Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Yuriko's design is stylish as hell, I love it. Also that loving watch

Also Yuko's low stats are probably either because you're overleveled, or because it's a bug, or because the MAG's too high. Either way, I had her stats in order when I found her, but I did it at a lower level and in another version. Yeah, I'm also one of those people who tends to watch that sort of thing very carefully

Speaking of which, I hope you're using the fixed version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its just..
Well its really super obvious who Yuriko is nj the character art.

Reaaaaaaaly obvious.

I can't really confirm this, but I believe that this particular art was released way after the game. Her original concept art was way different. I think you can somewhat safely assume that this design was established around Nocturne's release

Also if you think that this character isn't fucky in some way from scene one, you're not really playing the game

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Glazius posted:

He can forgive everything she's done, but he can't forgive that she was ever opposed to him.

Wow. That is some impressively hosed-up poo poo.

No, he's forgiven her for everything she's done, but Yuriko still sentences her to death for her own reasons. Gotou has little to do with this

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Between a guy who hires punks to kidnap civilians and summons demons and the guy who wants to nuke millions innocent people, decision is pretty natural
None of them

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

I am interested in how some people are saying that we might be okay in a demon-infested world. That's an unusual argument.

I'm interested in how you're okay with nuking millions because of your prejudices against another races

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

Nuke millions or let billions get eaten by demons. It's not a pleasant choice either way.

As for prejudice... you know what? Yes. I am prejudiced against hostile alien entities that eat people on the slightest, or even no, provocation. I am also someone opposed to demons from hell. I guess I'm just bigoted that way.

They're not inherently hostile
Also hell doesn't exist, only Expanse which is just a parallel world where demons dwell
And existance of demon summoning program proves that co-existance is possible with time
Bigotry doesn't justify genocide

Tallgeese posted:

Being Neutral/Chaotic is a choice and the wrong one at that. :colbert:

Oh please. The only reason you like Law is because you want to be eternally happy with no effort on your part

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

Ah, so your idea of co-existence is only possible with the threat of subjugation within a magitech computer, along with stuffing them into tubes and combining them into forms you like if what they are now doesn't suit you.

And you say "we're" the prejudiced ones?

(Seriously though, this is a weird, weird angle you're taking.)

Also, Hell is a specific part of the Expanse.

It's semi-Buddhist in nature. You get out through reincarnation, but that's part of the punishment. If you've been sent there you'll probably go right back soon enough.

Good job putting words into my mouth, I guess
Also apparently you don't know what you're talking about, so I'll explain: to get demons to go into your computer, they have to agree to go there on their own accord. Only Raidou stuffs them by force, and he's using outdated technology
Demon Summoning Programm allows communication between humans and demons, so unprovoked agression wouldn't happen like it did when Steven first met a demon.

By hell I mean the specific plane dedicated to make sinners suffer, but so far the only place that fits the bill is God's domain. In Expanse/Makai/Abyss, peaceful existance is possible, as evident in SMTII

Space Bat posted:

You can't negotiate with dark or light demons though, who are always inherently hostile. What's with the racist angle? This is weird.

This thread is the first time I heard about inability to contact Light demons. Is it a bug maybe? I mean, Light demons are supposed to be good, while Dark - evil, so it's weird that you can't speak to them. Also a lot of guides only list Dark as unavailable for negotiations
Maybe it's a coincedence and OP is of incompatible alignment with Light demons that he tried to talk to

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Leavemywife posted:

No, because it involves you posting more.

On another point, Steven invented the Demon Summoning Program, right? And he has all of these upgrades to it and what-not; do we ever find out what sort of demons he has rocking around in his computer? Or if he's ever captured one?

Nah, but he's a wheelchair-bound guy who manages to get around pretty well, so I imagine he has some demons as body-guards

Either that, or his teleportation tech is insane

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Victis posted:

Haha jesus christ this dork.

Demons are distilled objectivism, unless you're the most special snowflake in fantasy world (you're not), they're just going to kill you or enslave you. That's the whole point of demons/Chaos path.

Sounds like a cool deal, should probably not nuke them.

Oh wow, this is your first exposure to SMT isn't it?
If you like JRPGs you should play some games from the franchise, they're pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Also weirdly enough, Thor isn't resistant to electricity in any way shape or form, so you can stunlock him with Mazio, which you always have thanks to Yuka
Which is why AGI is kidna important for her since it lets her go before the bosses

• Locked thread