Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Ashcans posted:

Honestly if I was playing this game I would have no problem with you using a bunch of scifi space soldiers and having your 'wizard' be some sort of central AI/liaison to your spaceship for fire support/etc, go wild and have a good time. Bring your old StarShip Troopers models and use a Brainbug as the wizard, whatever.

Assuming that you are cool with those guys dying to a bunch of savages with pointy sticks, obviously. :v:

Yeah, same, but I think the plot point where sci fi shows crash land in medieval shows to be entertaining so I may be a philistine.

I would also expect you to be okay with having power armour as good as plate mail and plasma rifles as good as crossbows or whatever, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Amazon pre-order is guaranteed to ship at the lowest price from the time you place your order, right? Right? PLEASE BE RIGHT!!!

EDIT: Screw it, I cancelled the first order and just purchased at the new price.

At least in the UK that's how it works, yes.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I got some of the gnolls and I gotta ask, are there "intended" body/limb pairings? One of the torsos seems to have a really massive arm... flat-bit..? Not quite a socket I guess. I'm wondering if it's meant for a particular right arm.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Weirdo posted:

The flat bit is for one of the shields I think.

No, like, the body has a much larger flat space than seems to be required for one of the right arms to attach.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I don't know if I'll play the sea game, but I am pretty interested in the plastic lizardmen models at least :v:

Did I also hear correctly there's plastic orcs and maybe other monsters coming?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

LashLightning posted:

Northstar Miniatures are making plastic sets for some project with Osprey and their wargames sub-section. Currently confirmed are dwarfs, goblins and elves. They've sold a dwarf sprue at a convention, but we only have pictures of the goblin three-ups to go on.

I thought it was for the upcoming "Kobolds and Cobblestones" skirmish game that's coming out early next year, but apparently they're for a different game.

Okay that orc owns. So do their dwarves, looking at them.

I feel like northstar are probably my favourite (non historical) plastics people atm.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Possibly a silly question but is it possible to make a warband out of the undead?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Nash posted:

Totally! All the basic soldier stats are identical regardless of race. A barbarian archer is the exact same as a soldier, gnoll, cultist, or skeleton archer.

Ah nice, so there's no expansion rules or anything?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Irate Tree posted:

New Snakemen going on pre-order March 1st on Nickstarter.

I love them :3:

Yeah, I love how rubber-monster they look without dipping into being goofy. Like, it has the aesthetic of the period but doesn't look terrible.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I played this yesterday!

My immediate feeling is that it's hella swingy, which feels like it's for the campaign. poo poo died really easily and I ate a ton of crits but, had it been a campaign, most of my guys are fine and I got away with 200gp and a grimoire, whereas my opponent lost his apprentice and had about 100gc. In a standup fight, it feels like it could do with some bigger mods or more normalised dice so there's fewer times your knight charges a thug and immediately explodes.

jodai posted:

Has anyone tried the mecha variant that is in the second Frostgrave magazine. I just heard about it today, I'm pretty interested.

I'm interested but this is the first I've heard of it. How's it work?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Cassa posted:

I'm super interested. Is it a mech instead of a wizard? Do the rest of the units get changed at all?

My mates were throwing around the idea of a sci-fi reskin of Frostgrave, if only because how super lethal ranged attacks are.

Oh, yeah, that was the other big surprise: ranged is just as good at killing stuff as melee in most cases, and doesn't let the other guy hit you back if you fluff. I can see big blobs of archers being VERY good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

What's the difference between them gameplaywise?