Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like I can forgive a lovely tattoo but I really can't stand the artists who seem to view the people getting the tattoo with a weird sense of contempt. Like, okay they aren't sitting perfectly still, but Tyler flipping the guy off behind his back like a shithead when the guy had valid issues with his tattoo made me really want his rear end to go home.

Big Ceez was easily the worst artist, but I REALLY wanted Tyler gone for his lovely attitude, the dude's been consistently below average too.

But there are a couple consistently below average ones at this point. Tyler's going to keep going because on top of being abrasive and attention-seeing he's now go this romance subplot with the equally below-average Melissa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There's still so many people left we can see two or three more hit the bricks before breaking up Bromeo and Julinket

I made those names up right now give me a TV show

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

God I hate that kid. He's such an arrogant little poo poo. I think what's most annoying about him is we all have known at least one immature, young punk who thought he was Gods gift. Nobody likes 'that guy'. He and overalls seem like an oddly matched master/apprentice.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
the funniest showcase of his human garbageness was how he kept trying to shoehorn the claim of having over 100 snakes multiple times in an episode as if anyone was supposed to react by telling him "tubular, what a rad dude you are". lol

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

KilGrey posted:

God I hate that kid. He's such an arrogant little poo poo. I think what's most annoying about him is we all have known at least one immature, young punk who thought he was Gods gift. Nobody likes 'that guy'. He and overalls seem like an oddly matched master/apprentice.

I don't know. You could build a little story around them where the serious master takes on a wide-eyed adoring apprentice who gets cockier and less deferential as he learns the trade. The master begins to think the apprentice doesn't respect him, when really it's him who doesn't respect his apprentice. The apprentice doesn't think the master has anything left to teach him, when really he's just too stubborn to learn. They have a falling out. Landslide starts playing over a montage of the apprentice packing to leave while the master cleans up the shop... The show is going to end with the apprentice struggling with a piece only to have his former master swoop in to help at the last minute because he'll be damned if he let's that cocky son of a bitch give up this fight before it's over. He offers up the key advice which leads the apprentice to victory and they are finally able to reconcile with the former master acknowledging his pupil's skill as an artist, and the former apprentice showing respect and appreciation for the old school master who made him the artist he is today. They shake hands, equals in each others' eyes at last. Then love interest pops up to reconcile the third-act fight she had with the apprentice so we can close out on a kiss. Ink Master!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How on earth did Tyler not get sent home after literally saying "Yeah this whole competition sorta sucks and I just randomly threw this poo poo tattoo together because I literally didn't care" :psyduck: Marissa's tattoo was poo poo, but holy poo poo the guy straight up said he didn't give a poo poo anymore and lamely backtracked

This season is pretty baffling.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

This next one isn't mine but someone else who's worked with the show in the same capacity: the format requires that we get everything the interviewee says or does written down, which the producers apparently hate, and I can't loving blame them it's a pain in the rear end. Anyway, according to someone else, once a producer was bitching about having to go through all the extra pages made by the format and explaining it and our whole job to the interviewee who then said something along the lines of "Wait, there's someone out there right now writing down what I say and they have to get everything I say, no matter what it is?"

Haha, that has got to be the most boring job in television. I guess it makes sense for closed captioning and finding sound clips, but wow.

OldTennisCourt posted:

How on earth did Tyler not get sent home after literally saying "Yeah this whole competition sorta sucks and I just randomly threw this poo poo tattoo together because I literally didn't care" :psyduck: Marissa's tattoo was poo poo, but holy poo poo the guy straight up said he didn't give a poo poo anymore and lamely backtracked

This season is pretty baffling.

What baffles me is all these people who are like, "This isn't what I do! Wait until you see me shine!" for like 5 episodes to only do something mediocre.

I also have to wonder if the producers egg these human canvases on to be total dicks about what they want. A koi fish with no water and Neptune with no pitchfork, please.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'd like a tattoo of my new puppy but please change his eyes to cat eyes and give him a cat nose but still make him look exactly like the picture I brought

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Marissa coaching Tyler and then getting booted was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on this show. No way the judges didn't hear them either, I mean, Oliver had the smuggest face cause he knew exactly how it was going to go down.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

Marissa coaching Tyler and then getting booted was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on this show. No way the judges didn't hear them either, I mean, Oliver had the smuggest face cause he knew exactly how it was going to go down.

This is so true, I laughed so loving hard when that went down.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Epi Lepi posted:

Was anyone else totally expecting Tyler to immediately throw Marissa under the bus when his tattoo got torn apart? I was waiting for him to go "WELL HER TAT LOOKED LIKE DOGSHIT, I MEAN LOOK AT THAT SATURATION!"

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

OldTennisCourt posted:

Was anyone else totally expecting Tyler to immediately throw Marissa under the bus when his tattoo got torn apart? I was waiting for him to go "WELL HER TAT LOOKED LIKE DOGSHIT, I MEAN LOOK AT THAT SATURATION!"

No, they are in wuv. :3: The worst kind, the young stupid kind.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Am I insane or did Dave's tat not look that bad? They kept acting like it was absolute dogshit but, aside from that lovely dark outline around the muzzle, it looked pretty good. Duffy's was 10000 times worse, that explosion effect looked awful and it just looked really bland.

Dave's always been kind of a meh artist, but it was so weird that this was the one that sent him home and everyone acted was an affront to the art of tattooing.

Also Tyler continues to be the absolute worst and I can't wait for him to go home.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Nunez has had it out for Dave Clark all season for whatever reason. There's been plenty of contestants in previous seasons who would coast on getting the technical fundamentals & challenge requirements right, but lack in the artistic creativity, and some of them were frontrunners & winners. Yet, all of a sudden, this season, Nunez is deeply offended by this when it comes to Clark.

Also, Kruzeman's jumbled puzzle piece of a tattoo was absolutely terrible and would have been eviserated if it was done by a different, non judges' darling tattooist. The fact that he actually recieved praise from the judges for it reinforces just how much favoritism he's benifited from this season.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It was his mustache. They just couldn't just take it anymore.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

OldTennisCourt posted:

Am I insane or did Dave's tat not look that bad? They kept acting like it was absolute dogshit but, aside from that lovely dark outline around the muzzle, it looked pretty good. Duffy's was 10000 times worse, that explosion effect looked awful and it just looked really bland.

Dave's always been kind of a meh artist, but it was so weird that this was the one that sent him home and everyone acted was an affront to the art of tattooing.

Also Tyler continues to be the absolute worst and I can't wait for him to go home.

Naa, you're insane. Dave's was loving terrible and looks like a lovely sticker with that fat black border. It also looked like the lion was getting gutted instead of it being a heart. If anyone else would have gone home instead of him it would have been a crime.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Caryna posted:

Naa, you're insane. Dave's was loving terrible and looks like a lovely sticker with that fat black border. It also looked like the lion was getting gutted instead of it being a heart. If anyone else would have gone home instead of him it would have been a crime.

As soon as someone on the show said it looked like a ball sack on the side of the lion's head, that's all I ever saw the rest of the episode.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Caryna posted:

I guess I see your point, I just think that grenade half explosion was way worse looking. Like it just looked unfinished.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I want Eric to win if for no other reason than I always forget he exists whenever he's not directly on screen. Hell, even when he is it takes me a second of "who the hell is this guy?" to remember he's actually a contestant on the show.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Poor Dave. That sad puppy face he made during his critique made me feel sad and embarrassed for him all at the same time. His technical abilities were a lot better than previous contestants but it was obvious he definitely struggled with the artistic aspect of it all. Great example is when trash polka day happened and his client said he had absolute free reign, and he ended up doing a rather mediocre tattoo.

Matt and Erik are the two I'm kind of cheering for since both of them tend to lay low, and knock out solid tattoos. I'd totally hang with Duffy and Kruseman, too; they kinda seem like interesting and down to earth people. Overall, without St. Marq around it's been interesting to watch, especially with how quickly Tyler has turned into the typical young rear end in a top hat contestant.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

savinhill posted:

Also, Kruzeman's jumbled puzzle piece of a tattoo was absolutely terrible and would have been eviserated if it was done by a different, non judges' darling tattooist. The fact that he actually recieved praise from the judges for it reinforces just how much favoritism he's benifited from this season.

Nah that one ruled.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Not Today Satan posted:

Matt and Erik are the two I'm kind of cheering for since both of them tend to lay low, and knock out solid tattoos. I'd totally hang with Duffy and Kruseman, too; they kinda seem like interesting and down to earth people. Overall, without St. Marq around it's been interesting to watch, especially with how quickly Tyler has turned into the typical young rear end in a top hat contestant.

I want to hang out with Katie so I can tell her those glasses looking loving horrible on her.

:goonsay:

We need a female version of that for when we goonettes are feeling catty.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Looks like you won't have to look at those stupid glasses anymore! What a weird challenge; first fingernails and then fine art. I think they're lacking in creative challenge ideas.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Did I miss a connection between church and fingernails? All I caught was "some religions don't allow tattoos. Today we're going to tattoo fingernails".

Would get traditional tattoo from Katie. I'll miss that bad-rear end bitch.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I couldn't stand her because I hate everyone who talks with that awful voice inflection where everything is a question

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

detectivemonkey posted:

Did I miss a connection between church and fingernails? All I caught was "some religions don't allow tattoos. Today we're going to tattoo fingernails".

Would get traditional tattoo from Katie. I'll miss that bad-rear end bitch.

I thought they were going to say something about it being a loophole, like oh it's not marking your flesh just your nails but no that seemed very random.
Katie made me laugh a lot, as much as those glasses also pissed me off :argh:
When we started watching the episode I thought Tyler was gone and I was quite upset to be reminded he's still there somehow.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

21st Cherry boy posted:

I thought they were going to say something about it being a loophole, like oh it's not marking your flesh just your nails but no that seemed very random.
Katie made me laugh a lot, as much as those glasses also pissed me off :argh:
When we started watching the episode I thought Tyler was gone and I was quite upset to be reminded he's still there somehow.

God I wish he would go home already, should have been gone two weeks ago.

Anyone catch the drama fueled Ink Master redemption?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mob posted:

I couldn't stand her because I hate everyone who talks with that awful voice inflection where everything is a question

She is exactly what I imagine a sjw from Tumblr would look like.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

detectivemonkey posted:

Yeah, the idea is that they're all tattoo virgins and will remain as such, but they can get their fingernails tattooed because they will grow out and the tattoo will go away eventually, so getting the fingernails done would be okay.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, the idea is that they're all tattoo virgins and will remain as such, but they can get their fingernails tattooed because they will grow out and the tattoo will go away eventually, so getting the fingernails done would be okay.

Alright, this makes sense. They did such a terrible fuckin job of getting this across on the episode, it's like the one time they coulda used one of their patented super over explainy talking head segments and it woulda actually benefited the audience.

I think the editors hates Tyler just as much as this thread with those extra retarded reaction shots he got this latest episode

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Digital Jedi posted:

She is exactly what I imagine a sjw from Tumblr would look like.
No, Katie was too alt for that. tumblr drones are birdfaced scrawny/potato shaped female dweebs

savinhill posted:

Alright, this makes sense. They did such a terrible fuckin job of getting this across on the episode, it's like the one time they coulda used one of their patented super over explainy talking head segments and it woulda actually benefited the audience.

I think the editors hates Tyler just as much as this thread with those extra retarded reaction shots he got this latest episode
You're right, that was one of the rare things they didn't overexplain but it actually was needed. There was no thematic linkage whatsoever

tyler and chris are such oblivious cartoons that it's really good they've been around this long. Craig needs to stop freestyling creative things and just stick to every challenge like glue.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 10, 2015

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

tyler and chris are such oblivious cartoons that it's really good they've been around this long. Craig needs to stop freestyling creative things and just stick to every challenge like glue.

I don't get Craig, does he not remember why he was eliminated the first time? It wasn't for doing a lovely tattoo, it was for not following directions.

I think Chris annoys me more than Tyler. He thinks he's so clever. I also still can't get passed the overalls. I mean, if you want to have a signature type thing (like Oliver Peck always wearing red shoes) okay, but to make that thing be overalls and bright t-shirts? He just looks like an over grown kid to me. And his head is distractedly round like Karl Pilkington's.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How quickly we forget how obnoxious St. Marque was. Chris is just a decent competent villain.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
also:

savinhill posted:

it's like the one time they coulda used one of their patented super over explainy talking head segments and it woulda actually benefited the audience.

"Contrast is applying different colors that really make the tattoo stand out :downs: "

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

KilGrey posted:

I don't get Craig, does he not remember why he was eliminated the first time? It wasn't for doing a lovely tattoo, it was for not following directions.
No it wasn't, Craig was the only one who followed the weekly objective when he got eliminated.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Active666 posted:

Anyone catch the drama fueled Ink Master redemption?

I thought the idea was pretty cool but all the build up and tension was a little overdrawn. That hula girl really was an atrocious tattoo for sure though. That Venus face was almost as bad as that was.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
What I got from IM: Redemption was that this show doesn't correct the crap tattoos like I've always imagined. Someone out there has that ridiculous Sphinx of Marissa's and it's not going away.

I really miss Katie. I never expected her to win, but I really enjoyed her tattoo style. I think the postcard was my favorite. Plus she had the funniest sour faces, like a squished up doll.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Not Today Satan posted:

I thought the idea was pretty cool but all the build up and tension was a little overdrawn. That hula girl really was an atrocious tattoo for sure though. That Venus face was almost as bad as that was.

I really just appreciate any tattoo replacement/cover up show that doesn't have stupid rear end re-enacments in it like Tattoo Nightmares.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

OldTennisCourt posted:

I really just appreciate any tattoo replacement/cover up show that doesn't have stupid rear end re-enacments in it like Tattoo Nightmares.

Agreed, those are the worst. But they came close with all the hyped up drama of revealing who would do the replacement. The girl with the garter belt didn't even get it covered up, just got a big expensive tattoo for free, so how much does she really hate the garter belt? I loved that owl though. :3

The hula girl guy was pretty angry and I don't blame him, but it was weird the way they kept threatening each other. It felt overdone and fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

How quickly we forget how obnoxious St. Marque was. Chris is just a decent competent villain.

St Marq was obnoxious in all the right ways, fuckin miss that dude and his hilariously over the top confessionals.

hepscat posted:

I really miss Katie. I never expected her to win, but I really enjoyed her tattoo style. I think the postcard was my favorite. Plus she had the funniest sour faces, like a squished up doll.

I liked Katie too, she just had a good, chill-seeming personality, plus it was interesting every week whether she was gonna nail a tattoo or not. Chris got some great weird reaction faces too

• Locked thread