Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
USA vs. Mexico sounds halfway decent. Mexico has a surprisingly robust amateur football culture.

EDIT: Those goddamn crowds

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The first play for USA vs. Mexico that they show is a 50+ yard return that ends on the returner tripping over his own feet when he tries to switch carrying hands and getting a Bulldog

this loving rules

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

I mean you would think that international teams would at least be good at kicking but everything is a squib

Mexico unsurprisingly is really good at it

EDIT: Wobbly bullet pass into double coverage for an INT. This is like that Breaking Madden when he sets everything to 1

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 10, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love how turnover insane USA vs. Mexico is.

It's not even the defense being good. Its the offense being amazingly awful.

A WR tricked his own QB into throwing into coverage.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How dare they only do this once every four years

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am still amazed a four-year showdown of teams from around the globe can barely fit 25% of Canton, Ohio's stadium when the USA is playing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sitting here with my Ipad watching some bad loving football

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oil! posted:

They really need to stop showing the wide pan out of the entire stadium. D3 football games are more well attended and better played.

Its amazing to me because even if everyone's parents came the crowd would be bigger

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You know how America always underwhelms at Soccer in the WC because all of our best athletes play other sports?

This is the inverse.

EDIT: Wow the French QB is... diplomatically speaking... not very good

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The single worst long snap in the history of the sport

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

2 point conversion while up 43 points lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh my god the Australian team paid 7000 dollars out of pocket each to come

This stopped being funny and is now tragic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BTW if you missed the Halftime interview with the head of the French national team it was hilariously embarassing.

"Is football growing in popularity in France?"

"no"

"Are there are schools that have football teams?"

"no"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Zurreco posted:

Did he come of as being sad about that fact, or just tired of the concept?

He looked profoundly indifferent

So, you know, French

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ahahahaha an Australian Special Teams member got mvp

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NC-17 posted:

What is the point behind this league? How long do these guys practice together for?

This isn't a league. It's the international American football federation. Literally the FIFA of American football.

The purpose of this tournament is to legitimize football as an international sport which makes it so much funnier

The Australian team is apparently made up of guys who never played the sport and bought their own plane tickets. That is not a joke.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Apparently they only let the Americans play once they agreed to use players who have never been in contact with a professional team ever. Meaning an UDFA who was cut from the practice squad before the first preseason game is too talented to play.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I hope at some point we go dream team and let Ocho and TO go out there

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love how some of these stats speak to the incompetence of the other team more than their own talent

"That is the second time this tournament he has recovered a fumble on the first drive of the opponent's team"

Also, this run defense held their opponents a net -6 yards in the last game

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 13, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

They should make the third Manning brother play

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

These announcers are pronouncing the Japanese players' names with all the elegance of a toddler reading from a chemistry textbook

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ahahahaha the president of the Japanese National Football Team

"I don't really understand all the rules of the game"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am still amazed that the national team of America playing the national sport of America IN America cannot get 20% of the stadium in Canton filled.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man if Japan could finish in the red zone this would be a game

Edit: holy poo poo that trick play for the TD

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 13, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Reminder that Japan is 2x World Champions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raku posted:

ugh that's a tear

At least it's not career threatening

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ahaha

"Japan is down 36 to 10 with 3 minutes to go, but they do have 2 timeouts!"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

We are going to go this entire tournament without a single competitive game huh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pigdog posted:

Oh hey, it's GAME DAY again. Anybody got a link to a stream? :)

ESPN3?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot imagine how bad Brazil must have been for Australia to beat them

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

I'm trying to figure out how you could make this more fair for the non USA teams... Like only allow the US to recruit players that are 35 years old or older, having never played professionally.

The US would still probably dominate...

let old retired NFL players who think they can still go become dual citizens

Ocho would become Mexican so fast

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

God drat France.

I just did a literal spittake at the score

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roope Noronen

That is a hell of a name

EDIT: Ahahaha they were kicked out of their original venue and had to desperately reschedule for Canton

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 16, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

To be fair if they wanted to be taken seriously as comparable to FIFA this is a good first step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah realistically the actual IFAF is the NFL

• Locked thread