Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

signalnoise posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Frostgrave-Fantasy-Wargames-Frozen-City/dp/1472805046/

Frostgrave hardcover just dropped to 13 dollars for some reason

I was thinking about waiting until after release to hear more about it, but this sealed the deal for me! Hoping it'll be decently popular here in Norway.
Do we know which schools of magic are aligned yet? Illusionist looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

muskets posted:

https://ospreypublishing.com/gaming-resources/

I'm not sure what you mean by aligned, but that link has a spell cards PDF you can use to take a look at what the spells for each school do. That might help you out.

Pretty much every review I've read has said that every school of magic in the game is aligned to three of the other schools, neutral to four, and opposed to one.
You can learn any spell in the game, but get negative modifiers to your dicerolls the farther removed they are from your chosen school.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Implying its anything like the D20 rules would be a massive NO SELL for me, personally. :v:

This needs to come out already. I wish I at least knew what schools of magic are associated with eachother so I could look at those spell cards linked earlier and decide what kind of Wizard I'd want to use. Meanwhile I'm left windowshopping for minis.

These two Reaper dudes would make a pretty good Necromancer/Apprentice pair:

I've managed to find this, so it seems you're in luck.
http://i.imgur.com/M8kcseah.jpg

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Not a viking posted:

This is way back, but you don't live near Bergen by any chance?

Sadly not. I live near Oslo :shobon:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Rulebook Heavily posted:

My personal criteria is "does it have speed 7+" with a secondary "does it have a ranged attack." But really, you can get multiples if that's what you want to do. They don't do anything for you out of game, so if all you want is a bunch of thugs then that's gold for you. You could even do a "regiment" - ten infantrymen with a wizard sergeant who just orders reality to drop and give him twenty now and then.

I do like the Gotta Catch Them All approach to the higher tier ones, though. Cap is 10 unless you pick the base (after your first game) that increases it to 11.

Now I want to make a warband in a militant style. The wizard is the commanding officer and the rest are soldiers of varying ranks, everyone in matching uniforms :allears: