Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Ask, and ye shall.... For the next month, "GOONGRAVE" shall grant goons a 10% discount on stuff from worldsmithindustries.com .

Thanks for the kind words, all! I'm in the midst of doing a lot of ruined-themed terrain that should be perfect for Frostgrave. I usually post updates on the Terrain thread. Will be finishing up some more carving tonight, and should have some more stuff posted in a week or two. I've got my eye toward another kickstarter, because, damnit, the economy of scale makes it so much easier to get stuff done all in one fell swoop rather than creating, producing, and selling pieces piecemeal.

drat, but I'm excited about this game. Between it and Kings of War, I'm pretty sure I'm going to survive the death of WHFB. Folks at my club are already gearing up for the switch, after a big 40k/WHFB 8th Ed event next weekend.

What the hell is up with Amazon, though? Preordered it for $18, and half a week later I cancelled that order to re-preorder it for $13. Dirt cheap. I had planned on just using existing models, but after seeing the official Frostgrave models, they're everything the shovel-handed big-headed GW Free Company models should have been. Yes, Please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

TKIY posted:

You are a God amongst men. I shall place an order tomorrow.

Can we spread this around to the other TG threads?

As long as you pimp Frostgrave in the process, yesgoon!

Germ
May 7, 2013

signalnoise posted:

THANKS GERM

I just bought 125 bucks worth of stupid poo poo I don't need from your store!

Yea! Thanks! I'll use your money to buy more resin to make more stupid poo poo for people to buy, perpetuating an endless cycle of consumerism that can only end in total world domination!

Moths, those walls look great!

Just got back from a 3-day Irishwake for Warhammer Fantasy, so I'll get the stuff packed up and sent off later today.

Germ
May 7, 2013

victrix posted:

Run em again with a theoretical 3d6 or 4d6 system for kicks :v:

(thanks for doing these - all that really matters in the end is if its fun)

Or 2d10. I'd love to see that!

Got mine. What a great value for 13 bux. Gorgeous book. The rules looks simple yet fun. I don't mind warriors not advancing, as they are expendable scrubs, but they can be boosted with equipment. Should be fun. I can't decide if illusionists, with their teleporting and switching, might be a little broken in a snag-the-treasure situation. Summoners also look like fun. I love all of the rules for wandering monsters. I used to run a Malifaux tournament called Walpurgis, and coming up with scenarios where the environment was at least as dangerous as the opponent was always tons of fun.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is A still the thug? Because in all the non D20 simulations the cheap thug mops the floor with the expensive barbarian. What gives?

I reckon they're just switched. Seeing the numbers, I'm actually pretty OK with the d20. 3d6 seems to make things too predictable and slow them down. I'm fine with things being swingy in a beer-and-pretzels fun game. It can make for more cinematics and crazy stories for the after-game beer.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Those are super pretty. Pre-made MDF buildings aren't my jam, but those are really the cream of the crop. Great use of painting before etching, and the designs nail the Mordhaim aesthetic without screaming laser-cut the way lots of buildings do. Let's see a whole table with minis and a battle report!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Played my first game last night. Used a summoner warband. My apprentice summoned a demon (with a 1) that preceded to eat my apprentice, an archer, and a thug, before my one-legged thug killed the demon, a wandering construct, and an enemy Templar. Then my one-legged thug carried off the treasure dropped by the enemy apprentice (who was killed by my wizard's bone shard spell).

gently caress, but this game is brutal. And fun. We played the Keep scenario, so folks were teleporting all over.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Otisburg posted:

Germ, you have impressed me already before I even got my resin terrain bits and bobs from you. I groused a little at the shipping to myself but paid it. To my suprise I got a Paypal refund without even asking for it when your cost ended up being less, even though you could have kept it without me having another thought about it. As long as the terrain is good quality when it arrives that alone earns you my repeat business. You're a mensch.

Been away too long and missed this. Thanks a million for the order! I wish I could find a way to get my store to do shipping based on total size rather than weight, but them's the breaks. My solution has been to just refund $ if I can fit stuff into a smaller flat-rate box. I reckon I lose out on some orders, but it's the only work-around I could figure. Your board looks fantastic, BTW!

I've been busy at terrain and should have some super-cool stuff to share, but I reckon it'll be a couple months off.

Holy loving shitcakes those cultists are exactly what my summoning warband needs. If they are half as quality as the soldiers, I'll be in hog heaven.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Frostbrick/

I led my son and his friend through their first game of Frostbrick the other day. He's stoked.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Silhouette posted:

Buy a jeweler's saw. This goes for everyone that doesn't already own one.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Got my third game in with my leveling-up (was 6th, now 8th) Summoner. Summoning is super rad. Between a full crew, 2 imps or minor demons that are loyal to you (summon demon), and 2 imps you can throw down at will anywhere you can see (summon imp) you can do all sorts of things without risking your own troops. Summoning uncontrolled imps next to treasure or in the path of opponents is a great way to slow the enemy down. It creates all sorts of great opportunities for board control. I've got to admit, double-leaping someone carrying a treasure out of harm's way to the board edge is likewise satisfying. It's a really fun game and I like it.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Otisburg posted:

I need to figure out where this dude got The Best Gazeebo.

That's not a competition I'd have anticipated, but, drat. That seriously is The Best Gazebo.

Germ
May 7, 2013

enrious posted:

http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=TombstoneCorners

e: sorry, didn't see your update. Of course, out of stock until next year.

Check out the Cobblestone Corners if you're into Christmas decorations.

Or, y'know, if you want cheap trees.

The Cobblestone Creations trees are great. They've also got some nice lamp posts if you're after a Victorian/Steampunk vibe.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Hey, am I correct in thinking that if I pledge for the Nickstarter through TheDiceBagLady I get all of the spending goals, cheaper shipping to the USA, and the opportunity to add on other stuff from her store in the same order? Any downsides?

Germ
May 7, 2013

Don't need exclusives, and I like to support goons. Ordered!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Got my tiny plastic mans, my book, and some cool extras (pins and gooncandy). Dicebaglady is awesome!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Commissar Kip posted:

Oh awesome! But then I read no international shipping :(

Sorry! It's close to $100 shipping a full pledge overseas, and I feel too ridiculous to ask folks to pay that.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Final plea:

Have you stopped to consider why your plastic dolls die so much, or why your frost-wizard never pulls off a spell when it matters? It's because they hate you. They hate you because you force them to live in aesthetically un-pleasing little worlds. Buy goon terrain and I am certain that your toys will love you again. They may still suck and die, but you can rest well knowing it is out of love, not hate.

Opportunity ... fading.

Less than 24 hours... remaining

Terrain ... so beautiful.

Must. Pledge. Now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-wargaming-scenery-and-terrain-ancient-ruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

ineptmule posted:

Why do you taunt me Germ. I would buy the gently caress out of your poo poo if you'd only ship to the UK :orks:

In Trump's America, you're on the wrong side of the wall, buddy.

:(