Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Which one do you like best? I know, I know, they're such different films in their tone and pacing but I feel that they should always be approached as a pair.

I think Predator is a better film on all technical fronts, but man there is some indefinable magic to Commando. That's the one for me.

opus111 fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
opus 111 . . . . you son of a BITCH!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

'...you expect me to SMELL them?!'

'I did.'

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Commando

it's epic

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the presidio

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Predator my favorite actor is apollo creed

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
First Predator film was pretty much the pinnacle of American action films, rarely equaled, never surpassed

e: it's also pretty much the last film ever to have a protagonist character say human being and have that be OK

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Predator is excellent, a taut, brilliant example of an action thriller to an almost scientific degree of precision. But it is not Commando. Nothing else is Commando. Its magnificence transcends all human endeavour.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Predator would have been better if they had gone the Thing route and left out the chick.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

First Predator film was pretty much the pinnacle of American action films, rarely equaled, never surpassed

e: it's also pretty much the last film ever to have a protagonist character say human being and have that be OK
Coincidence? I think not

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Commando has the awesome steel drum laden opening theme, but less Bill Duke than Predator. So it's a tossup.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Commando is the pinnacle of human art, a work unequaled in all the millennia of human civilization and never to be matched.

Predator's really good too though

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

dame la arma!

DAME AL ARMA!

GIMME DE WEAPOUN!!!!

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

predator,

i like when he breaks the door down on the guy on the toilet who is just deucing and reading a paper and sardonically says "KNOCK KNOCK lol" before he blasts his poopy rear end with a shotty right out the back of the shitter lmbo poor guy

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Commando has more good Arnold one liners but Predator is the better overall movie and has the guy whose only lines are jokes about large vaginas.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
buncha slack-jawed faggots in here

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19R2fDXCzcM

hth

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
honestly though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tdSQaqc9vA

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijy8fpdI5c

bunch of slackjawed faggots itt

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
do both -- be a predator who goes commando :twisted:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Sentinel Red posted:

Predator is excellent, a taut, brilliant example of an action thriller to an almost scientific degree of precision. But it is not Commando. Nothing else is Commando. Its magnificence transcends all human endeavour.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
LET OFF SOME STEAM BENNETT

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was Commando the one w/ Alyssa Milano? I had a crush on her when I saw that when I was a kid.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

"Remember, Sully, when I told you I'd kill you last? I lied." :hellyeah:

"Please don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired," still makes me laugh every time too.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
The Nashville Sexual Predators are a terrible team

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Tough one, my gut says Predator though. That intro helicopter scene with the music is probably the pinnacle of human cinema IMO

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Commando has more good Arnold one liners but Predator is the better overall movie and has the guy whose only lines are jokes about large vaginas.

Thats the writer, iirc.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Predator is the far superior movie (you took the six of us, and dropped us in the meat-grindah!")

...but Commando has more and better Arnold quips.

I can't choose, it's like choosing between my testicles (my left one is the funny one).

drat, Alfred.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Commando teaches more useful life lessons such as how chain mail can not stop a thrown steam pipe.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
Command has 175% more homoerotic content, so it wins.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Australian Freddie Mercury impersonator ftw.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

opus111 posted:

Thats the writer, iirc.

Actually, he was an uncredited script doctor on Predator. He actually got the role as a favor from producer Joel Silver because he wanted to see how John McTiernan directed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Predator is a legit actual good movie while Commando is a good cheesy movie.

Im gonna watch Predator again tonight, thanks OP.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm very familiar with Predator, less so with Commando. About to watch the latter again, will render my verdict after

Ed: ^movie buddies!!

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I agree BUT commando has that guy with the weird tie who says "this is a GREAT place to hunt some SLASH"

he means vagina it owns

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
You're ghostin us motherfucker. I don't who you are back in the world

Give our position away one more time, I'll bleed you

Real quiet

Leave ya here. Got that?

Bishop fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 13, 2015

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
And billy throwing his guns into a ravine, stripping his shirt off, pulling out a fuckoff huge knife, cutting himself across the chest, and facing the predator 1v1 mostly offscreen. Badass as hell

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bishop posted:

And billy throwing his guns into a ravine, stripping his shirt off, pulling out a fuckoff huge knife, cutting himself across the chest, and facing the predator 1v1 mostly offscreen. Badass as hell

The actor had his own bouncer during production, the bouncer's job was to drag him off when he got into bar fights with the locals.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."

I have watched this like 20 times in a row now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RennZero posted:

I have watched this like 20 times in a row now

i like how the motel fight scene had the classic 80s action movie tits from nowhere surprise.

• Locked thread