Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Change is inevitable, and probably improvement's on the horizon, but I don't expect an end to racism ever to occur, any more than an end to murder or to people saying nasty things to one another. Legally, I think equality under the law is a pretty decent place to be, and I'll continue to quietly support that as a private citizen at the voting booth and at the polls, along with attempting to treat people as fairly as I can in my personal and my professional interactions. I just don't particularly want to get caught up in a crusade to cure the evil in men's souls.

Whatever that makes me ideologically I guess is what I am.
I think racism is inevitable insofar as it's tribalism and tribalism is human. I don't think racism per se is here to stay.

It could very well look to people 500 years from now the way a rigid class system/aristocracy looks to us in the West today. And they'll be discriminating against each other based on some sci-fi Gattaca bullshit that won't be relevant to their descendants either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
racism will not end until we are in the matrix future where everyone has interbred and we're all sort of a brownish color

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it feels good???

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Al Cowens posted:

'Trigger' is merely a dogwhistle for 'friend of the family' and people are starting to realize this so they have since moved on to CWs (Content Warnings)
Ditto "poc"/"people of color" and "colored"

Trigger Warning

Around triggers, never... linger?

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

oy vey, mods? can we get this filth banned? also I love all the careposting from guilty whites the last couple pages, our plans are going exaaaactly like we thought

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
hoenstly its p cool to be white cause when you pass out at a party i can just write on you with a sharpie. you're like a human white board! :)

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

solo humping pro posted:

hoenstly its p cool to be white cause when you pass out at a party i can just write on you with a sharpie. you're like a human white board! :)

If you are black then it is like a human blackboard so you have to use chalk.

This is why black people always complain about their skin being chalky or ashy.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Demonachizer posted:

This is why black people always complain about their skin being chalky or ashy.

That makes so much sense

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
fucken lmao

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
this show looks like they just find some dumbass teenagers and pretty much humiliate the poo poo out of them on TV in a way that will probably gently caress up the rest of their lives somehow. and they sell it as like a profound social experiment or something.

I;m gonna watch it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Demonachizer posted:

which one is you

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
im not trying to be funny i literally didnt notice the black dude until very last

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

find some dumbass teenagers and pretty much humiliate the poo poo out of them on TV

The best scene in Borat, other than cruising Ron Paul in his hotel room, was the drunk white frat guys telling us how it really is for the white race.
They sued afterward and the judge was like, "lol, no."

I can't believe nobody's tapped into this well of comedy yet, and I look forward to watching tonedeaf teens dance around their deeply held racism.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Aw gently caress.

Ramsus posted:

everyone is racist and diversity being good is a myth
:stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

EugeneJ posted:

small penis

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Wait so MTV is still a thing?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If MTV does the let's-condescendingly-talk-about-race thing that's a good sign it has worn out its welcome.

Let's all just start loving ourselves, no matter what color we are. :angel:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Is MTV still relevant to today's youth?

I seem to remember Total Request Live being popular for its first year or so, but that was like over a decade ago.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I'm old, so will somebody young please indulge me: What does MTV do?

They don't play music videos anymore (you know, the one thing that gave their brand tremendous international cultural relevance). They recently had a popular show called Teen Wolf, which they ran into the ground with poo poo lazy writing (she's asian? well, she sure knows martial arts and has a sword and probably talks about her family's honor all the loving time. And we all knew token chubby black guy was dead as gently caress the instant we saw him. His abs just weren't cut enough to justify the requisite shirtless scenes).

Is it all lazy reality TV targeted toward tweens these days? Because gently caress tweens. (not sexually, they simply have no taste. I feel that's an important qualifier because this forum plays host to some pedophiles.)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
In defense of MTV, Teen Mom is one of fhe funniest shows on tv. It doesn't aim to be, but it is.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
i dont know anyone taht still unrironically watches MTV

i guess when real world and poo poo was still on it was popular but nowadays i dont even know what the hell their programming line up is

good riddance imo what a trash network

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Seems like kids don't even really watch TV, just Youtube. I mean, I think the only music you can't really find on Youtube is stuff Prince owns.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Business Gorillas posted:

drawbacks of being white:

-can't dance

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

1st AD posted:

-can't dance

-is afraid of spicy foods

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hector Beerlioz posted:

In defense of MTV, Teen Mom is one of fhe funniest shows on tv. It doesn't aim to be, but it is.

Teen Mom is excellent. True Life used to be good but has sucked for a year or two now

Im not sure which one I expect to go off the air first, MTV or VH1....like I don't even know what VH1 airs

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
its ironic that when americans talk about race as it effects the whole world they're actually talking about specific racial issues that effect maybe 300 million of the worlds 7 billion population

everywhere got they own racism. For example. in Britain we now hate slavs more than blacks or indians

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

small penis

French have the largest dicks in the world. Hate saying it, but white people won.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Demonachizer posted:

EDIT: Also I kind of don't really consider myself "white" because it kind of doesn't make sense. I know what my ancestry is.
Does white just mean anglo?

I agree with this. White is a skin colour, not an ethnic group. To lump a bunch of varied people together into one category is kind of silly. Europe has a lot of diversity in an ethnic and cultural sense. I guess it can get more blurred in the US though.

As for whether European and European descended people are sucky and deserve to be ashamed - I'll leave that to the experts at MTV to decide.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

The Saurus posted:

its ironic that when americans talk about race as it effects the whole world they're actually talking about specific racial issues that effect maybe 300 million of the worlds 7 billion population

everywhere got they own racism. For example. in Britain we now hate slavs more than blacks or indians
Actually I have it on good authority that white supremacy affects everyone in the entire world.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
how about the positive ways it effects it

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

The Saurus posted:

gently caress you and your weird teeth

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Sure but they aren't afraid to put their small penises into spicy food in front of a camera

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

NutritiousSnack posted:

French have the largest dicks in the world. Hate saying it, but white people won.

the french aren't people

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

Business Gorillas posted:

sounds like a drawback of being you :smug:

Yo that face matches the gorilla in your avatar perfect

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
MTV once again sells black culture to white people. First it was rap and hip-hop, now it's hating white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Do It Once Right posted:

I'm old, so will somebody young please indulge me: What does MTV do?

They don't play music videos anymore (you know, the one thing that gave their brand tremendous international cultural relevance). They recently had a popular show called Teen Wolf, which they ran into the ground with poo poo lazy writing (she's asian? well, she sure knows martial arts and has a sword and probably talks about her family's honor all the loving time. And we all knew token chubby black guy was dead as gently caress the instant we saw him. His abs just weren't cut enough to justify the requisite shirtless scenes).

Is it all lazy reality TV targeted toward tweens these days? Because gently caress tweens. (not sexually, they simply have no taste. I feel that's an important qualifier because this forum plays host to some pedophiles.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY

• Locked thread