Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

this looks kinda cheaply made

It seriously looks like an A-List multimillion dollar movie made by Roger Corman who pledged only to spend every penny on Will Smith and CGI

Anyone want to take a bet when they'll abort the hilariously large DC future announcement they made soon as they realize they have none?

ED: You know what that was mean to Roger Corman, he put more effort into that poo poo Fantastic Four movie than Fox is doing, and that was literally just a scam

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I found myself fast forwarding through that trailer

I think that's literally the first time I've done that for a comic book movie

looks lovely, saw 4 frames

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
That Warcraft movie that's coming out in 2026 looks even cheaper.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hope this bombs and it'll signal an end to these lovely loving superhero movies

in good movie news, Ex Machina is out on DVD today, rent it if you haven't seen it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ElGroucho posted:

So is Will Smith a bad guy or not

Cuz he sure is acting like not a bad guy in this trailer, and that is lame as gently caress

He plays Deadshot, an assassin who has a daughter.

He just wants to do right by his daughter, so he kills people for money.

Also he's estranged from his daughter, because he's a remorseless murderer, but that just makes him work harder at his job of killing people, so he can do right by his daughter

So yeah, he's a pretty sympathetic, morally gray character that you can really root for.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Hope this bombs and it'll signal an end to these lovely loving superhero movies

in good movie news, Ex Machina is out on DVD today, rent it if you haven't seen it

this movie was gay and boring

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo I just watched the trailer.

That was worse than I expected. I mean Goddamn. It looks like a TV show half the time (I'm hoping they actually fix their effects) but all the characters look grating, their audio choices, their.. everything. How the hell do you gently caress things up this badly?

The focus on Harley Quinn is hilarious given she basically looks like a gibbering junkie who's special ability is "has baseball bat," which is literally making Hawkeye look like a God.

ED: Anyone hoping this ends superhero movies.. just hope it ends /DC/ superhero movies because literally the only thing they've done right in years is hire Nolan for two movies he wanted to make, and one he slept through making.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

radiatinglines posted:

drat Winnie the Pooh is racist af then

written by early 20th century white british guy and adapted by walt disney.

it's got good odds at least

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

It seriously looks like an A-List multimillion dollar movie made by Roger Corman who pledged only to spend every penny on Will Smith and CGI

Anyone want to take a bet when they'll abort the hilariously large DC future announcement they made soon as they realize they have none?

ED: You know what that was mean to Roger Corman, he put more effort into that poo poo Fantastic Four movie than Fox is doing, and that was literally just a scam

Yeah Roger Corman probably would have turned around a more entertaining-looking movie, and for like 1/8 of the budget of this turd

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The Tao Jones posted:

DC = Dreamworks

Marvel = Pixar

Dare you to post that in the comic book movie thread in CineD

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
i was actually looking forward to this until the op posted that video. gently caress

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Dare you to post that in the comic book movie thread in CineD

what why, do they love dreamworks or hate marvel?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
that is, for real, one of the shittiest trailers ive ever seen. Im loving crushed right now. i wanted this movie to be good so bad

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

babypolis posted:

what why, do they love dreamworks or hate marvel?

Both

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Germstore posted:

Can't believe they aren't giving the character the seriousness she deserves.

Indeed

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
i hope at the end of the movie will smith reveals he was the man in black and makes everyone forget the last 2 hours because gently caress.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I closed the tab when the emo song came on.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Ghost Head posted:

i hope at the end of the movie will smith reveals he was the man in black and makes everyone forget the last 2 hours because gently caress.

I hope he gets the chance to play a gay character, just once.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I might be in the minority that thinks it doesn't look that bad. Not particularly good, but not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

honestly, he would probably embrace it and get nominated for a well deserved academy award. Instead, we should be concentrating on how poo poo this loving suicide squad film will be.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

My issue is Killer Croc. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Is a fine actor but they really should have done a CGI monster for him instead of make up. Like Hulk in Avengers. He could still do the voice.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

lol if you can name all of the members of the suicide squad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I was kinda hoping this would be like bad in a batshit insane way and not a boring-looking cheap looks-like-a-TV-show way

dangit DC

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

midnightclimax posted:

he already did

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
The DC TV-verse is really incredible and makes the stupid suicide squad look like a bunch of poser bullshit. I want the "legends of tomorrow" stuff included with the movie universe.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
that show looks stupid

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I didn't even know they all had names.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Gaunab posted:

that show looks stupid

like the head your mom gives

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Head posted:

I hope that the end of the movie is a will smith rap during the credits

bonus points if its wild wild west for some reason

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ghost Head posted:

The DC TV-verse is really incredible and makes the stupid suicide squad look like a bunch of poser bullshit. I want the "legends of tomorrow" stuff included with the movie universe.

They're doing a TV show where Captain Cold fights Vandal Savage.

Meanwhile, the DC movie division has produced... that.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I will have an honest crack at this: Harley Quin, Diablo, Dr. Boomerang, Killer Crocodile, Deadshot, Katana, Joker, Enchantress. How did I do?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

I didn't even know they all had names.

One of them is named Captain Boomerang.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ghost Head posted:

I will have an honest crack at this: Harley Quin, Diablo, Dr. Boomerang, Killer Crocodile, Deadshot, Katana, Joker, Enchantress. How did I do?

boom boom boom posted:

and it's just Killer Croc.

So overall, A-

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

A step up for DC. Surprised he's not named Bommerangman

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I'm fairly loving proud of myself it has to be said. I don't even read any comics. i guess the marketing is pretty good if i already know the characters for this poo poo movie with a bunch of DOA B villains who are basically only there to hold us over until the justice league movie comes out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

boom boom boom posted:

He plays Deadshot, an assassin who has a daughter.

He just wants to do right by his daughter, so he kills people for money.

Also he's estranged from his daughter, because he's a remorseless murderer, but that just makes him work harder at his job of killing people, so he can do right by his daughter

So yeah, he's a pretty sympathetic, morally gray character that you can really root for.

I am fairly certain this is accurate for almost every role Will Smith has had in the past 10 years if you make a few adjustments

quote:

He plays Robert Neville, a scientist who has a doggie.

He just wants to do right by humanity, so he kills infected in hopes of finding a cure.

Also he's estranged from humanity, because of the apocalypse, but that just makes him work harder at his job of searching for a cure, so he can do right by humanity

quote:

He plays Cypher Raige, a future-army general who has a son.

He just wants to do right by his son, so he kills aliens for humanity.

Also he's estranged from his son, because he's a remorseless murderer (it's literally his superpower, the inability to feel fear), but that just makes him work harder at his job of killing aliens so he can do right by his son

quote:

He plays John Hancock, a super hero with a bad attitude who has a new family.

He just wants to do right by his new family, so he saves people for fame.

Also he's estranged from his new family, because he has a bad attitude, but that just makes him work harder at his job of saving people, so he can do right by his new family

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

So is Will Smith a bad guy or not

Cuz he sure is acting like not a bad guy in this trailer, and that is lame as gently caress

I'm glad someone else noticed this

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Ghost Head posted:

Ok!, who?, who? eh, umm..., who?, YEAH!, who??

My biggest problem with this movie is that they really should have introduced these characters in other films and built up to the big Suicide Squad team up film. I don't know who the gently caress these people are and I don't care. Or if they weren't so stupid their TV and Movie universes would be the same and a few could have been introduced on TV but I guess having three separate TV universes is cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Will Smith is a good actor but I'm convinced that by this point in his career his PR people just plain will not let him portray an actual bad guy that is not sympathetic in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Harley Quin: medicine woman is a film I would watch. Not sure about this one though

• Locked thread