Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah you can totally go Neutral at this point. I don't remember the specifics of how exactly, but you can take a natural side in this decision.

I just checked GameFAQs, and yes, neutral is a thing, as easy as telling both Gotou and Thorman to stuff themselves. (But Thorman will only accept the decision as final after you've dealt with Gotou one way or another, so we can still make any choice.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Section Z posted:

Totally worth it. Thor would have launched the nukes anyway if we didn't fight him. Probably.

Yeah, I don't know the exact quote, but it's something along the lines of 'glad to have you aboard, but we still need to purge Tokyo'.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

It seems weird he went down like such a punk.

As the OP mentioned, charm is stupid broken in this game. Hopefully he'll minimize its use in future boss battles, at least so we can see what they're capable of.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

So did the nuke kill everyone and send them to the afterlife, and then they can come back? And also destroyed the world in a nuclear war? Jesus christ Thor, you might've gone a bit overboard.

'Kill 'em all and let God sort it out' is a bit more literal in this case than usual.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

...wait, what happened to the update halfway through?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I seem to recall an earlier LP of SMT ending prematurely because the Aeon Genesis translation was buggy enough to lock off one of the endings, which the LPer only discovered after being locked into that path. Hopefully that's one of the bugs the new one fixed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I take it we still haven't passed the point of no return on giving Yuka the Soul Incense. Am I correct in suspecting that killing the folks keeping everyone alive is that point?

• Locked thread