Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the new deadpool movie has a character called negasonic teenage warhead

i hope they come out at the same time and end superhero movies forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I think Will Smith is a good actor so I'm sure he'll at least do well. I watched this trailer and though it looked bad. I watched the Btaman vs Superman trailer directly after and boy it did make Suicide Squad look good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
both of these movies are gonna make alotta money

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

looking forward to the inevitable squirrel girl movie

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
this is too dark for me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Joker is the least embarrassing part of this trailer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

midnightclimax posted:

this is too dark for me

Impossible, will smith is the only black guy and he isn't even that black.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

midnightclimax posted:

this is too dark for me

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

american comics are dumb

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

manga is the light

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
stupid gaijins

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

it looks dumb but i will buy a ticket to watch it in the theatre, while at the same time reminding myself to not expect that much

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
jared leto is a giant douche and should proly get his rear end kicked every now and then

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why does DC have such poo poo characters?

They go from extremes like SUperman who can fly, shoot lasers, lift cars.....to Batman who is just a rich nerd whose parents died.

Marvels characters are much more interesting and varied.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
James Cameron got the rights to make a Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. :stare:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

burritolingus posted:

Remember when people first saw Heath Ledger's Joker and they were like "gently caress they're making Brokeback Batman that ain't Joker that's a joke gently caress this poo poo?" And then Ledger died and people could not stop fellating Dark Knight? What I'm saying is, Jared Leto, I think you know what you have to do (too many drugs with the Olsen twins).

At my old workplace I had to listen to a very sincere conversation between two nerd boys who were going on about how playing the Joker killed Heath Ledger. "Oh man that role is so intense that he wouldn't speak to anyone and took loads of drugs which killed him." "Yeah, it's so hard to watch because he suffered so much." I guess that's more romantic than dying because of an Olson twin.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
when you party with the olsen twins you're going to get hep c, at minimum

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

guys i think harly quinn is in this movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

James Cameron got the rights to make a Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. :stare:

Finally we'll get the big-budget live action interpretation of Bôken Desho Desho we've all been clamoring for.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hmm, op. didn't you draw a bunch of cartoons in this very forum?

You are a children, abblewhite

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ahundredbux posted:

Hmm, op. didn't you draw a bunch of cartoons in this very forum?

You are a children, abblewhite

It's true :qq: and I intend to draw more.

Yet I still feel too mature for this film.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
this is not a chidlerns movie they even have guns in it :crossarms:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bro Dad posted:

the new deadpool movie has a character called negasonic teenage warhead

i hope they come out at the same time and end superhero movies forever

hey that's a monster magnet song wtf

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
am i or anyone supposed to be able to recognize any of the characters in that trailer??? except batman / joker i guess

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

fyodor posted:

yeah it turns out grant morrison is a hack, who knew

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

fyodor posted:

I'm guessing he wanted to call the character 'Slut Machine' but his editor said no.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
If I didn't know any better, I'd think a hot but crazy blond chick and Will Smith were like the only characters in this movie based on that trailer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

l33t b4c0n posted:

If I didn't know any better, I'd think a hot but crazy blond chick and Will Smith were like the only characters in this movie based on that trailer.

Anyone who thought the movie wasn't going to be Margo Robbie, Will Smith, and Jared Leto fighting for screen time was crazy stupid

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
So we're like some kind of suicide squad

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

So we're like some kind of suicide squad

So we're like... some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like, some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like some kind of suicide squad?

So... we're like some kind of suicide squad??

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Man comic books are lame and movies about comic books are lame except for blade

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

l33t b4c0n posted:

This is good because they can murder off all the other ridiculous losers

Not that I'm saying the movie will be good, because it will be silly and ok, at best. Do I look like I have "Deranged" tattooed on my forehead?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
when are hollywood people going to stop making endless superhero movies

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

concerned mom posted:

when are hollywood people going to stop making endless superhero movies

jesus loving christ there's a rodeo movie coming out in a minute just hold on

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
idc if a films stupid as long as its stupid in a fun way and this could definitely be that

there are way too many superhero movies though i went to see jurassic world (which edges p close to just stupid) and it seemed like every trailer was one

personally im looking forward to Antman (hes a man but as badass as an ant) which is definitely not scraping the bottom of the barrel

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i'm really glad they gave the joker a cool juggalo girlfriend who licks prisons. every time i see the joker i think "man i really wanna see this guy have a cool girlfriend" and it's like they read my mind. i was hoping they would show a baby joker and his baby girlfriend on the tv program gotham because young love is v. romantic but this is also good because a baby joker prob wouldn't have cool tattoos? and his baby girlfriend wouldn't really have good tits, not ones we could openly talk about at least

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gatekeeper posted:

i'm really glad they gave the joker a cool juggalo girlfriend who licks prisons. every time i see the joker i think "man i really wanna see this guy have a cool girlfriend" and it's like they read my mind. i was hoping they would show a baby joker and his baby girlfriend on the tv program gotham because young love is v. romantic but this is also good because a baby joker prob wouldn't have cool tattoos? and his baby girlfriend wouldn't really have good tits, not ones we could openly talk about at least

anybody who wants to bang the joker is probably p hosed up i'd expect

actually if you just painted joker and quinn as methhead juggalos it would make a lot of sense i think

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Harley Quinn's behavior is a real turn off. Woe to any man who kisses her after she's finished licking every surface in prison.

i dunno im sure your mom still kisses you good night and she licks ever surface of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
So let me get this straight, they have these hyper violent criminals all locked up and so forth right? And they 'threw away the key' as she says in the trailer, more or less?

so like what they're saying is if this film took place in Texas or Oklahoma it'd never happen because they'd have already given all of these dudes the chair

the death penalty stops supervillains folks you heard it here first

• Locked thread