Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

honestly the britshit confuses the gently caress out of me why didnt they just make Harry Potter american

Could have been called Harvey Potts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
How come the wizards have a stupid name for regular humans who don't have their lame magical powers? They need a slur for someone who can't fly on a broomstick? (Muggles)
Also no wonder Harry's dad didn't want him going to Hogwarts, it's a stupidly-named school full of exclusionary assholes who are pretty much magical racists

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the death eaters are the boers and regular wizards are good hearted colonial brits

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

gas this thread, ban this op

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

they gotta walk thru a metal detector on the way into magic school

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
hey guiys im an american and i literalyl cannot enjoy things without it being re-framed into my ameri-centric perspective. anything slightly outside of my vague patriotic inclinications is loving retarded and gay (because i cant understand it)

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

solo humping pro posted:

hey guiys im an american and i literalyl cannot enjoy things without it being re-framed into my ameri-centric perspective. anything slightly outside of my vague patriotic inclinications is loving retarded and gay (because i cant understand it)

:words: - u

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
hermione is replaced by honey boo boo's daughter

harry potter is played by shia labeouf

ron is danny devito with a red wig

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

case in FACKEN point

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

solo humping pro posted:

how about you gently caress OFF YOU RED COATED gently caress

:911:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is what I think about this thread, OP.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

Rand alPaul posted:

This is what I think about this thread, OP.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

solo humping pro posted:

ron is danny devito with a red wig

Danny Devito with a red moustache: Dr. Robotnik

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

General Tofu posted:

Danny Devito with a red moustache: Dr. Robotnik

Hahahaha.

Edit: vvvv :golfclap:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 10, 2015

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the real fantasy is believing anyone would set foot in a train station in america

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
the real fantasy is believing that americans would be able to find a train platform with fractions involved

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Potter is so unbelievable.

A ginger with TWO friends.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

happyhippy posted:

Potter is so unbelievable.

A ginger with TWO friends.

dude potters not the ginger, Ronaldo is, and there should be a token hispanic not a token ginger in the American rerelease

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Keanu Reeves as Snape

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Devito would actually have been p boss at mad eye moody tho

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
hogwarts is in florida my cousin went there so im p sure they are american op

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Instead of a magical owl that brings Harry his invitation or whatever, it's a predator drone.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its funny how americans can barely understand any other english speaking accents that aren't north american, yet the rest of the english speaking world has no trouble navigating through any accents at all.

there's nothing more pathetic than an american asking for subs because a movie has a slight scottish brogue in it

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

Fonzarelli posted:

its funny how americans can barely understand any other english speaking accents that aren't north american, yet the rest of the english speaking world has no trouble navigating through any accents at all.

there's nothing more pathetic than an american asking for subs because a movie has a slight scottish brogue in it

tbf though i dont think scots even understand what the gently caress theyre saying

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

Pulp Can Move posted:

Instead of a magical owl that brings Harry his invitation or whatever, it's a predator drone.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just recently found out that Harry Potter is set in the 90's and am deeply disappointed that the films passed up the chance to have a kicking Madchester/Britpop soundtrack and have everyone dressed like this:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Fonzarelli posted:

never met a brit who could understand a southerner without asking them to slow down even if they dont have a drawl to speak of

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I would love to see an American Harry Potter where Harry Potter (renamed Aiden Colorado) is just this white kid from the suburbs who is friends with a black Ron (renamed Lavon Jones) and an Asian Hermione (renamed Jessica Park), and they attend Lincoln Magic High School, and it's like Dawson's Creek (Lavon sleeps with Snape who is now a lady) but with magic.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 10, 2015

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

southerners are easy to understand, there are tons of southerners on tv

the world is familiar with your bearded redneck duck call family, your version of royalty I guess?

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

southerners are easy to understand, there are tons of southerners on tv

the world is familiar with your bearded redneck duck call family, your version of royalty I guess?

Unlike yours who just hate the Abbos?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

If Harry Potter had American actors everyone would be really attractive because Hollywood, and that's not realistic when you're setting a story in the United Kingdom.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
That's why you set it in America instead.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Flo Cytometer posted:

Unlike yours who just hate the Abbos?

america is the king of racism, c'mon man don't start this again

always with the aboriginal stuff when i doubt you twats even know what you're talking about, you just kinda heard some stuff about aboriginals

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
ron would be called bubba and his parents would be siblings

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

FreudianSlippers posted:

I just recently found out that Harry Potter is set in the 90's and am deeply disappointed that the films passed up the chance to have a kicking Madchester/Britpop soundtrack and have everyone dressed like this:

to be fair they did get jarvis cocker at least

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
erbology

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
And they could follow the trend of casting wrinkly 20/ early 30 somethings as kids/teens.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

LeoMarr posted:

honestly the britshit confuses the gently caress out of me why didnt they just make Harry Potter american

Could have been called Harvey Potts.

Harvey Potts 2016

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

america is the king of racism, c'mon man don't start this again

always with the aboriginal stuff when i doubt you twats even know what you're talking about, you just kinda heard some stuff about aboriginals

You elected Pauleen (towards the knife) Hanson.

You were also ejected from England, where we claim we left on free will. gently caress you big pizza car stealing chavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
is snogging a real word used over there

• Locked thread