Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was for Count Goldblum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Attack of the Mutant seemed more like a fever dream than anything else.

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

I'm gonna go across the street and, uh, schling a schlong.

BiggerJ posted:

From three months ago (huh, didn't realize it was that long, I don't blame you):

Actually, it looks like he was referring to something specific within a game and not an entire game. What game was it in?

Ohhh, that part. That was basically just him mentioning that Jeff Goldblum was in Escape From Horrorland, which I kinda figured to be the big surprise I wouldn't want to have spoiled.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Something I just learned on Wikipedia that hasn't been brought up, I think:

The Masked Mutant was voiced by Jim Belushi.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Waffleman_ posted:

Something I just learned on Wikipedia that hasn't been brought up, I think:

The Masked Mutant was voiced by Jim Belushi.

The Lesser Belushi

The Painful Reminder

etc.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Anoia posted:

The Lesser Belushi

The Painful Reminder

etc.

it's all part of the plan according to jim

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

Hey, y'all know what's spooky?

~Delays~

But something that's even spookier?

~Halloween Videos~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgMzGmym78

Finally we're back! Sorry about that. FutureFriend has been gracious enough to actually spend time recording the game on original hardware, since emulation fell through. As such, he'll be the one leading us through this next game.

Taoc fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 31, 2015

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

WHOOPS APPARENTLY ONLY LIKE HALF THE VIDEO GOT UPLOADED SOMEHOW? HOLD ON

ALRIGHT IT'S UP NOW

Taoc fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 31, 2015

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Taoc posted:

WHOOPS APPARENTLY ONLY LIKE HALF THE VIDEO GOT UPLOADED SOMEHOW? HOLD ON

I actually accepted it abruptly ending on a weird ingame joke as a natural ending.

But in any case it now seems we're in the Illbleed Goosebumps crossover.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Bluhman posted:

I actually accepted it abruptly ending on a weird ingame joke as a natural ending.

But in any case it now seems we're in the Illbleed Goosebumps crossover.

Same.

The horrors are all really blasé about everything, especially the lady horrors and their weird tube tops. I don't know what they were going for here.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Anoia posted:

The horrors are all really blasé about everything, especially the lady horrors and their weird tube tops. I don't know what they were going for here.

Personally, I've always found helpful and friendly park attendants to be the most horrifying thing of all.

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

Let's go suck some blood or something, I dunno. New video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2N4INfRyIY

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The true horror: Golf physics straight out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Well, bat puns have now replaced ice puns as my least favorite type of pun.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ghoul-in-one is the most shameful pun I've heard like, all year. Vampire phone luckily has saved the LP however.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

what's a vampire's favorite dessert? a bloody sundae! aha-aha-aha-ahaaahahaha

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

what's a vampire's favorite basketballer? dracuille'o'neal! ahahaha-ahaha-ahaha

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

why is dracula bad in relationships? its cause he drives his lovers batty! hahaha-haha-hoohoho

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

Apropos of nothing, FutureFriend is now banned from LP forever

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Taoc posted:

You fool, FutureFriend cannot be stopped! Many have tried, all have failed.

He is a FutureFiend.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Taoc posted:

i'm sorry for shitposting but sometimes a futurevamp has got to show his fangs. ahahahahahahaha

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The :doom: avatar really sells these posts.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Taoc, FF, let's not fight. We're brothers, fampires til the end!

Taoc
Oct 6, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Taoc, FF, let's not fight. We're brothers, fampires til the end!

I want to fight FF more than ever after this New Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6uURXD8Jk

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Man the theming in that area got a bit confused. Swamp pirates :confuoot:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
loving christ, that terribly parasitized slug. :barf:

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I hope for the next area we see creoles in the alps.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Guess what? You've taken so long that another new Goosebumps game has come out!

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

BiggerJ posted:

Guess what? You've taken so long that another new Goosebumps game has come out!

Oh snap, the gauntlet's been thrown down.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

honestly it taking so long is entirely my fault, because horrorland is a loving terrible videogame and i keep putting off playing it

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I started reading goosebumps books when I was in second grade but never got into them until now and two books I always read in second grade were my hairest adventure and the girl who cried monster. the girl who cried monster book had really spooktaculer photo but the one where the librarian turned in to a monster and was facing forward always scared me and I would scream and drop the book on my desk and when someone asked me why you scream I would pick up the book and flip through the pages and show them why I nearly screamed my head off

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

syzpid posted:

I started reading goosebumps books when I was in second grade but never got into them until now and two books I always read in second grade were my hairest adventure and the girl who cried monster. the girl who cried monster book had really spooktaculer photo but the one where the librarian turned in to a monster and was facing forward always scared me and I would scream and drop the book on my desk and when someone asked me why you scream I would pick up the book and flip through the pages and show them why I nearly screamed my head off

I had like a million goosebumps books when I was a kid. I collected them because I liked the covers. I never found them scary or remotely unsettling, but as a tiny horror / scifi /fantasy fan, I took what I could get. I outgrew them rapidly and was reading like Stephen King and Michael Crichton books, with still other goosebumps books in between because they were kind of fun.

R.L. Stine is a total hack, but especially for a kid his stories have kind of a surreal and dream-like quality to them. In retrospect, this is probably because he was wholesale making them up on the spot. When you are a young kid without a better frame of reference that stuff, though, it comes off as like an unpredictable and fantastical romp.

As far as stupid horror aimed towards kids, I was irrationally terrified of the show "Are You Afraid of the Dark". I have no idea why.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I once tried to tell a Goosebumps story from a book I never read to some friends in a school trip. It was about some girl who thought her neighbour was a ghost, but she was the ghost all along! :ghost:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I once tried to tell a Goosebumps story from a book I never read to some friends in a school trip. It was about some girl who thought her neighbour was a ghost, but she was the ghost all along! :ghost:

So you told a Stephen King story rather than an RL Stine one

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

tlarn posted:

So you told a Stephen King story rather than an RL Stine one

Maybe that's where RL Stine took it from, but check The Ghost Next Door.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.

deadly_pudding posted:

R.L. Stine is a total hack, but especially for a kid his stories have kind of a surreal and dream-like quality to them. In retrospect, this is probably because he was wholesale making them up on the spot. When you are a young kid without a better frame of reference that stuff, though, it comes off as like an unpredictable and fantastical romp.

As far as stupid horror aimed towards kids, I was irrationally terrified of the show "Are You Afraid of the Dark". I have no idea why.

I (kind of) hate being the RL Stine apologist in this thread, but I don't think he's a hack. The Goosebumps books are all pretty bad, but, like you said, they knew the target. RL Stine may have written bad books from any standpoint other than "fun books for kids," but they were fun books for kids. They really suffered from their own blessing. RL Stine never had a good thing going, so he never needed anything else or change his formula. When the book came out, I read Red Rain, one of his "adult" books, and thought it was a mediocre but serviceable romp. He's not the worst author out there, and, oh man, I had read some bad books in 2015.

As for AYAOTD: Several years ago, I was feeling nostalgic and bought the first few seasons on DVD and was actually surprised. That show held up a lot better and has some legitimately good episodes, especially compared to the Goosebumps show.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I just remembered at one point when I was far too old to care about them some place like Pizza Hut or somewhere (maybe taco bell?) had a goosebumps promotion where they gave out little mini-books that were like 8 page stories, and they were even more improvised than the actual books. Like the one I had gotten was about this brother and sister that are new to town and scared of a mean neighbor dog owned by some creepy kids. Then boom, turns out the dog doesn't like ghosts. Cause the new kids were ghosts. It was pretty much exactly that much :effort: to it.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Mr. Highway posted:

As for AYAOTD: Several years ago, I was feeling nostalgic and bought the first few seasons on DVD and was actually surprised. That show held up a lot better and has some legitimately good episodes, especially compared to the Goosebumps show.

my are you afraid of the dark experience was there was an episode called "The Tale of Jake the Snake" and it didnt have the wrestler anywhere in it

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

alright, some bad news. i got two more horrorland videos but i ain't gonna finish because i just spend two hours on a minigolf game that doesn't work and i gotta perfect and im p sure if i keep going i might permanently gently caress up my arm. sorry about that folks but i'm not going to destroy myself for wii shovelware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Well, that's a shame. It really seemed like the story was going somewhere, and I was totally immersed in the rich lore! Thanks for showing off some weird games, and generally being funny.

• Locked thread