Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Light demons are snooty upper class-types who are completely sure of their own righteousness.

Dark demons are brutish thugs at worst and The Godfather at best.

Both are generally prideful.

Everyone else is Neutral.

Its not so much a moral alignment as much as it is an attitude alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I forget precisely how it goes, but I think he drops the forcefield either because he was powering it, or as a final gently caress you for killing him. Pretty sure it's the latter, but it's been so long, so don't quote me.

He has nothing to do with the forcefield. The guys powering it are very firmly on the Neutral side of the Law vs Chaos debate, though I may be mistaking them with the other guy associated with them.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 18, 2015

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Glazius posted:

Yeah, what the hell happened to that forcefield, anyway? You'd think Gotoh would notice it going down.

Its still up, its just not made to stop nukes. For reference, its exactly as powerful as Gotoh was hyping it up to be. When its turned off in the endgame, everyone in Japan but a handful of people are instantly killed when God takes the opportunity to cause a second Great Flood. The forcefield is the only reason why God just didn't kill everyone with that poo poo right off the bat.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

CmdrKing posted:

I'd guess they're basically going for Mutually Assured Destruction playing out, except USUALLY that only works if the country being targeted has nukes. To my knowledge Japan does not. Unless SMT Japan does. Actually it probably does.

If it doesn't, I guess the Chinese took exception to a nuke going off so close to them and fired back despite not really liking Japan or something? Not terribly well thought out there.

Well considering how powerful the Law and Chaos factions are, I reckon they have something to do with it. Chaos-controlled states retaliated against Law-controlled states etc etc

• Locked thread