Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dead Gay Romans posted:

I've yet to find a pharmacy or doctors office that hasn't had to fire someone for booze/pill related abuse.

Then again, considering the insane hours they work, dealing with pissed off sick people and dead bodies daily, they should be able to throw back whatever they want.Pretty sure the DEA just bumped all the mid-tier painkiller into the same category as heroin like morons though, gonna put a damper on this foolproof cure.

"Hey you know what will fix this problem with all these crazy pill popping addicts? We abruptly make it really hard and risky for doctors to continue prescribing them!"

"loving Brilliant, now let's go seize an entire motel because one guy smoked crack in it once a year ago!"

*Massive spike in heroin abuse and deaths*

"HOW THE gently caress DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?!"

RaGe AgAiNsT tHe MaChInE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

tardwrangler posted:

I like this business plan and will add o2@6l/min.

Also there are few problems opiates can't solve. Just a matter of titrating the dose to the problem.

Remember that Asian nurse who caught Ebola? How she looked pretty good and was giving interviews while she hosed around with her iPad? All due to the Diladad drip.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hm im hungover, better do drugs

hm i have problem, better do drugs

the omnisolution to all of goons problems

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Zzulu posted:

hm im addicted to drugs, better do different kinds of drugs

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Axolotl posted:

Drink 16-32 Oz of water and take some ibuprofen before you go to sleep. I haven't had a hangover in nearly 20 years.

Drinking water before sleep and keeping water by your bedside will help you keep from becoming dehydrated which will mean you won't get a bad hangover the next morning. I wouldn't take ibuprofen with alcohol, though.

I also like mixing tonic water and a sports drink together and drinking it. Also good if you have an upset stomach and can't keep water down.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 11, 2015

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Necros posted:

just skip the drinkinga nd swallow all this pills in your medicine cabinet

welcome to urf

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Zzulu posted:

like a panacea almost the right word tho

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Umm where the hell is the methanol coming from? You'd have to be pretty desperate n dumb to drink wood alcohol

we're talking about addicts here

i met a guy last fall who drinks isopropanol. Its not his drink of choice or anything but when he's broke and hung over and going into withdrawls drinking isopropanol is apparently better than nothing

what a poo poo drug to go full junkie over though lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
dihydromyricetin

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I enjoy a sonic sunrise in the morning as well. Orange juice and sprite is tasty

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
leeches

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I wish you could buy IV poo poo without a prescription.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Maybe you could put Gatorade up your butt

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
...or champagne

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Wait a second. It was my old doctor who told me not to mix alcohol and ibuprofen. Maybe...

...It really was the hangover cure my doctor didn't want me to find out about :aaa:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
but for real the cure to a hangover is a banana bag IV that in and youre good to go

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

op have you considered taking the opiates with your alcohol while you are drinking? ++would do again it's the greatest feeling ever

also then the next day if you are hungover just take more painkillers

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

literally lol if you don't maintain the kind of low-level alcoholism where you can sink 3/4 of a bottle of bourbon on a big night and not really feel the effects due to tolerance. Or just buy one of those big cartons of coconut water on your way to work, you;ll be fine by the time you get there.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Umm where the hell is the methanol coming from? You'd have to be pretty desperate n dumb to drink wood alcohol

Without going into details, a lot spirits contain trace amounts of methanol.
I can't be parsed to find a proper scientific source,just read up on hair of the dog: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

burritolingus posted:

Drinking water before sleep and keeping water by your bedside will help you keep from becoming dehydrated which will mean you won't get a bad hangover the next morning. I wouldn't take ibuprofen with alcohol, though.

The actual danger of significant GI bleeding from ibuprofen and alcohol is minuscule, and pretty much only a concern for those with pre-existing gastric issues. The danger of liver damage from concurrent Tylenol and alcohol consumption is much greater, even in otherwise healthy individuals.

Sure, you could avoid even that tiny chance of harm, but if that's a real concern, then you'd probably be better served by not drinking to such an excess that you later suffer from a hangover. That's pretty much the definition of penny wise but pound foolish.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

I wish you could buy IV poo poo without a prescription.

You can. At least in my county. Go to Wal-Mart.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dave Concepcion posted:

a real good non-opiate cure is iv-rehydration and dexamethasone

This is extremely accurate. They even gave me bus tickets to get home. A hack to avoid paying the $700 ambulance fee is just not pay it.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Weed works. Personally I like hangovers. They keep a man honest and alert.

Also ibuprofen will usually clear up that headache but some times you get the hangover from hell.

Chromis
Feb 4, 2004

Logic is wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad.
Pft, you lot haven't got a bloody clue. You don't want to be loving about with all these pills and potions. The only reliable way to cure a hangover is to stagger half-blind to the nearest greasy spoon café, preferably one with steamed-up windows, no tablecloths and grill that hasn't been cleaned since 1962, and get yourself a proper Full English breakfast. A couple of rashers of thick bacon, two sausages, two fried eggs, baked beans, fried mushrooms, hash browns, fried black pudding, toast or fried bread with butter and a big mug of hot tea with two sugars. A good Full English can raise the dead. And don't talk to me about your loving cholesterol either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Zzulu posted:

To be fair drugs are pretty awesome.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
to defeat hangover eat a whole bottle of robitussin!

*robowalks away*

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Million Ghosts posted:

to defeat hangover eat a whole bottle of robitussin!

*robowalks away*

Robitussin bottles are made of some hard rear end plastic. I'd advise against eating the entire bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Chromis posted:

Pft, you lot haven't got a bloody clue. You don't want to be loving about with all these pills and potions. The only reliable way to cure a hangover is to stagger half-blind to the nearest greasy spoon café, preferably one with steamed-up windows, no tablecloths and grill that hasn't been cleaned since 1962, and get yourself a proper Full English breakfast. A couple of rashers of thick bacon, two sausages, two fried eggs, baked beans, fried mushrooms, hash browns, fried black pudding, toast or fried bread with butter and a big mug of hot tea with two sugars. A good Full English can raise the dead. And don't talk to me about your loving cholesterol either.

mmmmm yes nothing restores the soul like loving beans for breakfast

the english just need to admit they lost to their own colony and just eat indian food forever

• Locked thread