Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The moral of the story is that it's probably better to be a smash mouth than an @fart, which is to say chill enough that you can have some fun at your own expense even if someone else will see you as a joke, and that it is much lamer to develop a personality dependent on always being the allstar of cool detachment and ironic wit. In order to be fun to be around sometimes you are the one who has to eat the eggs, and if you fight that you will only be left with egg on your face. Also, exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Moon Atari posted:

The moral of the story is that it's probably better to be a smash mouth than an @fart, which is to say chill enough that you can have some fun at your own expense even if someone else will see you as a joke, and that it is much lamer to develop a personality dependent on always being the allstar of cool detachment and ironic wit. In order to be fun to be around sometimes you are the one who has to eat the eggs, and if you fight that you will only be left with egg on your face. Also, exercise.

Owned by Smash Mouth, the most pathetic defeat

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moon Atari posted:

hahaha!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I'm the kid in the Ohio State sweater.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
What is FYAD?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Is that Shmorky?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
what the gently caress is an orb dad

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I think a more apropos question to ask, OP, is why does anyone ever do anything at all?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
wait is he the fat gently caress who made those books nobody bought or is he the other fat gently caress?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious frankie posted:

I think a more apropos question to ask, OP, is why does anyone ever do anything at all?

I go, “Why did you do this?” He goes, [stoner voice] “I dunno. I was just bored.” I go, “What!?”

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

john mouth eat the eggs

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Enfield posted:

I go, “Why did you do this?” He goes, [stoner voice] “I dunno. I was just bored.” I go, “What!?”

sick burn brah

also, your comment

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Enfield posted:

I'm saying that, if you ask truly difficult existential questions of yourself, instead of asking basic questions to the ghostly memory of a sensitive plus size boy with delicate hands, then maybe you will discover something about yourself that you can invest into your life, you job and, yes, your posting.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Somebody post the front page article he did like two weeks after the eggvent where it is painfully obvious just how embarrassed he was by the whole ordeal.....I mean, it effected him on a deep, fundamental level. I don't know if Japans spirit was a crushed by two nukes as @farts was by a little horseplay with a shark mascot

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm saying that, if you ask truly difficult existential questions of yourself, instead of asking basic questions to the ghostly memory of a sensitive plus size boy with delicate hands, then maybe you will discover something about yourself that you can invest into your life, you job and, yes, your posting.

:staredog:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

fun fact: docevil was the funniest thing ever produced by fyad even if he is a socially awkard chubby phone zoned motha fucka

ive said it before and ill say it again make drilldo squirt unprobatable by any IK its what the pastel forums deserve

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the awkwardness in that video is so thick you can eat it with a spoon. it's even painful to watch

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

TwoFire posted:

wait is he the fat gently caress who made those books nobody bought or is he the other fat gently caress?

other one, he made star trek gifs

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

A Stupid Baby posted:

oh then guess i dont care \_(ツ)_/

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
What is the current opinion of the six remaining 'yad posters on Hendren's Shame

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

A Stupid Baby posted:

You know what they say about star trek fans

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

How is this not a forums smiley?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Yesss. This would go perfectly with any kind of edgy irony post.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Xaris posted:

the awkwardness in that video is so thick you can eat it with a spoon. it's even painful to watch

bad

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Vim Fuego posted:

A female hendren

sorry im 4 pages late but holy poo poo docevil passes better than i expected

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a starwar betamax posted:

Somebody post the front page article he did like two weeks after the eggvent where it is painfully obvious just how embarrassed he was by the whole ordeal.....I mean, it effected him on a deep, fundamental level. I don't know if Japans spirit was a crushed by two nukes as @farts was by a little horseplay with a shark mascot

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/smash-mouth-eats/

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

well alright !

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A Stupid Baby posted:

fun fact: docevil was the funniest thing ever produced by fyad even if he is a socially awkard chubby phone zoned motha fucka

Legit, he deserves pride of place in the writer's room for a sitcom or a comedian who has less wit but more charisma.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Moon Atari posted:

Legit, he deserves pride of place in the writer's room for a sitcom or a comedian who has less wit but more charisma.

so basically dave foley in reverse

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

its incredible how being a smart cool handsome badboy on the internet does not translate into real life worth a dick

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

If I can change gears for a bit, can you tell me about the time you ate 24 eggs for charity?

Smashmouth: I couldn’t even get loving 10 of them down. Guy Fieri, a buddy of mine, put everything but the eggs in the drat thing. I was on fire. It looked like somebody took a big poo poo on a loving plate of eggs. I was dying.

But you know what? After the whole thing was done, the kid that actually started this Twitter thing, came up with this loving egg-eating contest, he walks up to me. He was a little gamer kid, some kid that sits in his bedroom playing Call of Duty all day long. Him and his buddies were just sitting around, and I think they were huffing paint or something that day because they were all high as a kite. Little teenage kids. I go, “Why did you do this?” He goes, [stoner voice] “I dunno. I was just bored.” I go, “What!?” But hey, it loving raised $10,000 and we matched it and it was for a good cause. An actual friend of mine who grew up around the corner from me showed up. I hadn’t seen him for 20 years. And he actually, I kind of passed the baton—or passed the fork, I would say—and he finished the eggs for me. We had a really good time. It was really cool.

this is fake right? if so, is there a real interview somewhere?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
love that dismissive quote by the smash mouth guy and hope it is real

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Amorphous Blob posted:

its incredible how being a smart cool handsome badboy on the internet does not translate into real life worth a dick

I googled the first sentence and it looks like that's real:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/smash-mouth-interview

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Was docevil stoned? That makes it slightly less awkward?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Amorphous Blob posted:

lmao

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

ArbitraryC posted:

I googled the first sentence and it looks like that's real:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/smash-mouth-interview

Harwell sounds like he rips on his bros pretty harsh so maybe calling Jon a painthuffing twerp is a compliment?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

RaceBannon posted:

Was docevil stoned?

iirc he was more of an internet research chem kind of guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbpt6Xposlo&t=138s