Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

Some people posting about cool bands in GBS, so I'm doing that.
I think qotsa are really neat, please
1) validate my opinions by agreeing with me
2) argue about whether or not they've sold out
3) come to a complete agreement on which album is the best

I hope all five members of thefade.net show up to contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
not as good as deftones

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
not as good as white stripes

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
i vastly prefer their first album to the rest.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
They suck and Josh homme is a retard

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Heaven smiles above op.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Heaven smiles above op.

Dead lifeboat in the sun, whatever that's supposed to mean.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I like their music, mostly.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Not even as good as The Jonas Brothers and I don't even know what they sound like.

Real post: some QOTAS songs are okay I guess, their singles didn't really want to make me explore them further though. Our music tastes differ which is okay, lately I've been getting back into Joy Division and Glassjaw, also had a rare moment of firing Auf der Maur up recently.

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I love them. They are great.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I only like some of their singles. Josh is a insufferable rear end in a top hat.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Not even as good as The Jonas Brothers and I don't even know what they sound like.

Real post: some QOTAS songs are okay I guess, their singles didn't really want to make me explore them further though. Our music tastes differ which is okay, lately I've been getting back into Joy Division and Glassjaw, also had a rare moment of firing Auf der Maur up recently.

I'm glad that you are enjoying music that you like, OP.
I tend to listen to albums in full like a total square so I enjoy the albums as pieces of work in themselves. I am also a big idiot keep that in mind.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Which is better, queens of the stone age or eagles of death metal?

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

haris pilton posted:

I only like some of their singles. Josh is a insufferable rear end in a top hat.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

sout posted:

I'm glad that you are enjoying music that you like, OP.
I tend to listen to albums in full like a total square so I enjoy the albums as pieces of work in themselves. I am also a big idiot keep that in mind.

Albums are meant to be enjoyed in full as that was their intention, there's bands out there who have a small collection of good songs but to have a whole album's worth is rare. As much as I enjoy Cursive's releases and each one has their gems, nothing will top "Domestica' which is just loving amazing from start to end.

Songs For The Deaf just didn't work for me. I once knew a couple of people who met Josh Homme & Nick Oliveri around 12 years ago during a UK tour. Said they were cool people when getting stoned with them back stage after a gig.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Albums are meant to be enjoyed in full as that was their intention, there's bands out there who have a small collection of good songs but to have a whole album's worth is rare. As much as I enjoy Cursive's releases and each one has their gems, nothing will top "Domestica' which is just loving amazing from start to end.

Songs For The Deaf just didn't work for me. I once knew a couple of people who met Josh Homme & Nick Oliveri around 12 years ago during a UK tour. Said they were cool people when getting stoned with them back stage after a gig.

The problem with having three singers on that album is that neither Nick nor Mark have played with them for ages. A Song for the Dead is still fun to hear live even with Josh's sung vocals though.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
yes op and Kyuss also rules

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
i saw them on an episode of anthony bourdain and they seemed like good music for riding around in the desert on various combos of drugs and alcohol

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The cool thing is that there's so many collaborations between bands in the "desert scene" that there's always more music to find from particular musicians. Desert Sessions has a handful of good tracks on it, what's weird is hearing what are basically demos for later Queens songs.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

correct op

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

I prefer the first album and Kyuss, but I still respect your opinions OP, qotsa is a cool band.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I pronounce it coh-tsah

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
White Music

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
qoatse is good if it's literally your first exposure to anything within or orbiting the grunge sound

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I like them sometimes. They are a sometimes band.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I like Songs For The Deaf a lot, and Like Clockwork was also excellent.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
do you think there actually were queens in the stone age?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

they are good

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I agree fully however I think their earlier albums are the best peace

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
they had some good tunes OP

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
josh homme ruined arctic monkeys so gently caress him

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
them crooked vultures is the best qotsa album

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
that lil sister song is about the time he raped his lil sister, it's disgusting they turned that into a pop song that makes them money

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Songs for the deaf and Rated R are solid albums. First it Giveth is definitely my favorite track, dunno why it wasnt a hit single and it didn't get much radio play either.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
yeah, they're p good. I feel like I'm the only one that liked Era Vulgaris, though so I may be a tasteless idiot.

naem
May 29, 2011

This was kind of a bland era, hard to feel nostalgic for

jopparoad
Jul 27, 2009
Pillbug
They had a few excellent albums in the early 2000's. Check out Unida if you're a Kyuss fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWfpW52c5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZIHwdrKNvA

I don't care how irrelevant or dated this style of music is, it will never be popular and I hope it never burns out and dies as a result.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpqZT_56Ns

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Q25w9si0

• Locked thread