Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Andarel (Lymn) vs. Dire Wombat (Lesandra) is up and ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Is there a directory of those sheets somewhere? Really interested in making something like that to throw into my physical set.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Andarel posted:

Is there a directory of those sheets somewhere? Really interested in making something like that to throw into my physical set.

Read the OP posted:

I want to try this out before I drop cash. How do I demo the game?
Like I mentioned above, this link here will take you to a free PNP Demo you can play with your friends.

But you're a goon, so you don't have friends. We can still help! The SA BattleCON community is almost constantly running Play By Post games. Just ask in the thread if someone wants to play a game, and you'll find an opponent and a moderator in no time. :frogsiren: And if you decide you want to moderate a game, you can check out our goon-made PBP aids here! :frogsiren:

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 7, 2015

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Google drive, google drive everywhere!

Onwards to the pbpamajig.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What I did was download the proper sheets, so the character, bases, and spaces, upload everything I need to an imgur album, and then bookmark that album. Not that bad when all is said and done.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
If you like the sheets looking good, I also update the sheets from time to time - usually when someone runs a match with a character and I realize the assets I made are massively ugly, like the old cards I had for Iri's Forms. If anyone cares, I could put up an update log in the folder?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
So apparently Battlecon Online is going to be getting a Steam release some time according to the email I just got. :toot:

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

signalnoise posted:

So apparently Battlecon Online is going to be getting a Steam release some time according to the email I just got. :toot:

I am super okay with this. :toot:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

What I did was download the proper sheets, so the character, bases, and spaces, upload everything I need to an imgur album, and then bookmark that album. Not that bad when all is said and done.

Could I get a link to that? Google Drive doesn't work for me, so I've been copying it over to Imgur as well. (here , if people wanted it.)

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You did basically the same thing as me. Here's my Rukyuk/Cadenza for reference.
http://imgur.com/a/8hiyP/all

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

signalnoise posted:

It could be a buggy, horrific mess, and I could know that ahead of time, and I probably will still buy it day one. :toot:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

OmegaGoo posted:

It could be a buggy, horrific mess, and I could know that ahead of time, and I probably will still buy it day one. :toot:

Only probably? C'mon now. We're going to preorder it.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Kick-star-ter! Kick-star-ter!

Interesting that they want to do it League of Legends style where you start with some limited selection and can buy more as you go. Hope that doesn't come back to bite them.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Battlecon Online will boost my Battlecon playing by over 9000!

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

You know what the most amazing part of BattleCON online will be?

It's going to be rules-enforced!. That means they might actually be competently codifying the rules! We'll have a universal reference as to how everything works!

Assuming it's all implemented correctly.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Patch 0.89123987: Found another bug in a card combo you'll probably never see in your lifetime

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

signalnoise posted:

Patch 0.89123987: Found another bug in a card combo you'll probably never see in your lifetime

-Cadenza no longer spawns Shektur when using Iron Body tokens.

Ldsity
May 29, 2015

Which guy?

That Huang Gai?
Patch #1: We are no longer including Sagas as part of the roster due to employee brains exploding

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Got a couple more games in today. Tanis vs Clive, Karin vs Pendros, Tanis vs Adjenna.

Tanis vs Adjenna is so weird. Other player was in a weird situation and ended up getting killed after being clashed out of options because he realllly didn't want to get hit by a 7-damage Shot, managed to deal 14 damage in two turns somehow...

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

BattleCON Online info from Gen Con.

Some important points:
  • Designed for multiple platforms, including Steam for PC/Mac, Browser-based, iOS, Android, etc.
  • BCO will work on a League of Legends-style monetization system. There will be a rotating selection of "free characters" at any given time, and you can pay money to "unlock" a given character permanently. (KS backers will get all launch characters unlocked.)
  • I've mentioned it before, but there will be new online-only characters, who will use mechanics that would be difficult to track in tabletop form. (Characters who permanently alter their cards, for example.)
  • New "Turbo BattleCON" variant, designed for async or weak connections. Turbo BattleCON moves all decision making to the Set Pair and Ante step, so that you don't have to wait for the other player as much. Turbo has no post-reveal decisions--so Drive is always Advance 2, Burst is always Retreat 2, et cetera. Dash is replaced by Guard (Stun Immunity, can only take 1 damage this turn). Ante is double blind, rather than the see-or-pass method used in "Classic" BattleCON.
  • New card frames designed for screen readability. Stun Guard is moved from text box to stat line with range/pow/pri. (It's the number in green.)
  • Kickstarter exclusives are all cosmetics--alternate art and costumes, et cetera.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 9, 2015

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

The demo at gencon looked very Hearthstone-y in terms of graphic design, which is fine because that's what people are basically programmed to expect from an online card game at this point.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

So for people like me who are going to own the entirety of BattleCon in a massive like >1 cubic foot wooden chest, I'm looking to acquire or make something that will allow me to carry all the cards necessary to play the game for like 8 characters, well-organized. My tuckboxes don't fit into those cardboard trading card boxes, so I'm wondering what to do here.

I might just unsleeve all my cards and stick them all in poker tuckboxes, possibly making custom tuckboxes. Thoughts on what should go on a poker-size tuckbox without getting them custom for each character?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Gutter Owl posted:

• BCO will work on a League of Legends-style monetization system. There will be a rotating selection of "free characters" at any given time, and you can pay money to "unlock" a given character permanently. (KS backers will get all launch characters unlocked.)

You say this, and all I can imagine is Yorick breaking the server every time a new character is released.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Ordered those Go7 inserts since they said the new potential solution was a chest of some sort and it'll use the same trays. I have a hobby lobby case sitting around that I can use anyways, the game in it can be shifted easily. Gotta figure out how best to lay this out - and if it doesn't get used for battlecon I'll repurpose it for something else.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Hi all! I made more pixel assets to increase readability in matches (and to make things look cooler). Everything's uploaded to the Google Drive, including blown-up official sprites for every character, but here's a summary.

Tokens and counters, i.e. things that don't go directly on the board:

If you want to use the board images I use, here's the markers that do go directly on the board, as well as a couple alternate-form character sprites that don't already exist (Juto, base sprites edited for clone Arec, Gaspar and Sarafina, and doggie Karin and Jager by Fabio Fontes, not by me):

I also updated the following character sheets in order to make cards easier to fit into posts / to make cards look better / not use official BattleCON card art on any card graphics: Anath, Clive, Gerard, Lesandra, Malandrax, Runika, Zaamassal.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
If Runika is hit for 0 thanks to Soak or whatever, does she still lose an artifact?
Also those are hella cool.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

If Runika is hit for 0 thanks to Soak or whatever, does she still lose an artifact?
Also those are hella cool.
Thanks! And yes she does. Same with On Hit effects - the attack just needs to hit, it doesn't care about whether damage was done. It's why a common opener against Runika is "hit with my absolute safest attack, deactivate Autodeflector, ohgodohgod run away from the scary fist lady"

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

*slow clap*

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

The Lymn vs. Lesandra match just ended in Beat 11, with Lesandra the final victor!

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Bonk.

The good news is we might have managed to pull together a weekly or biweekly battleCON group around here, seems like we've got at least 5 people to start off and a space to play + plenty of copies. Hopefully it stays relatively stable, let's see how it goes.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Alright, group went down pretty well. Got 6 games in for today, including a very confused attempt at learning Oriana and a very ill-conceived mirror.

Never play Voco mirrors.

It's awful.

We tested.

Truly awful.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
All I can hear is the Zoidberg ""Woop Woop Woop Woop" noise as the beat counter drags itself to 15.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

A beat where someone did one damage was an eventful beat.

A beat where someone had Monster (the only style that can hit an adjacent Voco) was also pretty eventful. Thanks minimum range.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
:siren:Level 99 have finally recieved Fate and are in the process of shipping out to KS backers.:siren:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

:it's happening:

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I have paid the blood price in preparation of incoming shipments.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Was Magdeline nerfed in war remastered? I don't remember if she always had the 'She can't level up the first beat she has more counters than level' clause.

e: The wiki says she was changed a lot, shows what I know. Still don't remember that clause.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Did Detective Brad Talton ever confirm if they were making tuckboxes?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Was Magdeline nerfed in war remastered? I don't remember if she always had the 'She can't level up the first beat she has more counters than level' clause.

e: The wiki says she was changed a lot, shows what I know. Still don't remember that clause.

@ People in general: This came up yesterday so I just want to confirm, does that only apply to her Level 0 -> 1 transition or does it take effect during each level? We weren't sure and it was kinda confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Andarel posted:

@ People in general: This came up yesterday so I just want to confirm, does that only apply to her Level 0 -> 1 transition or does it take effect during each level? We weren't sure and it was kinda confusing.

Her very first level.