Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I had some mans money floating around so I jumped in on the Nickstarter (Pre order program) and soon I will be getting me a wizard pair, a soldier box, the rule book plus the extras. Pretty reasonable amount of stuff for $111 NZ shipped; way better start up price then say a more recent release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

Anyone know of a cheap set of fairly generic (plastic) skeleton warriors? I know there's mantic and wargames factory; are there any other ones on the market?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Commissar Kip posted:

Thank you very much.

Now to figure out how to get my monkey tribe under these rules. I really want my wizard to have these guys as troops:

These are Lucid Eye's Simians.

Nothing is stopping you using them in your warband, unless you are really gunning for a different stat line, I don't see why you couldn't use them as thugs.

The Garage Gamers posted:

I can not recommend this game highly enough, it gives enough details about the city, but not the world to allow all sorts of great combinations of models to be used in it, create and theme your own warband and wizard to your taste. Tailor him specifically from many combinations to your own tastes.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jul 13, 2015

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I have a box at home from northstar :dance:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Here's my loot from the Nickstarter

Feel free to ask me any rules questions you have.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

BioTech posted:

Crossbows! How do they differ from bows? Same range, but you have to reload, so I'm guessing a damage bonus or something if you win the roll?

Any rules for playing with more than just 2 players?

Crossbows are +2 Damage.

As far as rules for multiple players go - Divide the table into N starting zones, each player brings 3 treasure tokens to deploy (so total treasure is 3xPlayers), there are rules for deploying treasures etc, roll for deployment, Round 1 FIGHT!. The scenarios provided are for different locales around Frostgrave and aren't tied to any player numbers. There are no specific rules for allied players, but it isn't hard to extrapolate from the 1v1 game.

Edit - I whipped up a quick table on the relationships between the 10 schools of magic. I hope you find it useful

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 16, 2015

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I'll try and cover all the questions when I have a bit more time to form a cohesive post.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

No Pun Intended answers your questions!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Do you think there will be limits on how many of certain types of henchman you can take? Could I bring 8 barbarians?

No limits on individual types of henchmen; Although Barbarians are 100gc; which is quite expensive seeing that henchmen are mostly ablative and will be redshirted quite often

Ashcans posted:

Rules questions:

I've seen it mentioned in reviews that when you attack damage can actually go both ways - the attacker can get hurt if they don't roll well enough. Is this just the equivalent of a critical fumble, or is it actually that if you straight lose the dice off the defender gets damage on you just like if he had initiated? (I hope this makes sense)

Short answer yes.

Long answer: Combat is an opposed D20 roll between the two combatants (the activating model and his opponent); It is D20 + Fight + Bonuses. The Higher roll is the winner and the one who will inflict damage. Damage is calculated from the winning roll - the targets armour, the difference is the damage inflicted. Damage modifiers are then added/subtracted from this number and applied to the models remaining health.

So even if you started the combat there is a chance you can get your butt handed to you.

Commissar Kip posted:

Are there rules for dual wielding?

Not really; a wizard can use a HW + Dagger to get a +1 fight bonus in combat. Since you don't really buy equipment for your soldiers there is no real way to give them two weapons; The soldier which is equipped with HW+Dagger has the bonus already factored into his fight stat.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I hear tell that there are only 20 pages of rules. Are them thar rumors hogwash?

Depends what you mean by "rules"; the whole book covers all the different facets of playing the game. The chapter dedicated to the actual tabletop portion of the game is 21 pages long.

Torkelyo posted:

Are Apprentices able to cast the same set of spells, just with a negative modifier or something?

And also, is an out-of-the-box Wizard casting these spells without any bonus to his roll?
Can he attempt more than one spell each turn?

Apprentices casts the wizards spells at -2; Your standard wizard doesn't get bonuses to casting. Each model has 2 actions a turn, one which is movement the other covers shooting/fighting/casting, these can be done in any order.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Do the soldiers get special abilites? Can a thief commit thievery or is he just a dood that moves faster?

Not really no, the thief etc just have a better statline. The apothecary does give you some bonuses to potion craft and can lessen the cost/reduce the time of injuries suffered in a campaign at the cost of being kinda rubbish in combat.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 18, 2015

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

:getin:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I need some sprue images!!

None yet; that was just a teaser announcement from Northstar. When I see them, I'll post them here, unless someone beats me too it.

They're are exactly what I'm looking for my necromancer warband though.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

One typo isn't bad :colbert:

I can fix it if people want.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ineptmule posted:

- create a name generator for the magic weapons. The loot table is just way too dull and flavourless!

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=magicitem

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Keep the staff and I'd say you have a pretty solid necromancer. If you swapped it for something more plain and genericly wizardy; I think that would be suitable for an elementalist.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I posted these over in the fantasy art thread; but I think they could provide inspiration for Frostgrave modelling and painting.

No Pun Intended posted:

Jakub Rebelka I quite like his gritty fantasy style.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

koreban posted:

I ordered my book from Amazon today and I've got Frostgrave on the mind this week. My LGS has a ton of old Reaper and Hell Dorado minis that I've been eyeing for a Warband (Including a pack of yeti-type monsters that look awesome for scenario play).

Does anyone have a quick list of types of enemy models I should look at picking up? I'm thinking the usual skeletons, goblins, giant spider, frost troll, slimes, rat packs, etc.

Do they have the Hell dorado Rabbi and his golem in stock?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I got an email from the Dice bag lady to say my nickstarter is on its way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I just got my nickstarter Via the dicebag lady! The Cultist boxset is pretty ace.