Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
how are they received? a lot of folks could wow the with their technology and knowledge, but i think they would basically view you as a retard cause you can't tell the difference between archbishop ambrose and emperor constantine or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
They would die of food poisoning.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
get cholera and then die, probably

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Fredrik1 posted:

They would die of food poisoning.

not even from good food neither, like do you know what imperial romans ate? hope you like fish sauce dude

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
wasn't that fish sauce supposed to be super salty or something? flavored potato chips are too salty for me

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You want to be in Constantinople in 400, not Rome. Say you're from a very distant land and you'd like to tell the emperor about a lil thing called 8 minute abs

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

concerned mom posted:

You want to be in Constantinople in 400, not Rome. Say you're from a very distant land and you'd like to tell the emperor about a lil thing called 8 minute abs

nah, there are two subjects that you could't teach anything new to greeks; abs and sodomy

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
you'd probably cause a pandemic by transmitting a bunch of viruses that people have no resistance to

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
what if you could go back to medieval times though? wouldn't that be neat too?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
pre or post constantine's conversion to christianity??

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Mathlete posted:

someone should make a thread

baw
Nov 5, 2008

The Saurus posted:

pre or post constantine's conversion to christianity??

if we're talking about ambrose obviously post duh

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'd turn up to the council of nicea with a copy of the god delusion

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

baw posted:

if we're talking about ambrose obviously post duh

constantine and ambrose weren't even alive at the same time you idiothole

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

id gently caress, id want to gently caress, ill find my gently caress

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

who took my gently caress

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Probably end up killing everyone with some modern virus or something.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

The Saurus posted:

constantine and ambrose weren't even alive at the same time you idiothole

yes fucker but people can still know about constantine after he died, for instance me

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
call myself a gun wizard, shoot the emperor, rule Rome through hand gestures, keep the Christians oppressed, legalize weed

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
great library with a portable scanner; hopefully i can also leave

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Mathlete posted:

You can go there, remember to cheer for the green knight.

A Baroque Turd
Jul 10, 2015
was it ok to be gay back then

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
this sounds terrible, instead i will chop off my dick and balls

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

A Baroque Turd posted:

was it ok to be gay back then

only if he was a subordinate and you topped him. Also you weren't allowed to "love" him as such but rather have an intense bromance.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I answered that ad too OP; it's just a gloryhole at that stinky sports bar on Pharts Ave. Still it's a good way to travel through time.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

lonesomedwarf posted:

who took my gently caress

i would gently caress

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You would kill anyone you touched within minutes because you're a carrier for all kinds of crazy future diseases that hadn't even evolved by 400AD.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
4th century probably on of the better centuries to time travel back to. i'd send a letter to Gratian, telling him maybe its not the best idea to let the Goths into the empire

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
probably get thrown in prison (sodomy, natch) and be tortured for the rest of my life while they eek out every last detail of everything I can remember about the future (mostly sodomy related tid-bits).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RaySmuckles posted:

probably get thrown in prison (sodomy, natch) and be tortured for the rest of my life while they eek out every last detail of everything I can remember about the future (mostly sodomy related tid-bits).

nah you'd be fine, roman where cool with sodomy, and the catholic church wasn't powerful enough to bother you in the 4th century

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
In the 4th century the only restaurant is taco bell

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Get ready to be surprised by how tiny all the fruits and vegetables are. I hope you like crab apples.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
I'd bring a bradley IFV and join the wicked saracens, and help scourge Europe of the christ

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

baw posted:

how are they received? a lot of folks could wow the with their technology and knowledge, but i think they would basically view you as a retard cause you can't tell the difference between archbishop ambrose and emperor constantine or whatever

Or, more likely, because you don't speak any known language on the planet (unless you're one of the like 1% of people who know Latin or ancient Greek).

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd probably infect humanity with a modern disease they have no resistance to and cause the end of humanity and some sort of paradox situation.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
has anyone said 'past nastification' yet?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

feedmegin posted:

Or, more likely, because you don't speak any known language on the planet (unless you're one of the like 1% of people who know Latin or ancient Greek).

And even then we don't know what those sounded like spoken aloud. Your accent would be atrocious.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i'd probably fart a lot and then die looking for wifi

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You would be completely unable to speak to anybody and would probably die alone from exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what if the black death was caused by a time travelling rat?

• Locked thread