mctoasty eating food*

my period is a stripper

*black ghostbuster lady says daaamn and really drags it out for a long time*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*marsha mcblart eating a ghost*

my vagina has ghosts

*they cut to black ghostbuster lady and she's been replaced by scenes from soul plane*

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
It'd be crazy if they advertise it like it's some comedy remake but it's all a sham and in reality it's not a comedy it's actually a violent gritty grimdark action reboot. Like seriously someone aims at a ghost with a proton pack and a civilian panics and runs in front of the stream and gets literally detonated in a shower of gore and most of the cast die in the end.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Hah, that big light on the front of the roof

"It's a unicorn!" /girly

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
none of the people in the remake are funny or good and the only reason the first ghostbusters was any good was because the lead actors were comedy gods.

$154 million dollars just seems like a lot of money to spend to make women feel empowered using ghosts

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can't wait for this movie to come out and be actual poo poo but we're not allowed to say it is because then it's sexism.

Yeah. That's probably how it will play out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*fat ghostbuster lady farts*

*turns to camera*

"You paid $13 for this"

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Jose Oquendo posted:

i'm still gonna say it's poo poo. don't be a pussy Jose

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stoic Commie posted:

none of the people in the remake are funny or good and the only reason the first ghostbusters was any good was because the lead actors were comedy gods.

$154 million dollars just seems like a lot of money to spend to make women feel empowered using ghosts

lots of the movies all of them were previously involved with were really funny though.

also lol at the idea of ramis being a "comedy god"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm more mad at the fact that for some reason everything needs to be a big century-spanning franchise now, no wonder Dustin Hoffman said films were at an all-time low compared to TV

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ramis, forming the dream matter from his deific cloud: Ah. I have woven the laughter of Thallia herself into this gift to man. I shall term it "Analyze That."

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
analyze that wasn't his fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm more mad at the fact that for some reason everything needs to be a big century-spanning franchise now, no wonder Dustin Hoffman said films were at an all-time low compared to TV

They are going to remake All in the Family, except Rob Reiner is now a cranky old liberal and his son in law is a hard line tea partier.

• Locked thread