Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
My guess is that the dog will sacrifice itself nobly for the group. It'll raise an alarm and charge at some zombies and die, but the girls would have been completely blindsided if he hadn't, something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The OP has segments for the classmates, Miki's friend, the dog, and Megu-nee, all in rapid succession. The segments for the classmates and the friend were replaced once their fates were revealed, and presumably the same thing will happen for Megu-nee next episode... leaving only the dog.

That dog is gonna die.

Also, if anyone skipped the end credits and the episode preview this week, you should go back and watch them.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Doge was a mistake.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This show is intriguing, and at least is interesting enough to watch because you can tell the people making the show are having a ton of fun with it.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blastron posted:

Also, if anyone skipped the end credits and the episode preview this week, you should go back and watch them.

yeah that was pretty hardcore, but i still hope theres gonna be some kind of happy end, i dont like sad bad endings

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, all caught up with the anime now. I'd spoiled myself on Megu-nee already but the way they did the confirmation was still pretty sad. I wonder after the reveal if she's going to stop appearing to the viewer as well? That ED and preview seemed to suggest they might.

Also I hope Miki makes up with Taromarou eventually. It was funny in the first episode but with context it's just sad.

Also also I quite like that bear with the moustache. Megu-nee had good taste. and I'm sure the zombies thought so too

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McDragon posted:

Well, all caught up with the anime now. I'd spoiled myself on Megu-nee already but the way they did the confirmation was still pretty sad. I wonder after the reveal if she's going to stop appearing to the viewer as well? That ED and preview seemed to suggest they might.

Also I hope Miki makes up with Taromarou eventually. It was funny in the first episode but with context it's just sad.

Also also I quite like that bear with the moustache. Megu-nee had good taste. and I'm sure the zombies thought so too

Megu still shows up in the manga for a while, iirc.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't really pay attention to the preview in this episode when it came out so I watched it just now :(

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Lots of small changes to the OP this episode. A couple expected, but some I wasn't expecting.

This is my favorite one though. I doubled back because I could tell something was different, and when I went back and paused I just :stonklol:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Before I checked what number episode this was, I totally thought this was going to be the last episode when the credits started.
I really liked all the little changes to the OP this week, I've probably paid more attention to this show's OP after the first episode than any other series.

InspectorCarbonara fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 20, 2015

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

*Manga Spoilers* I was hoping they would hint at someone receiving the letter at the end, or even a post credits sequence. Maybe next episode.

Also

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

The pigeon talk at the end was hilarious. "You know the family?!"

Moldy Taxes posted:

Lots of small changes to the OP this episode. A couple expected, but some I wasn't expecting.

This is my favorite one though. I doubled back because I could tell something was different, and when I went back and paused I just :stonklol:

The lingering shot on Megumi's grave made me wince. :smith:

Also, I like how it's gradually going from morning to evening in the opening. It's not often you see a show that puts so much attention into their opening.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

that dog is going to get loving annihilated

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Moldy Taxes posted:

Oh God, there are even more of them now. :stonklol:

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I went in to the show blind while trying to find things to tide me over till the next My Love Story episode.

Holy poo poo...

The first reveal was a complete surprise. I figured something was up because of the way the short haired girl was acting but right at the end... all that blood.
Megu-nee I figured out pretty quick.

Annnnyway, the ending title sequence for episode 7 kind of hosed me with me because it heavily implied they were all dead (laying in odd positions, the white blossoms falling in through a ruined roof, then the cut as the bodies are gone but blood stained mementos of the girls remain) and the whole thing with the balloons flying away seemed like a really fitting end. If the series just stopped right here, I'd be pissed because I want to see more, but it would also be relatively kick rear end.

Anyone know what it says on the ruined chalk board at the end of the ending credits?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

squidflakes posted:

Anyone know what it says on the ruined chalk board at the end of the ending credits?

Graduating together.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Command Ant posted:

Graduating together.

:stonklol:

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Command Ant posted:

Graduating together.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The question I have is who is the one that breaks!?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

All of them :getin:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
None of them. :911:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boogaleeboo posted:

None of them. :911:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's totally going to be the leader girl. Based on her conversation with Miki when she first joins and suggests that playing along with Yuki's delusions isn't the best idea, I could totally see her snapping if/when Yuki stops living in her dream world.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Looking up voice actors.

Kyubey voices the dog.

Blame my wife for finding that out. :dogbutton:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It feels like Yuki is semi-aware of the situation now. The biggest evidence of that is that she stopped "talking" to Megu-nee after she returned to the clubroom. Also, the forced smile before she opened the door.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It's totally going to be the leader girl. Based on her conversation with Miki when she first joins and suggests that playing along with Yuki's delusions isn't the best idea, I could totally see her snapping if/when Yuki stops living in her dream world.

When the girls disappear at the end of that ED, there's a bloody knife on the chair she's sleeping on.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Bad things are about to happen. :ohdear:

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/wUDKZf8.gifv

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well it's not like zombie stories are well known for having anything like upbeat endings. Except maybe Shaun of the Dead....kinda.

:ohdear:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Christ almighty I'm not sure if I can handle this anime having a depressing ending. It would be awesome in a way, though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Artificer posted:

Christ almighty I'm not sure if I can handle this anime having a depressing ending. It would be awesome in a way, though.

It probably wont unless they go for anime original, the manga however......

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
For those of you who think the OP is getting too depressing, here's a happier version.

This is shaping up to be a really great show. It's a shame they've cut out some minor bits, like Yuuri's balloon message, though.

In case anyone's interested, in the manga, she wrote: E139.645 N35.419

e:fixed an error

sandorius fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 23, 2015

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

sandorius posted:

For those of you who think the OP is getting too depressing, here's a happier version.

This is shaping up to be a really great show. It's a shame they've cut out some minor bits, like Yuuri's balloon message, though.

In case anyone's interested, in the manga, she wrote: E139.645 N125.419

This is the best post to grace this thread.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

sandorius posted:

In case anyone's interested, in the manga, she wrote: E139.645 N125.419

But why would she send a finder to a non-existent location? :ohdear: (Latitude can't be higher than 90, the north pole). But regardless, I was actually hoping that they wouldn't describe where they are, because other humans tend to be more dangerous than zombies.

e: jesus, the video is great

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 23, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

This is the best post to grace this thread.

oh god i can't breathe

Anyway, that OP song is catchy as hell, i was humming it to myself all day Friday.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I can't believe this surprised me. :allears:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
0:49 is pretty great.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006