Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/missouri-court-reform/index.html

quote:

Missouri cities can no longer treat their citizens like ATMs, a lawmaker said Thursday as the state's governor signed a bill capping how much money local governments can collect from traffic tickets and fines.

This needs to be applied to every state. Next change needs to be how cops can take money from you if they think you are carrying too much. Why? Because you never get it back.

Law enforcement is suppose to exist to enforce law, not think of a million ways to take the tax payers money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Kansas still treats their citizens like rear end To Mouths though

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cops should have go give money TO the citizens imo

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Crime is the lowest its ever been, the murder rate is the lowest its been since the 1950s and dropping year over year yet we have more cops than ever. They spend most their days giving out fees and fines instead of stopping violent crime. We are using tax payer money (their salaries) to extract more of our money, what the gently caress is wrong with us?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

imo the police, are bad

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Parallax Scroll posted:

cops should have go give money TO the citizens imo

Hell yeah :twisted:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Melmac posted:

Kansas still treats their citizens like rear end To Mouths though

I'm gonna treat all of Missouri's citizens to some hot ATM action.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Crime is the lowest its ever been, the murder rate is the lowest its been since the 1950s and dropping year over year yet we have more cops than ever. They spend most their days giving out fees and fines instead of stopping violent crime. We are using tax payer money (their salaries) to extract more of our money, what the gently caress is wrong with us?

There's more black people in prison for drug possession/use than there are for rape, armed robbery, and murder combined.

gotta stop those drugs

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
First the confederate flag and now we can't beat money out of black people? This country is going down the toilet quicker than I thought.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
In the future if the cop pulls you over you at least get a handjob before you leave.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Prorat posted:

maybe there are fewer murders because there are more cops, i mean i don't think that's true but it's pretty weird to not even acknowledge the possibility!!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Prorat posted:

Crime is the lowest its ever been, the murder rate is the lowest its been since the 1950s and dropping year over year yet we have more cops than ever.

IDK maybe the two are related?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
this is good but it should NOT deter you from killing cops

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

In the future if the cop pulls you over you at least get a handjob before you leave.

But they'll still skimp on lube for black guys.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Prorat posted:

Crime is the lowest its ever been, the murder rate is the lowest its been since the 1950s and dropping year over year yet we have more cops than ever.

lmao that's really loving close to the argument used to gut the VRA

police malfeasance bad; your argument worse

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
amount of people catching terminal diseases lowest its ever been, yet we have more vaccines than ever??

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
so if I reach the maximum amount I can get fined for the year, do I just get to break all traffic laws and not have to pay any more fines?

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Nefarious posted:

this is good but it should NOT deter you from killing cops

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
yep, only one variable in the crime rate equation, and it's cops.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

so if I reach the maximum amount I can get fined for the year, do I just get to break all traffic laws and not have to pay any more fines?

You think you may have found a loophole, but may I remind you of JAIL?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Kill all white people problem solved.

E: kill all black people too, just to be safe.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Dr Strangepants posted:

You think you may have found a loophole, but may I remind you of JAIL?

They wouldn't put you in jail because that costs the state money. It ain't cheap to house people in privately owned prisons yo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Prorat posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/missouri-court-reform/index.html

This needs to be applied to every state. Next change needs to be how cops can take money from you if they think you are carrying too much. Why? Because you never get it back.

Law enforcement is suppose to exist to enforce law, not think of a million ways to take the tax payers money.

actually they should have passed a progressive law based on income for tickets so a rich guy has to pay 50,000 dollar speeding tickets if he makes a shitton of money and 5 dollars for a guy making minimum wage

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Top City Homo posted:

actually they should have passed a progressive law based on income for tickets so a rich guy has to pay 50,000 dollar speeding tickets if he makes a shitton of money and 5 dollars for a guy making minimum wage

by this logic I could kill you and blame your shitposts and end up with profit

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Flo Cytometer posted:

by this logic I could kill you and blame your shitposts and end up with profit

you will never obtain my level of shitposting

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i just had one of those before bed piss breaks. you know, the ones that happen right after your last desperate JO sesh but before you collapse into the one spot in your bed that isnt covered in plaid shirts that are literally vulcanized with jizz.

it felt p good but now i am filled with regret. pm me for those dirty deets.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Top City Homo posted:

KKKommunism :bahgawd:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How about not allowing every housing development to be its own municipality.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

How about not allowing every housing development to be its own municipality.

i don't know what a good portion of these words mean

and i vote

:agesilaus:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
stop civil forfeiture, double fines imho

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Imo i think literally the only reason that the crime rates dropped dramatically in the late 90's-early 00's is the thousands of cops all the major cities put on the streets. That and all the asset forfeiture laws that benefitted the police departments. Its not like theres been any kind of sea change of culture or anything, people are just as leaderless and disempowered on the street as they've ever been. As those budgets drop, watch the roving gangs of hooligans start back up again. I told a boston cop on roving-hooligan-watching-duty this and he didn't seem to disagree with me. They kill all the civil rights leaders and this is what happens, they have to resort to guns to keep the status quo. IMO

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

The Goatfather posted:

imo the police, are bad

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
police is one letter and a space away from poo lice; makes you think.

but imo the police are good

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
idea: figure out whatever secret every other country has for fighting crime without having literally millions of it's citizens incarcerated at a time

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Top City Homo posted:

you will never obtain my level of shitposting

i have a day job :sigh:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tautologicus posted:

Imo i think literally the only reason that the crime rates dropped dramatically in the late 90's-early 00's is the thousands of cops all the major cities put on the streets. That and all the asset forfeiture laws that benefitted the police departments. Its not like theres been any kind of sea change of culture or anything, people are just as leaderless and disempowered on the street as they've ever been. As those budgets drop, watch the roving gangs of hooligans start back up again. I told a boston cop on roving-hooligan-watching-duty this and he didn't seem to disagree with me. They kill all the civil rights leaders and this is what happens, they have to resort to guns to keep the status quo. IMO
now cops have the monopoly on hate crimes, does that sound right to you?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

idea: figure out whatever secret every other country has for fighting crime without having literally millions of it's citizens incarcerated at a time

Brazil just kills em in the streets, China too for the most part. Europes tired of fighting for now, they had a 2000 year stretch or so, taking a 50 year reprieve. What place in the world is rich, dynamic and crime free again?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Kill all white people problem solved.

E: kill all black people too, just to be safe.

how about we just kill all humans to make absolutely sure

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
being a part of the police is a profession, a profession is a tool, a tool is only good if used in the right place *uses a wrench to remove all the bolts from your engine, holds them for ransom*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tautologicus posted:

Brazil just kills em in the streets, China too for the most part. Europes tired of fighting for now, they had a 2000 year stretch or so, taking a 50 year reprieve. What place in the world is rich, dynamic and crime free again?

Norway

• Locked thread