Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

he coulda just taken a big bite and laughed and said how spicy it was but instead he got chumped by a shark

maybe he was sad and pissy that smash mouth didnt eat all 24 eggs himself? like it would have been WAY funnier if mr mouth sat down and ate like 6 of them and then went home with a take out box of 18 eggs and had to eat the rest over the course of a couple of days like abe did with his fruit hat? well too fuckin bad sonny its turned into a spectacle with a goofy celebrity chef and a crowd and you shoulda smiled and eaten a goddamn egg

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Affe mk2 posted:

this is the only gayer than what really happened

not as gay as you

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

the original eggs challenge was just a quirky way for jon to have a dinner date with his teen idol and it all fell apart when guy fieri cock blocked him

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

you know if they had brought emeril in instead it would have really set the mood

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Steve Harwell: Hey now allstar I got a couple of eggs for you to eat *unzips fly to reveal peen and balls**

Jonathan "doctor fart" Evil: *blushes into phone*

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

its incredible how being a smart cool handsome badboy on the internet does not translate into real life worth a dick

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

If I can change gears for a bit, can you tell me about the time you ate 24 eggs for charity?

Smashmouth: I couldn’t even get loving 10 of them down. Guy Fieri, a buddy of mine, put everything but the eggs in the drat thing. I was on fire. It looked like somebody took a big poo poo on a loving plate of eggs. I was dying.

But you know what? After the whole thing was done, the kid that actually started this Twitter thing, came up with this loving egg-eating contest, he walks up to me. He was a little gamer kid, some kid that sits in his bedroom playing Call of Duty all day long. Him and his buddies were just sitting around, and I think they were huffing paint or something that day because they were all high as a kite. Little teenage kids. I go, “Why did you do this?” He goes, [stoner voice] “I dunno. I was just bored.” I go, “What!?” But hey, it loving raised $10,000 and we matched it and it was for a good cause. An actual friend of mine who grew up around the corner from me showed up. I hadn’t seen him for 20 years. And he actually, I kind of passed the baton—or passed the fork, I would say—and he finished the eggs for me. We had a really good time. It was really cool.

this is fake right? if so, is there a real interview somewhere?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I googled the first sentence and it looks like that's real:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/smash-mouth-interview

Harwell sounds like he rips on his bros pretty harsh so maybe calling Jon a painthuffing twerp is a compliment?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

dam i hope i can be this cool someday.

god everytime goons try something like this it blows up in their face and makes the other guys look great. were like low tier power rangers villains

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

corpuscollossus posted:

This is why the internet should never leave the bedroom.

"did you ever the narwhal bacon?"

"..what the hell?!"

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

TwoFire posted:

HELLO! its called dust?

sir, this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

mods ch-change my name to david grohl coverband. m-mod ch-change my name to shaquilo neals vape pen m-m-mods change my name to denzle joshington mmmmmmoooooods give me the name burger qween 666 hey mods can i get the name lil guy and the d man

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

well id love to join in on the fun that people paid thousands of dollars to make happen but im busy changing a guys name to jnco inferno

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

if you have archives and check out old fyad most of it is all caps gently caress YOU FAG BLASTER flaming and i guess at some point they picked up "weird humour"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

Released in 1999, Smash mouth's hit song All Star includes a verse referencing global warming, making it an early pop cultural pioneer in discussing the looming environmental crisis. Although, it must be pointed out, it somewhat conflates global warming with CFC induced ozone depletion, which was a more well known concern at the time.

Moon Atari posted:

Smash Mouth's debut single, the chart topping 'Walkin' on the Sun' (1997), includes a second verse dedicated first to praising the hippie movement then to criticising its end result, with the implication being that even those who resisted selling out were still ultimately replaced by a younger generation who adopted the movement as a fashion statement - with none of the political conviction. The final verse prophetically warns of the effect the Bush presidency would come to have and advises the listener to take action before it is too late.

These quotes make Smash Mouth look like some sort of prophetic entity. I bet there's something about 9/11 and the Iraq war in one of their songs.

• Locked thread