Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Space Flower posted:

Umaru is a little poo poo but she's not the problem with the show. It's the unrealistic older brother who bends over backwards to cater to her every demand and enable her. But it's anime norm at this point for female characterization to get blamed for things that are really the fault of the shoddy male self-insert.

Try watching a Danchigai episode. Now THAT is an awful brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Space Flower posted:

As someone with 7 younger siblings I can tolerate Umaru easi

Do you live in an Amish farmhouse?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So when Umaru goes into hamster-mode, does she hunch over and make herself look smaller, or something like that? Kirie couldn't tell the difference between her and her "younger sister".

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

So when Umaru goes into hamster-mode, does she hunch over and make herself look smaller, or something like that? Kirie couldn't tell the difference between her and her "younger sister".

I guess. It's anime logic so thinking too hard about it might not be worth the effort.

Also, Yandere Kirie Doujin when?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I think it's just the fact that she wears the hamster suit makes people assume she's a younger girl if they don't recognize her.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What are you guys talking about, of course she physically morphs into himouto mode.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

kirie is like a slightly less depressing look at watamote mixed with a standard 4koma

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Powerfull.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Anatharon posted:

Do you live in an Amish farmhouse?

My parents split up after they had me, presumably to make siblings more efficiently.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Holy poo poo this show already has specials :psyduck:

And they're like a billion times better than the actual show :psyduck:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:worship:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
+ w +

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

( ˘ ³˘)♥ very nice

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Supersonic Shine posted:

We see her in non-hamster mode wearing the hood and she looks a lot younger and childish in general.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I want to see more of the brother's co-workers.

Also, TSF.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

I want to see more of the brother's co-workers.

Also, TSF.

The series is better when not focused on Umaru being a spoiled brat to her brother. It's even better when Sylphy is involved.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raenir Salazar posted:

We see her in non-hamster mode wearing the hood and she looks a lot younger and childish in general.

I think both 'views' of her are meant to be exaggerated, obviously tiny hamster girl is clear but the whole super perfect idol is also supposed to be not real. The glimpses we see of her in the hood 'normal' seem to be the real her, just kinda a normal young girl who, when she gets all dressed up in nerdlord mode looks way younger than she is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want to protect that (+‿‿+)

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 4, 2015

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

DESU-WA

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

graybook posted:

Yeah, I'm the kind of monster who dropped My Neighbor Seki when it gave the impression of "guy has wacky antics, never gets in trouble, but his classmates does for noticing". Not my style of comedy, but if you enjoy it, good on you.

lol.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm jealous of Umaru-chan. My Nendoroid is not an Angry Migu, it is just a regular one.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lmao

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

lol jesus christ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hahaha

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

The Colonel posted:

I'm jealous of Umaru-chan. My Nendoroid is not an Angry Migu, it is just a regular one.

The post-credit sequence in Ep 3 was p. good, too.

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 6, 2015

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Why did the brother deny having made his lunch? Is he ashamed?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

:laffo:

spot on

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

CrazySalamander posted:

Why did the brother deny having made his lunch? Is he ashamed?

japanisms

e: i wish i had a dependable older onii chan with a stable job who comes home and cleans up after me every time

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Best part of ep 5 was Ebina mentally copying (+‿‿+)'s sound effect when she tried to jump in between umaru and kirie

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Really can't wait to see oni-chan's co-workers become more prominent and interacting with the cast at large.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just started watching this show. I don't really get the hate, the series is just plain fun and chibi Umaru is adorable.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have recanted my hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I recall that I quite disliked the manga. I think I'll avoid the anime, 'cause yeah, sister girl was annoying as poo poo.

Past_Cantaloupe, you were wrong!

• Locked thread