Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
These ma'fuckas:

Nothing beats steakums for a quick snack after the bars IMO. They're quick, greasy, and drat good. Might not be as easy as a hot pocket since you gotta have some bread and cheese and put the sandwich together yourself... but tbh if you don't have a few subrolls around you're a cretin anyways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

they sound like a type of dog treat OP

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I like them with A-1 steak sauce which can be found in the condiment aisle of your favorite grocery store.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
frozen thinly sliced beef sounds delicous

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you are buying the bread and the cheese already why not just buy some beef ffs

I haven't seen steak-ums in the store so I'm assuming this is a midwest thing.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i rolle them around a jimmy dead sausage link and then lace the sausage link with readymade bacon and i light one of the steakumm blunt and puff on the other side smoking just enough such that the preservative heavy skins of all three products toasts likely and i inhale the smoke it's cheaper than smoking duplo blocks and it looks like ur smoking a meat cigar so it's fun???

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i had them once and was p disappointed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i have a meat cigar you can smoke

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
walmart sells frozen philly beef that falls apart into little strips when you cook it it's a lot better than steakums

I think it's actual real meat too and not something extruded onto a conveyor belt

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fonzarelli posted:

they sound like a type of dog treat OP

yeah my dog would go bonkers for those

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
They're a perfect fit for a meat shoe.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Vin BioEthanol posted:

walmart sells frozen philly beef that falls apart into little strips when you cook it it's a lot better than steakums

I think it's actual real meat too and not something extruded onto a conveyor belt

lol philly beef

The only thing that makes phily cheesesteaks (and any hoagie from the area) good is the bread. The meat is generic, and you are a tool for buying into that hype.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

JakeP posted:

lol philly beef

The only thing that makes phily cheesesteaks (and any hoagie from the area) good is the bread. The meat is generic, and you are a tool for buying into that hype.

but I don't have to cut it up, what now?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JakeP posted:

lol philly beef

I make my cheesesteaks with only the best flour, grown in my acreage of organic wheat fields. finely milled with exoctic yeasts, then microwave some steakums.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
erotic yeasts?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
a tin of corned beef is easier, op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
goddamn what the gently caress is wrong with you people getting tins and frozen bags of meat because 'don't have to cut it.' Just have the deli/butcher slice it for you when you buy it

and people wonder why there is an obesity epidemic

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frostwerks posted:

erotic yeasts?

want some?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Vin BioEthanol posted:

but I don't have to cut it up, what now?

thats probably not a good thing

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite late night drunk snack is a monte cristo with a fried egg thrown into it at the end

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
do you not have delis open 24hrs that make this poo poo fresh for you as you stumble home from your drinkin mausoleum in the Frederick Douglass memorial black people cemetery? just lol if you use your microwave for anything other than making marshmallow peeps explode

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My dog's canned food smells pretty good so I googled is it safe to eat dog food; apparently there's less inspection on dog food so I was advised to not eat dog food. So I probably won't be eating any steak-ums I don't think. :shrug:

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
steak umms own, fry em up and throw a couple pieces of american cheese in there and mix it up once the cheese melts.

just how mom used to do in the good ol days when people didn't get all up your rear end about not raising and butchering the cattle yourself

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
let me just microwave these dry rear end gray pieces of meat that remind me a little too much of my nan's vagina

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Put them in a pan , nothing else requires they cook almost instantly . They taste insanely good. I eat zero microwave food and most garbage but I'll eat that garbage. Everyone eat a steak ums

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Looks like rebranded Döner.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

steakums, onions, dash of Guinness, season, simmer to whatever that makes put the concoction on toasted bread, or leave in the pan and eat off of so you don't make dishes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ it's like monkeys imitating actions they see humans doing

you just throw all that poo poo in at once like that? why not saute or caramelize the onions a bit first? season with what?

someone help the midwest and the rust belt

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

you just throw all that poo poo in at once like that? why not saute or caramelize the onions a bit first? season with what?

do not do what i said to do, its probably gross, i made it up like bobby flay

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

more like gay-cums

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nonsense posted:

do not do what i said to do, its probably gross, i made it up like bobby flay

ok thank god I was like wtf do people actually do this

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I think the name is from when someone asked the inventor what meat it is.

"It's, ummm, steak, ummm."

"Steak-ums? Sounds exotic!"

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Moridin920 posted:

Might i suggest something offal for more detailed instructions

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Jesus Christ this thread is depressing.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
slicing actual strips of steak and cooking them doesn't require that much actual coordination and doesn't slowly transform you into subhuman slime either hth

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
It's a vampire hunters favourite snack.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Sounds like the guy had a stroke halfway through thinking of the name

"Okay so we'll call them steak-UMMMMMMMMMMSSSSS" *drools and spasms incontrollably*

"Wow that's great Bob, nice work"

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I read the thread title as Steak-urns

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I was saying Steak-urns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
actually it's Waffle House op. it's a one stop shop for drunk food and entertainment after midnight. open alll night.

• Locked thread