Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

reformed bad troll posted:

We scored from a free kick for the first time since about 1999 so as far as I am concerned Mark Warburton should be knighted

RIP the McCulloch Three Touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
ahaha poo poo how the gently caress do you let kenny miller put two past you

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Hope the DVD release of the 'Hurricane Qarabag' game makes it into stores soon, can't wait to finally see the BBC Sportsound commentary brought to life after that drama-packed night.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Aberdeen paid £200k for a chartered flight to Kazakhstan. The reward money for this round is £160k.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That £40k was the remainder of the sales of Calderwood's suntan equipment.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Coohoolin posted:

Aberdeen paid £200k for a chartered flight to Kazakhstan. The reward money for this round is £160k.

Plus 12k+ tickets for the home leg at approx £25 each nets £300k so I'd say it's worth it? And they sold tickets to fans corn he plans to offset it a bit didn't they??

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

duckmaster posted:

Plus 12k+ tickets for the home leg at approx £25 each nets £300k so I'd say it's worth it? And they sold tickets to fans corn he plans to offset it a bit didn't they??

That's good and all but we could still do with some regionalization in the early stages.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK

Coohoolin posted:

That's good and all but we could still do with some regionalization in the early stages.

We were seeded in the first round then not seeded in the second round. But because we beat the seed in that round we are now seeded for this one, which is why we've got a relatively weak opponent. If this was regionalised we almost certainly wouldn't have been seeded and today could be playing someone else. There's some big guns in this round: FC Copenhagen, West Ham, Athletic Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Bordeaux, Standard Liege, Legia Warsaw, Sampdoria, Southampton. I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see any of them in the group stages and would rather not be playing them today, especially since we'll probably be playing one of them in the next round as well.

It's luck of the draw and we drew the short straw but in terms of actually getting through the round this is the best chance possible. Besides, did the club need a 100 seat charter plane? You need a squad of 18, manager, couple of coaches, physio, doctor, kitman? Plus a few more hangers on, so about 30? I'm positive you could fly from Aberdeen to Almaty and back for £1k each with a commercial airliner. It's like those diddy Irish/Welsh teams who enter the 1st round of Champions League qualifiers, I guarantee they fly with RyanAir.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Fair enough, I guess. Don't know why they spent that much but I gather they want the team to be comfortable.

We're going to lose this to refereeing though. At least Timoschyuk looks like the host of a tv shopping channel.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004

QUACK QUACK
Well I've clearly jinxed it :(

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

duckmaster posted:

Well I've clearly jinxed it :(

Not yet, we're looking a bit dangerous and an away goal could be all we need to bring back to Pittodrie.

EDIT: What did I say, McLean!

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 30, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Not a bad scoreline.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Personally I'm hoping Aberdeen manage to fire in to the Europa, mind watching their UEFA cup run a few years ago in a fake Irish pub on Queen Street and the entire place was glued to their shitey wee tellies.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I am going to watch this game because I am sick but can't sleep. I hope to see Boyata do cool stuff against whatever shitstains from the bottom of the Scotch league have showed up today

Edit: Lmao Boyata is joint top scorer for Celtic and the season hasn't started

pik_d fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 1, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Prepare for some bad football

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Chas McGill posted:

Prepare for some bad football

Looks like Leigh Griffiths wasn't prepared. RIP that lad who won then scored the pen

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

lmao Gordon you idiot

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

pik_d posted:

lmao Gordon you idiot

Ref shat it from sending Gordon off.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

jre posted:

Ref shat it from sending Gordon off.

Agreed - wouldn't have complained if he was off, I can see a sort of argument for a yellow but it's like a 70/30. Very lucky and/or PROOF CELTIC ARE THE CHEATING EVIL OVERLORDS OF SCOTLAND.

Boyata looked cool as gently caress this match, couple of classy tackles and passing from the back. Hope he plays like this the rest of the season but would be a miracle to have him and Denayer one after the other.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

BisonDollah posted:

Agreed - wouldn't have complained if he was off, I can see a sort of argument for a yellow but it's like a 70/30. Very lucky and/or PROOF CELTIC ARE THE CHEATING EVIL OVERLORDS OF SCOTLAND.

Boyata looked cool as gently caress this match, couple of classy tackles and passing from the back. Hope he plays like this the rest of the season but would be a miracle to have him and Denayer one after the other.

He had quite a few bombscare moments when he would pass straight to a Ross county player. The Gordon incident was a direct result of one of those.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

BisonDollah posted:

shitey wee tellies.

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
We're going to win the league imo

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scotlander posted:

We're going to win the league imo

Dundee are the form team

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
loving hell McLean

https://vine.co/v/eHMObtH6eLI

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Don't think he meant that.

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013

jre posted:

Dundee are the form team

We signed their 2nd top scorer from last season to sit on our bench, face the facts, the title is coming haim to Lanarkshire

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/3658-kukesi-legia.html

Let football win.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Garbage game, through to the play off stage :thumbsup:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Garbage game, through to the play off stage :thumbsup:

Knowing Celtic they'll draw the Albanian team in the playoffs and somehow lose the tie.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

Knowing Celtic they'll draw the Albanian team in the playoffs and somehow lose the tie.

Europa League would do me fine, tbh.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

:shepicide:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

BisonDollah posted:

Europa League would do me fine, tbh.

Yeah if they somehow drew an Irish team you might get to see a match in person

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah if they somehow drew an Irish team you might get to see a match in person

I think there's national protection until the knockouts op

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There would surely be rules against two home games for the same team

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gutted for you Aberdonians, it's always a shitter to see your team go through this

Unless you happen to be one of the fans who slagged off St Johnstone in which case gently caress off and get rekt you sheep shagging bastards

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
:(

Kairat were timewasting throughout the game but Aberdeen should have created more chances and the goal was really soft. Have a lot of room for Johnny Hayes in my heart but he got his pocket picked.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Hearts are great.

Hibs are poo poo.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Big Tom Rogic came back from the dead to score a nice goal http://streamable.com/gcv9

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
He has marked his next victim.

• Locked thread