Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
how about you take a ride on ya' hawley, mistah jay?

*licks a prison wall seductively*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

concerned mom posted:

when are hollywood people going to stop making endless superhero movies

After Suicide Squad and Batman Vs. Superman bomb so hard that public opinion is turned against superhero movies for the next two decades.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
batman v superman will make a million billion dollars even if it sucks. pretty much all superhero movies make cash from merchandising tie ins and poo poo.

superhero movies arent going anywhere any time soon im afraid.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
nah sony will keep rebooting the exact same spiderman movie until the end of time

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
maybe harley is blind and sees by smelling and tasting colors as if they're all flavored like candy

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

RyokoTK posted:

anybody who wants to bang the joker is probably p hosed up i'd expect

actually if you just painted joker and quinn as methhead juggalos it would make a lot of sense i think

umm excuse me but all the quirky independent girls on my facebook feed have unequivocally stated juggalette and joker are in true love and are really cool and are role models for how relationships should be because despite their foibles they are in love and always put in the work to make their relationship strong and that's why they are so much happier than batman, who just lets his girlfriends die, no biggie. jared leto will never just let harley die and vice versa and that's why this movie will be so touching and waaaay better than iron mans (drunk; codependent) and batmen (depressed and selfish and prob very little sex drive) and the upcoming ant man (too small for sex except with like, babies or something and that's gross ant man is gross)

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Wizard Master posted:

How can there be a new Joker already, the Republican primaries aren't until 2016.

This is obviously still the test marketing phase, where Amanda "Rove" Waller and her buds run an overstocked shitload of terrible candidates through the paces to see who survives.

"Getting people to act against their own self-interest is what I do for a living."

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Applewhite posted:

After Suicide Squad and Batman Vs. Superman bomb so hard that public opinion is turned against superhero movies for the next two decades.

this is actually there secret plan to put marvel out of business

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
didn't watch, but looks bad

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Acne Rain posted:

maybe harley is blind and sees by smelling and tasting colors as if they're all flavored like candy

Oh and she could wear red glasses and carry a cane.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wonder Woman would beat all these fruitcakes up

just saying

wheres my wonder woman movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Wonder Woman would beat all these fruitcakes up

just saying

wheres my wonder woman movie

Superhero movies would be good again if they'd make a Silver Age wonder woman movie in the same spirit as Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

They almost did it with Green Lantern, but chickened out at the last second. GL could have been DC's Guardians of the Galaxy if they'd had the balls to make it silly.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

how about you take a ride on ya' hawley, mistah jay?

*licks a prison wall seductively*

*Inserts handcuffs into vagina*

how about ya help escape mistah jay?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gatekeeper posted:

umm excuse me but all the quirky independent girls on my facebook feed have unequivocally stated juggalette and joker are in true love and are really cool and are role models for how relationships should be because despite their foibles they are in love and always put in the work to make their relationship strong and that's why they are so much happier than batman, who just lets his girlfriends die, no biggie. jared leto will never just let harley die and vice versa and that's why this movie will be so touching and waaaay better than iron mans (drunk; codependent) and batmen (depressed and selfish and prob very little sex drive) and the upcoming ant man (too small for sex except with like, babies or something and that's gross ant man is gross)

i do not doubt the true juggalove that two or more methheads can enjoy

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
it actually looks the business, im sorry that you are such a negative nancy op that the moment a comic book movie is announced you have to pick holes in it without any justifiable reason just to show everyone that youre king of the nerdfaces same poo poo happens with anything star wars well newsflash nancy its gonna be da bom diggity and your gonna eat youre drat words and choke on them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I would kind of like a movie like this with a bunch of bad guys going up against a well known hero instead of some no doubt generic objective they get in this movie. It'd be more fun if this team was trying to take out Batman or Superman or something and the movie treated the hero as the antagonist

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it would be cool if their true objective was to take out: themselves. truly a suicide squad

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

I would kind of like a movie like this with a bunch of bad guys going up against a well known hero instead of some no doubt generic objective they get in this movie. It'd be more fun if this team was trying to take out Batman or Superman or something and the movie treated the hero as the antagonist

I don't think that would be allowed by the Hayes Code.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

concerned mom posted:

when are hollywood people going to stop making endless superhero movies
huh?? get your VCR checked out, mine always end after like 2hrs

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Applewhite posted:

So we're like... some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like, some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like some kind of suicide squad?

So... we're like some kind of suicide squad??

In the sequel they recruit Dr. Octopus.

So...I'm like some kind of Suicide...squid?

*two second pause, Wil Smith looks sidelong into the camera*

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Alan Smithee posted:

jared leto is a giant douche and should proly get his rear end kicked every now and then

I watch Fight Club at least once a month for this exact reason.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

James Cameron got the rights to make a Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. :stare:

That could be really good. I'd love to see a James Cameron version of that bit where the light giants start destroying the world

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i liked professional eyebrow model cara delevingnge was bathing in some quaker state 10w30

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phobic Nest posted:

"Getting people to act against their own self-interest is what I do for a living."

This is actually 100% correct but it was the director talking about movie audiences

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Amanda Waller isn't fat enough in that trailer.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This is how Amanda Waller is supposed to look

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
they sprung for one of those reedy vocalizers in the trailer i see

man you know this ones gonna be dark but touching too

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I'm confused, isn't Harley supposed to spend all of her free time having weird plant-sex with Ivy?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Naerasa posted:

I'm confused, isn't Harley supposed to spend all of her free time having weird plant-sex with Ivy?

Ivy is too silly and has no place in the grim and gritty world of Superman v. Batman 478 U.S. 186 (1986)

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
DC must be hurting because they ran out of money and couldn't afford lighting for this movie.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I have some friends in the comedy scene in Toronto and apparently Jared Leto is fond of showing up to shows with his lovely green joker hair and laughing with his crazy joker laugh and just pissing everyone off.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

yeah it turns out grant morrison is a hack, who knew

big time

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I am a huge fan of DC and honestly, both of their upcoming movies look bad. Suicide Squad looks worse, though. Hmmm what will improve a story about crazy supervillains being sent out on suicide missions for the US government? I know! Lots of meth and Hot Topic clothing.

Justice League: Gods and Monsters was pretty good, though.

boom boom boom posted:

Word.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the only reason im glad of this movie is that when it turns out to be a modest success marvel will make a thunderbolts movie

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Applewhite posted:

Ivy is too silly and has no place in the grim and gritty world of Superman v. Batman 478 U.S. 186 (1986)

Given how popular she is as a character, I'm kinda shocked that they haven't shoe-horned her in to one of these movies yet.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Sweet! Another gritty take on children's literature. I'm super psyched to hear all the hype about it for months, then the inevitable disappointment after it's released!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

are there any comic books about dogs? i really like dogs and i also like avengers and bat/spidermen and a movie combining both thingies would be very sweet. i don't mean like Dog-Man where it's a man who becomes a dog to avenge his wife, just a cool loyal dog who stops bad guys like fresh prince and joker. maybe to be cute his girlfriend is catwoman's cat who feels conflicted about dating a good guy when she's a bad guy's furbaby but Hero Dog (that's a bad name, we'll revisit that later) is so virtuous and great that she just can't help but love him. Is this a comic that could be a movie now that all the good and mediocre stories are already movies?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

are there any comic books about dogs? i really like dogs and i also like avengers and bat/spidermen and a movie combining both thingies would be very sweet. i don't mean like Dog-Man where it's a man who becomes a dog to avenge his wife, just a cool loyal dog who stops bad guys like fresh prince and joker. maybe to be cute his girlfriend is catwoman's cat who feels conflicted about dating a good guy when she's a bad guy's furbaby but Hero Dog (that's a bad name, we'll revisit that later) is so virtuous and great that she just can't help but love him. Is this a comic that could be a movie now that all the good and mediocre stories are already movies?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

waller from assault on arkham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

• Locked thread