Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is also a fried chicken place here, its called kfc and people dont go there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The place near me is a Local Independently Owned Family Restaurant with only Two Locations :grin: :smug:

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

jfc....

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

.jpg posted:

jfc....

Yeah, that's what Karaage is pretty much.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

that's good eating.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

whats wrong with her face

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Namtab posted:

whats wrong with her face

Nothing, it's perfect

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I'm sorry Wakako, I couldn't do it, I couldn't

I had to have the rice, it doesn't feel right otherwise. don't leave.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
With other 2d wives you could get away with a cake from a box or delivery pizza, but Wakako demands more.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

It was the first time I made salted salmon and it was really good. I usually find sake ok at best, but eating the salty crispy skin and then drinking the sake made it taste great. I've learned so much from 2 minutes of anime.

It's stupid easy to make too http://www.justonecookbook.com/how-to-cook-salmon-salted-salmon/
Though the instructions to bake it for 20@400f was enough to murder the flesh so I'm going to grill or broil the remaining fillets I have left.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

It was the first time I made salted salmon and it was really good. I usually find sake ok at best, but eating the salty crispy skin and then drinking the sake made it taste great. I've learned so much from 2 minutes of anime.

It's stupid easy to make too http://www.justonecookbook.com/how-to-cook-salmon-salted-salmon/
Though the instructions to bake it for 20@400f was enough to murder the flesh so I'm going to grill or broil the remaining fillets I have left.

I'm going to do this on Wednesday.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

.jpg posted:

What brand of sake did you have? Only have one experience with sake and it was a bad one. Planning on reenacting Wakako-zake on my weekends.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Whatever this one was it was a gift from someone who went to Japan. She said it was a good one but I don't drink it frequently enough to make a decent comparison.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Made karaage tonight, pics when I'm back at my computer

edit: pics:

Hey there gorgeous

Let's get some lemon juice on them morsels mmmmmmmmm

graybook fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 14, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Holy poo poo, I need to make karaage stat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's all cook everything they make in Wakako-Zake like those people who try to cook all of the meals in Hannibal sans Human meat

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I actually looked at the salmon when I was at the store earlier, but it was all without skin. :(

e: but I will make karaage later :peanut:

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 15, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My sake and salt soaked salmon is in the fridge and will be ready for tomorrow's dinner.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So how long until this gets moved to GWS

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What's some good sake you can buy at a normal store or amazon here in the west.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

I don't know poo poo about sake sadly. There is a liquor store near me that sells 3 brands of normal sake and then a bunch of fruit flavored sakes, so I bought the most expensive bottle of the 3 normal brands, which was still super cheap. So id like to know this as well.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

soju :twisted:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

I saw a korean movie at a film festival recently where everyone drank soju all the time, so you are not owning me right now, as I intend to try soju at some point too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

everybody drinking soju all the time is like 90% of korean media

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

In Europe there is one called Choya which is pretty widely available and I think is an okay entry-level wine when warmed up, though my friend who drinks sake frequently says Choya is oily trash

If you want to shoot for the premium stuff, the key phrase is junmai daijingo. I don't drink it a lot and the differences are so subtle they get lost on me tbh. Best bet is to go to a Japanese restaurant and try a few cups to see if you like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The salmon is in the oven and the pieces of tiny so I'm probably going to overcook it :cheers:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Why not take it out early? (unless that means you're overcooking it because you're busy drinking beer)

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Jostiband posted:

Why not take it out early? (unless that means you're overcooking it because you're busy drinking beer)

It has to be in long enough to get crispy skin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jostiband posted:

I am taking it out early, but also the pieces are different sizes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i did the salmon making to but i forgot to take pictures sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i did the salmon making to but i forgot to take pictures sorry

How was it, also did you have rice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ilu wakako

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Blasphemy! Rice, no chopsticks and no square wooden cup? :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Blasphemy! Rice, no chopsticks and no square wooden cup? :mad:

She'll never love me back, but I must do what I can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after I finish eating all this fish in a week I will make the fried chicken next, and Wakako's food will likely feed me for the length of its run.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Psheew!

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I just made Karaage, and it was real good, just like this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I can't eat like Wakako (vegetarian), but I made miso soup, daikon/carrot/broccoli stem kinpira, and the sesame green bean thing from this post for dinner. It was good and tasty.

• Locked thread