Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It's still not in print so I don't think there are any published game reports.

I've preordered anyhow, it should scratch the Mordheim itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Those early reviews are pretty glowing. It's clearly targeted as a Mordheim replacement but sounds a little more robust.

I wonder if osprey would consider a mass battle system next?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have so much GW fantasy terrain that I'm actually really looking forward to getting it all built and on the table. I never bothered before since moving blocks of infantry through a city was kind of lovely.

Once this bad boy shows up, it should be a pretty kickass table.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

This is a thing of beauty.

I kickstarted it when my group got into Mordheim but it should also be great for Warmachine and Frostgrave :)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Anyone know if Frostgrave will support guns? Or is it all bows? If you can use guns it'll open up a huge amount of minis for use.

Just proxy. Call your guns crossbows and use those stats. This ain't GW son.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Well with this mindset there's nothing stopping me from using my Deadzone minis

In most games crossbows and early powder firearms are similar in rules, not sure about fusion rifles.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I would be willing to bet that if you took 40k figs, used 40k terrain and just wrote an set of model/equipment equivalences this would make a kick rear end replacement for Kill Team and/or Inquisitor.

Spells become psychic powers, wizards become Inquisitors or rogue/xenos psykers, warbands become Inquistorial Henchman or Cutlists.

Done.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TheLawinator posted:

Pre-ordered, can't wait to play this. I'll have to evangelize to my people.

Just sell it as d20 Mordheim without crazy henchman advancement rules that uses models you already have. It sells itself.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

jodai posted:

Do you also have some of Germ's broken stone wall scatter terrain? Seems like it would compliment that Dragons don't share set well.

Yeah I've got to get some scatter terrain for this. Any link to his site around? Any goon coupon codes or anything?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Germ posted:

Ask, and ye shall.... For the next month, "GOONGRAVE" shall grant goons a 10% discount on stuff from worldsmithindustries.com .

You are a God amongst men. I shall place an order tomorrow.

Can we spread this around to the other TG threads?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

I desperately need to know how much base size matters.

I'd say size doesn't matter, but that's just me being polite.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Loxbourne posted:

Do we know anything about character progression in this game? Two-wielding strikes me as an obvious upgrade for more experienced models down the line.

Also, who is the existing guy who can dual-wield? I don't see it on the list of soldiers.

Templar.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Henchman advancement was one of the things that sort of broke Mordheim since it was so boom or bust. I'm not that sad to see it go frankly.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

enrious posted:

I'm sort of wondering if I should field a samurai dwarf warband. http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/products.asp?cat=38

Like you have to ask.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

Got my book, and then my local game store decided to sell off some of their old wargaming terrain. Picked up a ton of broken walls for next to nothing. And they had a bunch of Age of Sigmar boxes sitting on their "please buy this, we can't way to be rid of it" table.

I got my hands on some Rackham model that I'm going to use for a wizard/apprentice set. I'm just not quite sure what kind of wizard they kinda look like.

Looks like a Sigilist to me.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
My book showed up today and yeah the quality is very high for the price. I'm eager to see the expansion campaign now.

My group has at least eight players jumping in. A few of us bought these kits to build our warbands suplemented by a few models for the Wizard and Apprentice.

My Chronomancer:

And Apprentice:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I like the tower with a flashing green light that sends out an unknown message to an unknown listener.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the scenarios include a fair bit of terrain requirements, like in the silent tower and the living museum.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
There are only a handful of troop types, how hard is it to figure out what is what? Are you expected to buy a new model if you get a suit or armour in a treasure stash? If you give your apprentice a bow?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Illusionist maybe?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Frosty Skaven?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Wish I could tell you more, the image just popped up on the frostgrave facebook group, and thats all we have.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Frostgrave/

Could be one of the novelizations too.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

What is the make of the terrain?

I was going to ask the same question. That ruined tower is great.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Awesome, a legit Dread Gazebo :D

Gonna have to see if I can get one for not-absure prices in the UK...

A dollar tree just opened a block from my office. Success!

I looked for more so I could become supply-side Jesus for you goons, but it was the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Got my nickstarter today, thanks Annie!