Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Out of curiosity (because I can't seem to parse the online store), can you get all game components as a paid PnPs? I'm starving for non-Monopoly board games and PnP is kind of my only option thanks to my country's import policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Played Battlecon for the first time today, Shekhtur vs Eligor and it was a loving blast. I was looking at (and I'm also pretty pumped for) BattleCon Online. Something that's interesting to me is that, at least for now, they are using Exceed's art for the bases and they are placing Stun Guard on its own coloured box, but not Soak. I really like how the basic visual design of this game keeps changing. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

I don't know about plans, but I think there's definitely grounds for it if they want.

1. Starting spaces changed.
2. Force gauge over special actions.
3. Errata O6, Arec, Voco, someone else I'm forgetting.

If they didn't have the Fabio art already, I'd say it's ripe.

Wait, they want to change starting spaces again?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Completely forgot about Wanderers! How close are we to a hundred characters again?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Aw, I thought it was already in the 80's. Wanderers is an upcoming Battlecon game with 10 fan-made characters that won some kind of contest and got selected.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, same. It took me a while to understand what hit confirm was though :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The constantly changing rules are certainly an annoyance. I mean I can deal with new editions, I just find lovely that so many characters from previous editions may or may not be screwed by the new rules.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I absolutely love the UI of BattleCon Online, looking pretty good in general. I just don't know why they don't stick with the stat system Exceed used instead of this weird middle ground where they show Stun Guard but not Soak.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So how busted/broken are the old boxes (such as Devastation) with the new rules? I am considering picking it up but due to supply issues I can't get any of the other ones.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

BattleCon is one of those games where every now and then I add up the number of published fighters and then stare in utter disbelief at the sheer quantity of available options.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Not to nitpick but I think having the first text a new player see with a couple typos and missing words isn't exactly good :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Just so I'm not poo poo posting: Won my first game! As Cadenza! Clockwork Shot was the MVP.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Can't wait for the roster to increase to stupid amounts of characters. I'm loving this so much :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

May I suggest adding recommended discards at the beginning of a match? I find that to be kind of a big stumbling block for new players. At least as an option enables by default.

Now that I think about it though, it's kind of matchup dependent, so that may be hard.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Green? Why would I discard Cadenza's Clockwork, what the hell is wrong with you game

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Do you get any coins from fighting people on your friend list? I suppose not.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Andarel posted:

Patch is out!

This makes things a lot more user-friendly, both on the "making an account" side and the "reading what people's cards do".

For example the flip card interface (seeing both sides of Kallistar and Seven's stuff) is back, help screen is back (press the ? button at bottom left), and UAs are massively upgraded.

Oh, neat. Out of curiosity, is there a Spanish translation? I've checked Steam and the client and I haven't seen any options. I may be blind, though :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Andarel posted:

No spanish translation yet. If you're interested in working on it or know someone who's got the skills and wants a contract to do it, reach out to @level99games on the game discord.

Alright. Just did that, thanks!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

The best improvement that BCO made was making Stun Guard a more obvious part of the card layout.

Yup, agreed. Kinda hard to go back after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I recently discovered the TTS module and it's real good. I do hope they eventually add the hidden fighters at least.