Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Minor typo note, the current roster is 58 tournament legal characters, not 68, unless you've been hiding an extra ten somewhere. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

They come in Armory, I think? I haven't picked it up.

Yeah, they're the new set that comes with Armoury. The wiki has them.

The big issue is that the Burst replacement, Sweep, is straight up the best base on account of every one of them being range 1 and Sweep having "Attacks at range 1 do not hit".

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Wol posted:

I don't suppose Pixel Tactics versions of Lymn and Thessala Three are lurking behind a corner somewhere? I decided to collect all the Pixel Tactics sprites of Battlecon characters into one place for easy use, and those were the only two I couldn't find.

They're in two of the mini sets, I believe.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Wol posted:

You get what you ask for. I choose gun elf Rukyuk.

No, you were right the first time.

Rukyuk's gun kata is serious poo poo. In Willat, folks who aren't magic users are treated as second-class citizens. Rukyuk was good enough to become a government operative in this society (who are usually cybernetic sharpshooters, the T-1000 or the Colour out of Space) and was the handpicked agent of the city's head magister.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

Boris Rumaldi

Has he actually been released yet?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

Not yet. But he's going to be the unlockable character for Fate, like Anath and Evil Hikaru, so packing solutions should probably account for him.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning he was going to be Fate's secret character, I just want him noooooooooooow.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

But no, we have to have this extra wasted card. Which, may I remind you, can sub for a style in your opening discards, what the actual gently caress Brad.

Man, I was looking forward to force gauge purely because I hate feeling like I'm playing poorly when I use my awesome finisher instead of cancel or maybe a pulse, but loving lol.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Another indication backing was a great idea. Congrats GO and Fnorder on your placings.

Any of you lucky Gencon folk get to check out Exceed? Any other exciting news?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Andarel posted:

Millenium Blades does horrible unspeakable things to tables. The only game I have that is comparable in terms of table consumption is probably Imperial Settlers where you take 50% of the deck and just kinda fling it at the player boards to watch it consume all available space. To put it simply, Millenium Blades is 7 sheets of 11x17 paper (5 player mats, 1 aftermarket, 1 normal market), plus elbow room and overflow while deckbuilding, plus a place to put your money and friendship and sell tokens if you don't have them on the map.

How does it compare to Argent? That game takes up a heck of a lot of real estate as well.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
:siren:Level 99 have finally recieved Fate and are in the process of shipping out to KS backers.:siren:

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

"Unlock a brand new online-exclusive character, Riflam Lenshear! Riflam is the chancellor at Argent University..."

Well I guess we now know who canonically "wins" Argent: the Consortium.

Heh, I had the same thought.

Gutter Owl posted:

Also, I'm kinda sad that Null Seven is an online only character? I've been excited about her since her art was leaked, and was kinda hoping she'd end up in Trials or something.

I kind of feel the same, mostly because I'm just looking forward to having all of Divison 13 represented in the game, since they're super rad. Actually, considering Oriax II's art was revealed at the same time as Null 7, I have a feeling he might be down the stretch goal pipeline as well. I suppose there's no reason they couldn't make physical versions of the online fighters, assuming there's demand and they figure out an elegant way of doing it?

And in the "things only I care about" department, alternate art suggest Rukyuk was a member of the Division as well, it's 14th member, before going rogue.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If anybody wants my take on anything, I'd be glad to give it. I just helped a local podcast do a review of War of Indines, which went pretty well, so I'll try to remember to link that if / when it goes up. I also have a pile of BattleCON promos Brad gave me (there was alternate art for Runika's finishers, and Evil Hikaru) to distribute to goons, so I'll be looking to see how best to distribute them. I should have enough of that finisher card for drat near anyone, but I have only about a half-dozen Hikarus.

Edit: Also, ARB, I'll totally grab one of those Evil Hikarus off you if you can spare them. Hit me up on mr dot samedi at hotmail dot com

Saguaro PI fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 17, 2015

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Money given.

Hmmmm, a comment by Brad suggests a couple of characters might not make it onto the online version. He gives Sagas as an example. Any idea why that might be? I think maybe it has something to do with this push of turbo mode as the standard play mode.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
I know I've said this before, but I think Voco's redemption lies in his Day of the Dead alternate costume ability where instead of the whole soak/life loss thing, he:

1) May remove a zombie as an ante to teleport to it.
2) Has +2 power and ignores stun guard when attacking someone standing on a zombie.

It changes him into a risky brawler who transforms the battlefield into an anarchic zombie moshpit, which frankly seems like what he should be.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Hey, folks who have their KS stuff, what can you tell us about the promo characters? What is Bruce Lee's deal?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Should I be concerned if I haven't received a shipping notice for the War Kickstarter yet? Are they sending it in waves? I'm leaving town next Wednesday, and I don't want to come back a week later to 25 lbs of moldy, waterlogged BattleCon on my porch.

I'm in the US if that maters.

They are definitely sending them out in waves, with the larger packages going out after the smaller ones.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Still waiting on a shipping notice. As an Australian backer I know I'll have to wait a week or two, but an update would be nice.

Also, since we're on a new page and it's still been unanswered, anyone willing to give a rundown on the new promos (Lucian, Iskra, Vincent, Eliza, Bruce Lee, etc) and their basic schticks?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
There's a Counter Counter as well.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

ActingPower posted:

Watching the Evil Hikaru match, all of his Styles have names like an angsty teenager wrote them. (Wait, is Hikaru a teenager? That explains that, then. :v:) I think my favorite is Ultimate Chaos Devastator, because wow. :emo:

The quote on one of his finishers is "All I need is one evil punch" :allears:

So it turns out we're going to have to move soon. I really hope this doesn't end up with me losing Battlecon in the Australia Post aether. :(

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
My pledge has nominally shipped, but according to tracking info it's been stuck on the "shipping label created" stage since Tuesday. I'm hoping that this is just a failure to update and it's on its way down here. :ohdear:

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
looks like we'll be getting Null Seven for Battlecon Online. And thus we move one step closer to every member of Division XIII being represented in the game. :awesomelon:

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

DonnyTrump posted:

Does anyone have any idea when Fate might be available? I have a pre-order waiting on it and it's just killing me.

Sometime in early October I think is the plan.

My package is apparently in transit. I assume it'll stop over in LA before making its way to Sydney, so I'm probably looking at sometime next week.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Finally got my package! Only issue so far is that Demitras' character card is missing, which is only slightly inconvenient.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
So, they've released the secret boss character for Fate.

The code is "beholdtheultimateweapon"

But apparently the boss is Xal Ezra?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Go to battleconnection, log in, there will be a link at the bottom of the page saying "redeem code"

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

...Brad, you lying sonuvabitch.

He told me at GTS that Boris Rumaldi was the Fate secret boss. I was all smug about it, too.

Jerk.

EDIT: Wow hello.

It's a bit weird, since on boardgamegeek there was a whole bunch of joking "this fighter will be the most powerful and magnificent fighter ever" stuff from the playtest folks and Boris is the perfect fit for that. While this guy seems interesting, the reveal is slightly anticlimactic?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

In non-tournament news, looks like our buddy Xal Ezra slipped through with a mistake. We might see a revised sheet in the near future.

Man, I was hoping compression disentanglement+dash would be a legal play.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Have any non-US goons received any word on Millennium Blades shipping yet? I just want to get my mitts on those cards.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Got my shipping notification as well.

:australia:

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Gutter Owl posted:

My hot take EXCEED Review:

I have not played EXCEED. I'm not going to play EXCEED. I don't care if playing EXCEED induces me to piss gold and poo poo sapphires.

I am actively pissed off at Brad for hitching his wagon to Jasco's garbage fire IP. I play loving Yomi and I still wouldn't want to be caught playing this game in public. Partly because I expected better from Brad than I do from Sirloin, and son I am so loving disappoint.

And I don't care if the next EXCEED set is based on Indines or Sailor Moon or the collected works of Margaret Atwood, I don't want to stump for this game if it means even the remote possibility of my being associated with the cheese-scented bodypillow-fondlers and their nudie mecha-musume waifu.

Why is it so hard for cardboard nerds to just masturbate in private like normal people.

I want this review in neon lights miles high over every major capital.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
BURGUNDY. MOTHER. loving. XII.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Is it just me or does the screenshot of the character select screen in the latest Battlecon Online update reveal three new characters? Specifically I'm talking about the two portraits next to Joal (first and third, third row) and the guy in between Vanaah and Zaamassal (second portrait, last row).

Also, does anyone have any idea what Null Seven's deal is? I'm interested to see what about her playstyle makes her unsuited to the physical game.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

PubicMice posted:

That's Karin to the right of Kallistar, right? She looks a bit weird.

Yeah, that's her.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Finally got a chance to bust out Trials today, spent pretty much the entire day playing it. Burgundy is all I hoped for. I'm sad they don't appear to have any plans for making custom tuckboxes for the rest of the fighters, because man, I will shell out like hell for those.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Heck yes.

My friend and I managed to have a go at all the Trials characters (excluding Merjoram I guess). As well as Burgundy, who I loved, I enjoyed Wardlaw and Dareios, Hayden was alright. Trias didn't really click for me though. Friend especially enjoyed playing Lucida. We both really liked Dodge and Force Gauge.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

W.T. Fits posted:

From just reading over the UA card, Ottavia's seems... really underwhelming compared to all the other fighters I've seen.

Ottavia's ability is effectively to pick an opponent's combo that might be effective against her and go "this combo sucks now". She's an extreme "No Fun Allowed" character.

W.T. Fits posted:

(Voco especially... having read up on his entry on the Indines wikia, I find the concept of a necromancer who uses death metal to summon a horde of zombies to be kinda hilarious, and it's disappointing to hear that he apparently sucks.)

Just to add to what has been said, Voco's the only character other than Adjenna (whose entire thing is having a non-standard win condition) to not get a single bonus to either power or priority on any of their cards. He combines extremely fiddly minimum ranges with mandatory advances, meaning it's extremely easy to just end up getting too close to your opponent to hit (except they've probably gone first because they're almost certainly faster than you).

Voco has my third favourite concept in the game and yeah, it sucks that he sucks. His holiday costume, Day of the Dead, is actually quite solid. It lets him remove a zombie to teleport to that space as an ante and his attacks have +2 power and ignore soak against opponents standing on a zombie. It's much closer to what I think the intent of his design was and I'm hoping it's the direction they move him towards in the new edition.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Lemon-Lime posted:

On the other hand, by the time Unleashed has run we'll have somewhere around 90 BattleCON characters and that's probably enough for the next couple of years.

I don't know who originally said there should be 108, but there should be 108.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Lemon-Lime posted:

Now back the upcoming Kickstarter to get 80 more guys. :unsmigghh:

I am who this is for, drown me in Battlecon characters.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
I've played most characters which won't change the fact that most people can probably kick my rear end. It doesn't help that I put a bunch of time into trying to be a Voco main.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Mystic Mongol posted:

Ah, what a heartbreaker he is.

LeSquide posted:

Aww sweetie no

I just wanted to play the rock and roll necromancer :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
The massive roster is one of the things I love about the game the most. I wonder, given they said Wanderers would be the last 10-fighter set, whether they'll ever release the characters that didn't make it into Fate or Trials.