Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Anyone going to Gencon should try and play Millenium Blades, and then write about it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Is it available in some form?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/millennium-blades-the-ccg-simulator-board-game/posts/1302176

"Millennium Blades at GenCon

In addition to showing Millennium Blades at our booth and to media guests all throughout GenCon, we have opportunities for backers to play a scheduled, private game with me (D. Brad Talton Jr, the game’s creator) at GenCon! Just come by our booth and see if we have any available slots. I look forward to playing Millennium Blades with you!"

I'm not sure if there was a backer tier with 'Play at Gencon' as a reward or anything, but this sounds like anyone can play it. Provided they're lucky enough to get a space I suppose.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Post about the decks you made and the kind of comboes you did and things. :3:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
If Runika is hit for 0 thanks to Soak or whatever, does she still lose an artifact?
Also those are hella cool.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Was Magdeline nerfed in war remastered? I don't remember if she always had the 'She can't level up the first beat she has more counters than level' clause.

e: The wiki says she was changed a lot, shows what I know. Still don't remember that clause.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Andarel posted:

Alright, thanks. I feel like it could be worded better on the card...

:agreed:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I wanna say his range gets reduced to 1-1 at the ante step, and then becomes 1-2 at Start of Beat. Or whatever his minimum is, of course.

e: I also wanna say he looks really weak in general.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 18, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So after owning Devastation game since Christmas I finally ordered some of those 25 card holders. I was supposed to get 50s too but I guess Amazon donked it?

EDIT: I took an actual picture.

They are the best, I'll probably have to carry two boxes if I get War + Fate though. :(

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 21, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Does anyone have any scans/pictures of the War : Remastered [And maybe fates?] bases. Apparently they were changed.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

stabbington posted:

War remastered vs devastation. Sorry about the picture quality, phone posting is hard.

Thanks! :)

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Mad Fnorder posted:

Help how do I box all this everything

I'm leaning toward the "plastic deckholder now, customize later" idea unless the cardboard tuckboxes are actually cheaper? What size should I use? AND WHY DOES THESSALA NOT FIT ANYTHING.

I only have DoI and I just used these. I've got some 50 count on the way for Endrbryt and Kajia. Cost me about $25 and I bought too many thanks to them being Add-On items. Amazooon.

Can't sleeve them though, I've been told you can use Perfect Fits? Sleeving probably isn't a problem unless you're really anal over the Remastered Cardbacks, which are said to be more orangey-red and the current backs which are a deeper red. Also if I do get DoI and Fate I'd have to carry them in two boxes.
Just keep Thessala's board in the box I guess?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Not sure why the card backs would really matter all that much--you and your opponent always know what's available in each other's hands so it's not like different colored card backs are going to give anything away.

Is it just the aesthetics?

Well, if you use Devastation Bases with a War:Remastered character, then the opponent would know which one of those bases is their unique base.
So if you're playing with someone, and they see that you've set the orangey base of your unique base, and they suddenly decide to change their play, then you're playing with assholes and should probably leave?
It really doesn't matter, if you really really care that much then just hide your set pairs before revealing. It's literally the most pedantic stuff in the world.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Here's a lovely picture of all of Endrbryt fitting into a 25 count.

e: glamour shots why not.

Obviously I don't have Devastation : Extended, so maybe another standup and one extra card would ruin this.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 24, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Tuckboxes look great, yo.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I'd very much like Hikaru, and am more than happy to pay for shipping to the UK.
He was only released at GenCon right?

Also someone transcribe all the new promos already.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 27, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So is the force gauge the cool new sexy tournament way to play?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So will the devastation 'patches' Brad's mentioned, like Guard and Voco/Marmalee overhauls be coming in 'Devastation : Extended : Extended' or what.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I hope if they do make Dev : Remastered it is just a little pile of cards for £20 or something, I can't be re-buying Dev.

S.J. posted:

Where did he mention this, by the way? I don't remember seeing it.

He's mentioned it around the places, no one solid 'I'm going to do this' post, so if it was happening, it's probably not happening soon.

But here's a few sources, I guess.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1433838/it-even-possible-voco-win-against-clive
"Yes, Voco is one of the characters from Devastation that will need to be patched up in order to be a really competitive fighter. "

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1430838/so-what-do-you-guys-think-about-guard
Guard talk, mostly.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20312311#20312311
People vowing to never buy from Level99 again and brad talking just a teeny tiny bit about the future of it.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I'd have to imagine Casette Cases are too small, but they might work out?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Skeleman's styles aren't actually horrible, and his base is actually really good. But his UA is devastatingly bad. Even if he only lost 1 counter on a turn he gets hit, say on Stun instead of on Stun and damage it's still massive amounts of restriction for less than Kallistars Human form level of effect, most beats anyway.
Poor Mr Bones. He looks pretty cool at least.

:skeltal:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Ugh, do any UK Goons know where I can find the 25 count boxes for cheap? The price has apparently skyrocketed from Amazon. It even says' You bought these before' for £15 for 30, including shipping. Now it's like, £30 for 10.
My local gamestore's got War : Remastered apparently, but no Fate yet.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

I thought EU distribution was delayed until after Essen?
:getin: either way, no FATE yet though.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I scanned the new and old card backs because apparently they're different. They are!

Top is devastation, bottom is War : Remastered, the colours are kinda faded because my scanners shite but I think it did the job just fine. I only noticed the blues were different when they were side to side but immediately saw War : Remastered had a orangey-red.

I also scanned the Force-Reference card because I'm excited for new poo poo, okay?

Feel free to tell me if that's filez somehow and I'll drop it.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
millenium blades has a firefly themed set now
that sure is epic and ftw

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
now im sad nerds have $1500 to throw away self inserting themselves into games.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I haven't gotten addresses from AMooseDoesStuff .

Oh err, I thought I totally Gmail'd you? Guess I should just pony up and drop a plat.
Also thanks again.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I joined, my very first internet game.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
@Alien Rope Burn, Evil Hikaru arrived today much to my shock.
Thanks. :3:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I'll take Magdelina, Clinhyde and Iri for the tournament then.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
i lost once to voco. he had 2 life to my 1 on the last beat. :(
granted it was day of the dead voco not regular voco.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Androc, hit me up. Today's my birthday so I'm going to get incredibly drunk and can't play today but any other time's cool.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Do any characters other than Iri not have strikers cards?
Aliens just aren't allowed in 2v2 strikers matches I guess. :(

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Currently 1 - 0 to Androc. Clinhyde lost to Rukyuk on beat 7 after a pulse. 3 - 0 life totals.

e: And possibly the worst game of Magdelina I've ever played. Flawless victory to Rukyuk. 20 - 0. Because I surrendered at the end of beat 5.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 14, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

[Please ignore my gross rear end feet.]

It's not quite tuckboxes, but it only cost me £10 for all of Devastation, and then like, £8 for all of War.
They're all sleeved in Perfect Fits now too. So, only waiting for FATE to come out here. And maybe I'll print out some promos myself. :3:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

PJOmega posted:

AMoose, are those the Ultrapro clear boxes? Or did you find another brand that fits pro-fit?

They are indeed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002TT3KM

Were linked on the first page of the thread, I'm in the UK so I just used Amazon.co.uk and they were named something slightly different I think? For the longest of times, the price was jacked up to like, £10 for 2 on each, but I waited and just bought them when they were barely £0.80 for 2.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Aye, I thought I said in my post they were perfect fits. I just keep two packs of pro fits in the box, Red and Blue. I'd love to make tuckboxes that fit properly sleeved cards but that's a lot of effort.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I'll be about on Sunday, and yeah this is pretty much the first opportunity I'll have to actually play, ahah.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

hooman posted:

I don't know what your timezone is but mine is GMT+8.

And I thought trying to organize with regular GMT was bad enough. Google tells me that's 9AM - 3PM my time, but sadly I'm in classes till 3 today, and 6 tomorrow.
So ah, toss a coin? I don't mind taking the loss.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Gutter Owl posted:

Unplayed games will generally be counted as a double loss, fyi. I'm trying to not give people free wins.

Fine with me! Halloween week was incredibly busy for me, regardless of Hooman's timezone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Mystic Mongol, pretty much any day that's not Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday I can probably do if you give me some notice.