Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
I am ready to run a match if anyone wants to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Gutter Owl posted:

Presently, no. L99 is working on BattleCON online, and plans to launch the kickstarter in the next month or two, once they finish up with War Remastered and Pixel Tactics fulfillment.

Aside: Dire, you still want to run a game, cuz I'm still interested in playing one.

And Acting Power, have you got that newbie fight up and running yet?

I'm still ready, but we need another player. Anyone up for it?

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Dare I get into 2 games? If you can't find anyone else I'll do it. My enthusiasm is still fresh as I've only recently started.

Great! Gutter Owl and Cerepol, PM me your character choices.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Thread is up!

I think this is the first game featuring Jager alone on SA. It'll be interesting to see if he's as strong as predicted, even in the hands of a new player.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Mad Fnorder posted:

Blah Blah more Worlds info:

http://www.level99games.com/catalog/tournament-documents/file/tournament-intro-season-2.html?id=14

Season 2 organized play document is out, including the draftable list.

Noteables: No Fate, no Arec, no Ottavia, no Sagas. A few surprises- Gaspar I definitely didn't expect, nor Cherri.

Match format is Draft 3, you and your opponent ban 1 of each other's set, and then you play a 2 out of 3 with the remaining fighters.

I'm surprised Mikhail is on the list. He seems to be mentioned in the same breath as Ottavia and Arec when people around here talk about powerful characters. On the other hand, Kaitlyn did get banned from tournaments for some reason. I'm not sure why Cherri would be a surprise either.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

OmegaGoo posted:

I stand by my opinion on Kaitlyn. In any given matchup, she either wins, or she loses. There are no even matchups with her.

That makes sense. Either her opponent has enough movement options to beat her keepaway game, or she doesn't, and Kaitlyn won't lose at long range. I guess the real question is how she could be balanced.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Mad Fnorder posted:

Yeah, that's dumb as rocks. Gonna see a lot of Card+Dash pairs all day. Plus Overcharge Priority can be met by Overcharge Priority right back.

This is exactly what happened in my Thessala vs. Welsie game.

On another note Alumis vs. Jager has ended. It was one-sided from the start, but Cerepol held out for 10 beats after being knocked to 8 life in beat 3. Also Alumis is really cool.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

How does Alumis's finisher ever miss, since the shadow always follows the person moving to it? Does the opponent have to literally stand on it when he/she anticipates the finish?

Yep. Standing on your own shadow is actually the best place to be when fighting Alumis, since many of her styles reward her for standing on the shadow.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

I'll take on anyone who wants to fight me.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still waiting for a game if anyone's ready to ref one.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

If you don't mind a super lo fi mod, I can do something I suppose.

I'll wait and see if ActingPower is available first, but yeah, that's fine. Modding is pretty easy, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

I'll sign up for the tournament as well. I have like no experience outside of a few games on SA, but then again my W/L ratio is pretty good so far. Probably going to use some combination of Lesandra, Rexan, and Malandrax.