Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
the marvel movies are also terrible hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

So we're like... some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like, some kind of suicide squad?

So we're like some kind of suicide squad?

So... we're like some kind of suicide squad??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4GrHGnFtg4&t=3s

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Irradiation posted:

I said successful not good.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
this movie looks bad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

will smith ruins most movies and indeed ruins America with his continued Scientology

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

this is my favorite UCB skit. it's like 10 times better than any of their other skits.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
is rob zombie directing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nonsense posted:

will smith ruins most movies and indeed ruins America with his continued Scientology

At least he's stopped funding star vehicles for his talentless kids to fail in.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Simstim posted:

is rob zombie directing?
Is his wife in it? No? Then he's not directing.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

the way mistah jay says "i'm going to hurt you real bad" in the trailer sounds like he is about to give the camera a really bad blowjob imo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Irradiation posted:

They're fun action movies the whole family can enjoy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

lol it was funny right up to the end. I don't understand what the liar guy was pointing at his head or why the movie store guy would care.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Applewhite posted:

lol it was funny right up to the end. I don't understand what the liar guy was pointing at his head or why the movie store guy would care.

apparently it was a poop on a stick

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
If you've ever seen what poo on a stick will do to a man, you'd try to stop him, too

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

Knight posted:

If you've ever seen what poo on a stick will do to a man, you'd try to stop him, too

flashbacks from vietnam

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
so i guess were kind of like the suicide squad huh

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

apparently it was a poop on a stick

That's what it looked like, but the movie store guy took it seriously so I thought maybe it was supposed to be a magic wand or something.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So we're like some sort of gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "ETI"

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

This movie looks like the late 90s had vomited forward into the future and the vomit is just now reaching its destination.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

are there any comic books about dogs? i really like dogs and i also like avengers and bat/spidermen and a movie combining both thingies would be very sweet. i don't mean like Dog-Man where it's a man who becomes a dog to avenge his wife, just a cool loyal dog who stops bad guys like fresh prince and joker. maybe to be cute his girlfriend is catwoman's cat who feels conflicted about dating a good guy when she's a bad guy's furbaby but Hero Dog (that's a bad name, we'll revisit that later) is so virtuous and great that she just can't help but love him. Is this a comic that could be a movie now that all the good and mediocre stories are already movies?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gatekeeper posted:

are there any comic books about dogs? i really like dogs and i also like avengers and bat/spidermen and a movie combining both thingies would be very sweet. i don't mean like Dog-Man where it's a man who becomes a dog to avenge his wife, just a cool loyal dog who stops bad guys like fresh prince and joker. maybe to be cute his girlfriend is catwoman's cat who feels conflicted about dating a good guy when she's a bad guy's furbaby but Hero Dog (that's a bad name, we'll revisit that later) is so virtuous and great that she just can't help but love him. Is this a comic that could be a movie now that all the good and mediocre stories are already movies?

(Just happy stories about some dogs and a cat solving mysteries)

I always wonder why they bother making these ensemble movies when they don't really have the craft to develop more than 1-2 characters at a time. At least The Wall isn't the super model version any more.

Pamela Wallin is actually one of the more interesting characters in the series. She has no powers and has to out plan, out guts, and out ruthless these psychotic nutballs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

DC has had 7 years since the first Iron Man movie to figure out why Marvel has been so successful and they just keep loving it up at every single turn.

Man of Steel was pretty successful, the Batman trilogy was pretty successful and their Daredevil TV show and Arrow TV show and Flash TV show appears to be successful as well. Most of their stuff is doing alright actually and I predict that both Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman will do real well as well

Green lantern didn't do well...but who the gently caress gives a poo poo about that guy anyway

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Sucide squad looks more interesting that batman vs superman

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Marvel movies are pretty bubblegum. I'm glad DC isn't trying to emulate that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I was going to suggest this. It's pretty cool. Just throw animals inside robot suits... Done.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

too bad Vertigo is a DC imprint. Marvel could totally pull off a movie.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
not dogs, but still cute

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

read mouseguard

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

"Get the hell outta there. That's not a dog, it's some sort of thing! It's imitating a dog, it isn't real! Get away, you idiots!"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

Man of Steel was pretty successful, the Batman trilogy was pretty successful and their Daredevil TV show and Arrow TV show and Flash TV show appears to be successful as well. Most of their stuff is doing alright actually and I predict that both Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman will do real well as well

Green lantern didn't do well...but who the gently caress gives a poo poo about that guy anyway

Daredevil is Marvel, you idito

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Crash_N_Burn posted:

"Get the hell outta there. That's not a dog, it's some sort of thing! It's imitating a dog, it isn't real! Get away, you idiots!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_piYJAGQImc

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

how god don't exist how mouse learn a halberd?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

boom boom boom posted:

Daredevil is Marvel, you idito

fine replace it with that lovely batman show, its getting another season isnt it

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

mouse guard owns this movie looks poo poo

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I don't like will smith

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

I don't like will smith

He hasn't made a single decent film since joining the CoS.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
hey guys i think superman is a stnad in for jesus in the dc movies

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

I don't like will smith

i like will smith better than u

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Simstim posted:

read mouseguard

this looks cool and like what my little kid brained imagined as I read REDWALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

hey guys i think superman is a stnad in for jesus in the dc movies

For Jor-El so loved the world he sent us his only begotten son...

• Locked thread