Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Junpei Hyde posted:

For an early 90s JRPG this game comes across like it holds up surprisingly well so far.

I still have a soft spot for SMT1. It's a weird game with a lot of humps, but it genuinely had a ton of fresh ideas at the time and the plot's actually pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My favorite alignment is Gun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Inriri posted:

It gets even worse when you get equipment that are gender and alignment-specific, but I think that's only in the sequel.

It is not, no. It comes up here, too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Basically, Dark and Light tend to already be employed.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Moltrey posted:

I actually have no idea what happens if you DON'T fuse Pascal. I assume the same thing, he jumps into the terminal ahead of you, but I 'unno! Pascal's totally fine with being fused with a demon because he's a Good Dog.

This is what happens. I did this once. Pascal still tries to take out whatever it is he sees in the void between worlds.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Glazius posted:

He can forgive everything she's done, but he can't forgive that she was ever opposed to him.

Wow. That is some impressively hosed-up poo poo.

I mean he's an ultranationalist military commander who seized control of the Japanese government to summon armies of demons to Tokyo. Absolutely nothing about that says the guy is a sane or good man.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gotou is a batshit insane man. Completely and totally.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Seyser Koze posted:

Neutral for maximum boss killing.

Also because if tons of people are going to die either way I'm going to make sure I'm the one ruling over the ashes.

Also also because Yukio Mishima's death was one of the most embarrassing things in the history of Japan and we're not associating with him.

Ah, right, that guy. I knew that Gotou and the imagery of the Suicide Squad reminded me of a specific nutjob from Japanese history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At the same time, I imagine if you side with Gotoh, you kick Thor's rear end only to find the the ANCIENT GODS' forcefield is absolutely poo poo at stopping American nuclear missiles.

• Locked thread