Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

solo humping pro posted:

i would liek to play na rpg where i can be an NPC that sells bread or maybe small trinkets and tomes

i dont like to fight really

if you think about it, you are like an NPC in everyone's life. the bread and trinket shop is all up to you now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

RadioactiveKid posted:

if you think about it, you are like an NPC in everyone's life. the bread and trinket shop is all up to you now

this is really inspiration thanks friend

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gotta be a sword guy, because there's usually a super sick magic legendary epic sword and I'm not gonna give that to some random party member

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

stealth class master race

Lmao at dumbass warriors and bitchass mages itt

Certified bad person ITT go play one of those awful stealth games which consist entirely of crouching while you wait for a guard to pass and savescumming when you gently caress that up.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I like healing classes.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

vyst posted:

I like healing classes.

This is only acceptable when you heal yourself by hitting someone in the face

Really hard

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
No, that's completely acceptable and fairly normal.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

rogues get to be up there in the thick of things, which is way better than hanging out in the back throwing arrows or spells at a bunch of dots in the distance where you barely feel like you are a part of the fight
rogues get to deal the damage, and let's be honest, you want to be the cool dude who lands all the kills
rogues tend to have a fast-paced, high risk/high reward playstyle, which is the most fun way to play video games in general
rogues have cool stealth poo poo and don't care about locks

rogues best

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Vargs posted:

rogues get to be up there in the thick of things, which is way better than hanging out in the back throwing arrows or spells at a bunch of dots in the distance where you barely feel like you are a part of the fight
rogues get to deal the damage, and let's be honest, you want to be the cool dude who lands all the kills
rogues tend to have a fast-paced, high risk/high reward playstyle, which is the most fun way to play video games in general
rogues have cool stealth poo poo and don't care about locks

rogues best

Nah, if you're a good rogue, you're chilling in the back in the shadows, sniping things with like throwing daggers and crossbows, only moving in for the kill.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
summoner/necro/pet class since 95% of rpgs have godawful combat systems and i'd rather the ai do the work while i sort my inventory over and over into perfect ocd symmetry

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i go with my english/scot roots and use a long bow/bastard sword or claymore

everything else is inferior

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
idk about western rpgs but in jrpgs i always seem to play the brooding effeminate teenage boy with nonsensical armor and dumb spikey hair class

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
ranged classes in action rpgs are the best becaust you can run and shoot but melee is just run in and click

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Sheep-Goats posted:

Certified bad person ITT go play one of those awful stealth games which consist entirely of crouching while you wait for a guard to pass and savescumming when you gently caress that up.

I just shoot then all in the head with arrows while they run at me. It leaves them in a nice line for easy looting.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Sheep-Goats posted:

you've been watching my twitch stream i see

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Healer/tank. No one dies... Ever.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
the best thing about mass effect was when they took the close combat murder class and introduced the ability to instantly charge fuckers from across the room

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

remember when they made a wolfenstein game like this

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I always do some sort of warrior on my first playthrough, then say that I am going to be a stealth or magic guy on the next and then never play again.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Madcosby posted:

6 bottle caps
1 mug
1 clipboard

*keeps putting points in lockpick*

One of my moments of Peak Fallout was stealing a bunch of medical supplies from a locked desk in an NCR camp, then getting assigned a quest to solve the mystery of the missing medical supplies.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
As long as it's the Brute or Dominator class.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Warriors are like wizards, except they wield the element of steel instead of lovely ones like air or water.

So, warriors. Always.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Whichever is the prettiest girl because it's a lot cheaper and more practical than a sex change

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Nefarious posted:

idk about western rpgs but in jrpgs i always seem to play the brooding effeminate teenage boy with nonsensical armor and dumb spikey hair class

BOOM! Take that, Japan!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Sufficient posted:

As long as it's the Brute or Dominator class.

I really unironically enjoyed CoV for a minute as an MM

(the best most unkillable mm ever actually)

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I only play RPGs where my character grows organically over time, negating the need to pick a class at the start :smug:

In Skyrim this ended with me playing a vampire orc who wears heavy armour but is still really good at sneaking and shootings people before breaking out the sword and board when they get close. basically just did whatever stopped me from dying in the early game and ran with it.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

The Protagonist posted:

I really unironically enjoyed CoV for a minute as an MM

(the best most unkillable mm ever actually)

Yeah they were a great concept,

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fansy posted:

I'm a wizard

edit: and an elf
this is me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i like elfgames

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

burritolingus posted:

BOOM! Take that, Japan!

sorry i offended glorious nippon

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Sufficient posted:

Yeah they were a great concept,

force bubble made everything hilarious

force bubble people into geometry traps and then play dice while your robots spend 5 minutes killing the twat hero

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Kinetics had some great poo poo with Repel too

also buffing friendlies with Speed Boost so they would run off cliffs and poo poo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

was repel like a constant gale-force hurricane wind blasting out from you in every direction forever with force sufficient to permanently trap idiots into corners?

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
yah it was, super fun with the ragdolls.... also gravity well (or w/e) with Gravity Control, slinging everything into a blackhole and spitting them out into a corner and then shooting them with things

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
the best class is the proletariat

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Nefarious posted:

the best class is the proletariat

Uh, sorry, its the oppressing bourgeoisie.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i always play a cleric in online games

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'm pretty sick of the traditional classes. I wish a few new badass paradigms would be invented.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Cipher is actually really cool in Pillars of Eternity, don't know if it's original to that or not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

solo humping pro posted:

i would liek to play na rpg where i can be an NPC that sells bread or maybe small trinkets and tomes

i dont like to fight really

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/

• Locked thread