Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Jostiband posted:

I'm really glad that the prophesied era of workplace moe shows from the turning girls thread has finally arrived.

It was actually Psycho-Pass that started it but nobody will admit that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Davincie posted:

the k-on sequel is finally here...

Holy poo poo is that fried chicken

better watch this weeks ep!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

There's only one person who loves fried chicken and beer more than Wakako...

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Wakoko and the director love fried chicken differently.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Diversity is beautiful

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Be careful Wakoko-San, fried chicken may have a lot of calories, but don't forget! A gram of alcohol has 7kcals... Nearly as much as a gram of fat! Please be sure to eat and drink in moderation and in combination with an active lifestyle, everynyan.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like watching this woman enjoy her food and drink.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I like watching this woman enjoy her food and drink.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I really shouldn't have eaten before watching the latest episode because now I am really hungry for fried chicken and beer.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That guy at the office is a fucker.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wakako should ask out the cute guy who make the chicken.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I've got some chicken thighs in the ol' freezer, I should thaw them out and make my own karaage.
I wonder if they left out the preferred breading method for the sake of time - I learned to use potato starch, myself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Potato/Corn starch is good, either or. Some people add flour to add extra crispness!

Here are some Youtube videos with karaage recipes if goons wanna try it out. It's literally the easiest fried chicken you can make and great for lunch. And of course, with beer.

Cooking With Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEX_rCVTPKE

runnyrunny999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI9sBl80OqU

honeykki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGFIgCCzzw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Presumably the beer they're also talking about is a standard (light?) draft with a low ABV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im having a small drink after dinner and Im going to livepost my viewing of the latest Wakako-Zake ep.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OP started/

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

Potato/Corn starch is good, either or. Some people add flour to add extra crispness!

Flour actually makes it a bit more chewy due to the gluten, but this is a good thing imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's is goin to drink beer and eat deep fried chicken.

Edit: she drank the beer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shes drinking again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's over. Thanks for reading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Forgot to mention that she also ate fried chicken during this episode.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's over. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for the livepost report!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do japanese people really fry their chicken in sake? Idk about that, man...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
"Umami" and the books that've been written about it are the biggest pieces of bullshit ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ka0 posted:

"Umami" and the books that've been written about it are the biggest pieces of bullshit ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjwvJ9E7nIQ&t=21s

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

In Training posted:

Do japanese people really fry their chicken in sake? Idk about that, man...

It's part of the marinade to tenderize it before frying.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

.jpg posted:

Flour actually makes it a bit more chewy due to the gluten, but this is a good thing imo

The very first time I tried to make it, I had 2 crucial ingredients wrong: breast instead of thigh, and I had to resort to stock chicken breader instead of potato starch (I scoured multiple supermarkets, including Asian groceries, and the closest I could find was sweet potato starch until I went to Whole Foods). I was told that it was kind of like a slightly different-tasting Chick-fil-a nugget kind of thing, but that didn't sit right.

I might try corn starch for a few pieces in order to see how that contrasts against the potato starch.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

oohmami this is good :grin:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

graybook posted:

The very first time I tried to make it, I had 2 crucial ingredients wrong: breast instead of thigh, and I had to resort to stock chicken breader instead of potato starch (I scoured multiple supermarkets, including Asian groceries, and the closest I could find was sweet potato starch until I went to Whole Foods). I was told that it was kind of like a slightly different-tasting Chick-fil-a nugget kind of thing, but that didn't sit right.

I might try corn starch for a few pieces in order to see how that contrasts against the potato starch.

Corn starch makes it a bit crispier, sort of like a tortilla chip, potato starch gives a flakier texture. Thigh meat is much better for it, much better flavor.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Corn starch makes it a bit crispier, sort of like a tortilla chip, potato starch gives a flakier texture. Thigh meat is much better for it, much better flavor.

It's all about the fat.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Compendium posted:

Here are some Youtube videos with karaage recipes if goons wanna try it out. It's literally the easiest fried chicken you can make and great for lunch. And of course, with beer.

Cooking With Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEX_rCVTPKE

runnyrunny999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI9sBl80OqU

honeykki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGFIgCCzzw

I learned how to make karaage from Hidamari Sketch.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I suppose the 3D world would be too much for ADTRW

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

This Cooking With Dog lady does a two-step frying process that I'm totally going to be using from now on.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ka0 posted:

you're bullshit

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao what is this, there's some anti-umami counterpush going on by the same whiny bitchlords who have been freaking out over msg over the last 40 years

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

it sounds really awkward when tv chefs go out of their way to mention it, as if nobody had encountered meaty tastes before

I could be wrong but I thought Ajinomoto funded the majority of literature behind it, which is kind of bullshit

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
like the umami label is probably overused for too many foods, but the glutamate receptors are a real thing, and "chinese restaurant syndrome" and msg allergies are psychosomatic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ooooohh mommy that's good :D

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I hate when short anime like this have openings because it amounts to like more than 25% of the total runtime

That being said

If I knew where to get some decent fried chicken at 7AM on a Monday morning right now, I'd do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is a fried chicken place with walking distance of where I live and it's very dangerous to have so close...delicious stuff though, and when you get chicken to go they fill the brown bag with corn fritters just for kicks.

• Locked thread