Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
who goofed up and put ugly fat women in leading roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm more mad at the fact that for some reason everything needs to be a big century-spanning franchise now, no wonder Dustin Hoffman said films were at an all-time low compared to TV

the star dustin hoffman starring along side such talents like adam sandler in the movie the cobbler

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a starwar betamax posted:

who goofed up and put ugly fat women in leading roles

It was me im sorry

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They are going to remake All in the Family, except Rob Reiner is now a cranky old liberal and his son in law is a hard line tea partier.

So they're making a Family Ties movie

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stoic Commie posted:

analyze that wasn't his fault

it was written and directed by him

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Bill Murray was in Caddyshack and Ghostbusters and then dumb poo poo like Dumbo Drop and Osmosis Jones, he was never that funny and his face looks like it caught fire and was beaten out with a golf shoe.

Remake looks good to me and I can't wait to download the video game tie in to my Xbox and get into wild adventures as a fat girl Ghostbuster.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
reminder that when you point out that every other remake or way-too-late cash grab sequel sucks that you're totes being a misandrist

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
every single movie should be remade with cellphones and internet and brand new 201X Ford/Chevrolet cars so that the kids can identify with old classic movies and adults can get hyped for seeing the classics in a modern light

or they could just come up with new, fresh, original ideas

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Justin Tyme posted:

Somebody sack this rear end in a top hat

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Bicyclops posted:

it was written and directed by him

i think the bigger issue here is that you think mike&molly is funny

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i haven't seen mike and molly, but i have seen bridesmaids and the heat, and both were hilarious, as this movie is likely to be.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Justin Tyme posted:

fresh, original ideas just like ghostbusters

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

i haven't seen mike and molly, but i have seen bridesmaids and the heat, and both were hilarious, as this movie is likely to be.

A scene where Melissa McCarthy shits into the sink.

Classic!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*the fat cousin of the crazy vaccine lady poops a bunch of poop*

*turns to camera*

i ate GHOST peppers

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

don't scissor the streams

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

burritolingus posted:

Remember that scene in Ghostbusters 1 where a thing happened and Bill Murray said a funny thing? Well they did that in Ghostbusters 2 but without Bill Murray saying a funny thing.

Play Ghostbusters the Video Game and you will want Bill Murray to shut the gently caress up because his little quips after every little thing are not funny.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

don't scissor the streams

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

They're making Independence Day 2

this could be a legit awesome movie, exploring the way Earth politics evolve (maybe creating a one world state?) and what people do with the recovered alien technology. it could be about civilization growing up, joining the greater galactic community, discovering dark secrets about reality and redefining what it means to be human.

lol who am i kidding, the plot will be: "Oh no the aliens came back! We need to bring Wil Smith out of retirement one last time!" *90min CGI laser fight*

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Rutibex posted:

this could be a legit awesome movie, exploring the way Earth politics evolve (maybe creating a one world state?) and what people do with the recovered alien technology. it could be about civilization growing up, joining the greater galactic community, discovering dark secrets about reality and redefining what it means to be human.

lol who am i kidding, the plot will be: "Oh no the aliens came back! We need to bring Wil Smith out of retirement one last time!" *90min CGI laser fight*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rutibex posted:

will smith isn't going to be in it, the director has flat out said he is too expensive.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
ID4-2 will be good because it's a schlocky sequel to a schlocky movie.

It's Roland Emmerich for crap sakes. It's going to be big and dumb and loud and you can get high af and laugh your rear end offe

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Serious missed opportunity to have some ghost hunting lesbians cruising around in their boomerjanked up subaru forester

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Bill Pullman is in it an that is all I care about.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ID4-2 will either take itself too seriously or be middlingly fun, i predict, while the GB remake will be legit good.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Bill Pullman is in it an that is all I care about.

bill pullman looks awful nowadays

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Simstim posted:

bill pullman looks awful nowadays

good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the best possible outcome of independece day 2 will be if it's just a much, much longer version of the goldblum restaurant sketch.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
can we talk about how boomerjinks is the worst and how he really needs to shut the gently caress up about his dumb cars

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why have they not made a Back to the Future remake? wtf hollywood, it's 2015 this is the loving year to do it, you dropped the ball big time

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

A scene where slimer is gobbling down all the food off that hotel tray, except it isn't slimer it's McCarthy because she's fat

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Troposphere posted:

can we talk about how boomerjinks is the worst and how he really needs to shut the gently caress up about his dumb cars

Remember the time that loving idiot trashed his own stupid car and told reddit to send rape and death threats to a cancer lady who worked with sick kids?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Remember the time that loving idiot trashed his own stupid car and told reddit to send rape and death threats to a cancer lady who worked with sick kids?

Now that's a movie I'd pay 13 dollars to watch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reallivedinosaur posted:

Now that's a movie I'd pay 13 dollars to watch.

Here's the novelization:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449116

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i had to google the boomerjinx man. he really likes early 90s movies i guess.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

like I said he's the worst and you can't talk about ghostbusters without him showing up and bragging about his stupid loving car

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

is there a tl;dr version of the saga, because the thread is long and contains many posts by the ghostbuster car man, which are filled with words and pictures. where's the part where somebody calls him out on the fraud or w/e

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Troposphere posted:

boomerjinks is the worst and how he really needs to shut the gently caress up about his dumb cars

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
all i gotta say is.... if i was you, and you were me, you'd wanna be winnin'
if you want something bad yo, you gotta wanna give your all
cause I believe, so much in we, and no we're not kiddin'
if you feel the same as me yo, you gotta want to take the ball

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

is there a tl;dr version of the saga, because the thread is long and contains many posts by the ghostbuster car man, which are filled with words and pictures. where's the part where somebody calls him out on the fraud or w/e

Boomerjinks tricked out his Ford Taurus (or similar lovely car) like the Ecto-1 and would dress like a Ghostbuster and take pictures in it.

He was a tremendous human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that doesn't explain anything, eugene!! :mad:

• Locked thread