Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FIRST TIME posted:

jesus christ, shut the gently caress up

use your imagination el gapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Ramsus posted:

just imagine someone in the united states moving to a different part of it or having ancestors or currently alive family members from the south

impossible i know

we all know that but didn't bother saying it because

burritolingus posted:

Anyone flying the Confederate flag is a loving idiot.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
kinda makes half the posts not make sense but i guess that's the joke hahaa

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ramsus posted:

kinda makes half the posts not make sense but i guess that's the joke hahaa

you're the joke

:thejoke:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Lol, I don't give a poo poo about stupid jokes because I'm an actual adult.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ramsus posted:

Woah.

Really makes me think.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FIRST TIME posted:

jesus christ, shut the gently caress up

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

ArbitraryC posted:

I've heard that before but always just assumed it referred to the normal american flag like stars and stripes, well now I know not to inadvertently endorse a racist flag.

Everybody in here is actually using stars and bars erroneously, as it isn't the battle flag with the X on it like the one that flew in South Carolina, it's the actual official flag of the Confederacy that looks kind of like the Betsy Ross American flag, except it just has three stripe (bars).

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe they voted for Bill Clinton, who loved the Confederate flag.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
In my northern Minneapolis suburb hometown we had high school kids fly the stars and bars on their trucks during the last day for seniors.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
My high school had the confederate flag as it's "mascot", and the KKK would openly recruit in the local bar, and parade on main street.

This was in Canada in the mid 90s.

I lived in the USA for about 12 years, and managed to travel a bunch in the south. I have never been anywhere more backwards and racist as my horrible home town.

Everyone truly believed they weren't racist, because racism is an american problem. But while growing up, I saw a loving cross burned, I'm not even kidding.

Eventually a new principal got rid of the flag, which caused a lot of controversy in the town. After all, how can it be racist when there aren't even any black people in our town?

They kept the name, though.

Go Rebels. Wooo

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I can't believe you have to purchase the rebel flag with your own flesh and bone, at least I think that's a requirement, why else would the supporters be missing so many teeth?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

My high school had the confederate flag as it's "mascot", and the KKK would openly recruit in the local bar, and parade on main street.

This was in Canada in the mid 90s.

I lived in the USA for about 12 years, and managed to travel a bunch in the south. I have never been anywhere more backwards and racist as my horrible home town.

Everyone truly believed they weren't racist, because racism is an american problem. But while growing up, I saw a loving cross burned, I'm not even kidding.

Eventually a new principal got rid of the flag, which caused a lot of controversy in the town. After all, how can it be racist when there aren't even any black people in our town?

They kept the name, though.

Go Rebels. Wooo
yeah the most racist people i know are from vermont and they say the same "i'm not racist because i'm from vermont" thing. while literally screaming at the black children playing on the street. and being mad that black people live in the neighborhood.

i'm in the south.
:stonk:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
All northerners are faggots

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Professor Tomtom posted:

(Confederate being anally raped by Union troops) "You guys are...FAGS!"

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

Dead Gay Romans posted:

What is with all the loving morons who were born and raised in a Union state flying loving Confederate flags and pretending it has something to do with their "heritage"?

Like if I see a guy from loving Massachusetts driving around with the Stars and Bars, I can only assume he is even more racist then any Southern could be, because that's pretty much the only reason a Northerner would fly one; as a massive gently caress you to black people without even the flimsy guise of historical pride or whatever.

I'm seeing this poo poo all over and it's loving baffling. Dudes whose ancestors loving fought and died for the Union flying the god drat flag that killed their great, great uncle or whatever.

Share you favorite stories of amazingly racist cognitive dissonance! Does this poo poo happen in Europe?

as are southerners.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think its cool

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Professor Tomtom posted:

:heritage:

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 14, 2015

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Share you favorite stories of amazingly racist cognitive dissonance! Does this poo poo happen in Europe?
I recall a bunch of Europeans tossing bananas at African soccer teams a few years back.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
People saw the Dukes of Hazzard and think the flag actually represents outwitting dumb corrupt officials and ramping cars over things. And what right-minded person would be against that?

They are ignorant babies and should be pitied

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Does this poo poo happen in Europe?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dead Gay Romans posted:

They were the primary market for the Atlantic Slave Trade. Ban European flags.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

String Beans posted:

I recall a bunch of Europeans tossing bananas at African soccer teams a few years back.

Yeah but that was around the med or in Slav land which is worse than the south

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Does this poo poo happen in Europe?

Raggare is swedish word that is synonymous with moron

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

Was about to post exactly this. Though, realistically this is more like wearing a lovely tribal tattoo or something compared to Americans using a confederate flag.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

would gently caress the poo poo out of this dirty southern girl tho

e: wait SWEDISH fuckin BAIT AND SWITCH wtf still would but drat

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
That white girl cannot pull off aviators. It's actually embarrassing to look at.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I see tons of 'people' driving around in my lovely rural English county with confederate flags and poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

That white girl cannot pull off aviators. It's actually embarrassing to look at.

alright homohebian

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

burritolingus posted:

Anyone flying the Confederate flag is a loving idiot.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
There's a guy who was in graduate school with me, he's from South America somewhere and has only lived in the states for like ten years. Since he graduated he moved to south carolinny or somewhere and it's been a couple of years but now his profile picture on facebook is the flag and he reposts all the "HERITAGE NOT HATE" bullshit he sees between pictures of him holding up catfish.

He's crosseyed as gently caress though so lol.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Omi-Polari posted:

It's like HONK HONK *garbage noises*

m-m-m-much like you're posting :milk:

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

TopherCStone posted:

Was about to post exactly this. Though, realistically this is more like wearing a lovely tribal tattoo or something compared to Americans using a confederate flag.

Scandinavia seems to have some glitches

some really bizarre glitches. Did you ever even have slaves there since the Vikings? How do these people even find out about the Confederate flag, and what terrifyingly serpentine mental process do they engage in before buying one?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you have to understand their conception of the stars and bars is probably literally 'haha yeah it's that thing on that car in that TV show AMERICA is cool right guys check out my blue jeans'

maybe some of them know it's from the civil war but I bet you on average they probably just associate it with america and being rebellious

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Scandinavia is weird since they seem to understand Americans and their humor the best but they are also kind of really racist.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Scandinavia is weird since they seem to understand Americans and their humor the best but they are also kind of really racist.

Every country in the world is more racist than America and if it seems like they're not, it's only because they've successfully driven all the "undesirable" races out of their country. HTH.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Scandinavia seems to have some glitches

some really bizarre glitches. Did you ever even have slaves there since the Vikings? How do these people even find out about the Confederate flag, and what terrifyingly serpentine mental process do they engage in before buying one?

The vikings sometimes took entire villages as slaves (trälar) when they were raiding.
Raggare is a subculture in swedish society that has nothing to do with vikings. They take their influences from 50's and 60's american culture. Particulary "rockabilly" and "greaser" culture. They rebel against society by driving around irressponsibly in vintage cars and shouting demeaning things at women while listening to terrible music. And pretty much every raggare I've ever met was pretty rascist.

Ronny & Ragge is a parody of raggare. And awesome to boot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkCnAKI2aSU

Terrible music popular among raggare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOeLeS8hWns

e: Oh sorry I saw that you said "since the vikings" a little too late. But we had slaves after that too. They were called "livegna" and were pretty much slaves, similar systems of ownership of humans were practiced all over feudal europe.

Qurnah fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ramsus posted:

:cripes:

If this is an actual adult then jesus loving christ

• Locked thread