Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It's probably cheating since it's late in the season and this is like betting on the chalk but if the patriots don't go 19-0 I'll pay for a fancy dinner of a poster of whatever team beats us. Ex: if the Bills beat us I'll buy you a hooters gift card. OR if you'd rather that money go to charity I will only donate half to charity

Editbut I also get to choose what you eat

Getting ready for some giftcards to a place that sells Skyline chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It's probably cheating since it's late in the season and this is like betting on the chalk but if the patriots don't go 19-0 I'll pay for a fancy dinner of a poster of whatever team beats us. Ex: if the Bills beat us I'll buy you a hooters gift card. OR if you'd rather that money go to charity I will only donate half to charity

In honor of Rex Ryan's obesity I'll accept this honor should my Bills beat your monsterous team

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
4 Ring I hope your gamboling improves because Ditka's isn't cheap.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Drinks included?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I'll put my name in for the Broncos. Besides if the Patriots win I have to eat Clam Chowder, which is its own special kind of hell.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Drinks included?

Depends. I'll probably just do $100 or something I haven't really thought But if loving some gross city like Cincinnati beats us their getting a sloppy bowl of chili

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I'll put my name in for the Broncos. Besides if the Patriots win I have to eat Clam Chowder, which is its own special kind of hell.

And
I get to choose the poster of whatever teamu. Either my most hated or loved poster of that team will get it

And the Broncos aren't beating the Pateiots don't insult me

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 14, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

So you double arent getting it. Realistically no one is getting it because we're going 19-0 and then 19-0 again next year :toxx: that too. So you all owe me dinner, I'll have my victory tour in your cities in a duck boat being carried by mcmagic

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I've also got a TOXX that involves a standard Boston meal. If the Bengals win the super bowl this season I will drink 1.5L of my own piss live on stream

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If the Bills beat the patriots i will take a poo poo on eatin shrimp

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

What. Clam chowder from a quality sea food restaurant is delicious.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

I've also got a TOXX that involves a standard Boston meal. If the Bengals win the super bowl this season I will drink 1.5L of my own piss live on stream

The piss is probably the better choice between it and lumpy cum with oyster crackers.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

Definitely looking forward to this.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

YMB posted:

In honor of wheez and in support of my lord Chip Kelly, I will go live on the internet and take [16 - (Eagles Regular Season Wins)] shots of the most disgusting liquor TFF goons (preferably a Cowboys fan) can dream up for me, within [3 - (Number of QBs that Start a Game For The Eagles)] hours. I will then remain available live on the internet for however long you decide to pester me and I will take requests both mundane and bizarre. If the Eagles go 16-0, I'm taking all 16 shots.

I'll also donate $50.00 to a charity that doesn't suck if the Eagles win a playoff game.\

:toxx:

:smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jeppson's Malort is still my recommendation

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
wtf did I toxx this year?

Chilichimp posted:

Repeatin' my Toxx from last year.

If Rashed Hageman gets 10+ sacks in 2015, I'm buying his Jersey for me and Shath hole :toxx:

If The Falcons Finish the year with 50+ sacks, I'll donate 100 dollars to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta :toxx:

Looks like I'm gonna be safe. They don't even play Hageman on passing downs and I think the Falcons are dead loving last in sacks.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 16, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I don't have any Bucs jerseys so I'll look for an excuse to get one. If they finish 7-9 or better I'll get a Mike Evans jersey. If they finish with a winning record (9-7 or better) I'll get a Mike Evans AND a Jameis Winston jersey.

I really don't want a Jameis jersey.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

I don't have any Bucs jerseys so I'll look for an excuse to get one. If they finish 7-9 or better I'll get a Mike Evans jersey. If they finish with a winning record (9-7 or better) I'll get a Mike Evans AND a Jameis Winston jersey.

I really don't want a Jameis jersey.

So don't buy one, dick.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

NC-17 posted:

I've had chowder at literally thousands of places, and I've found this one:

http://www.hemenwaysrestaurant.com/

as being the place I go back to time and time again.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sambuka or death

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

NC-17 posted:

Is there quality seafood to be found in Denver? Aside from the Rocky Mountain Oysters, of course.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

YMB posted:

In honor of wheez and in support of my lord Chip Kelly, I will go live on the internet and take [16 - (Eagles Regular Season Wins)] shots of the most disgusting liquor TFF goons (preferably a Cowboys fan) can dream up for me, within [3 - (Number of QBs that Start a Game For The Eagles)] hours. I will then remain available live on the internet for however long you decide to pester me and I will take requests both mundane and bizarre. If the Eagles go 16-0, I'm taking all 16 shots.

I'll also donate $50.00 to a charity that doesn't suck if the Eagles win a playoff game.\

Plastic bottle triple sec seems the worst I can think of right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

CannonFodder posted:

Is there quality seafood to be found in Denver? Aside from the Rocky Mountain Oysters, of course.

If you consider aquatic fowl to be seafood, they've got a lot of floating ducks out there.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Maxwells Demon posted:

Plastic bottle triple sec seems the worst I can think of right now.

There have to be some really disgusting Schnapps or vodka flavors out there. Some sort of 100 proof abomination with artificial bacon flavor that just lingers and lingers...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

13 year old girls posted:

in the vein of how I ended up with this username after the 2013 NHL playoffs, if the New England Asterisks fail to secure 12 wins in the upcoming season, I will graciously accept and pay for a terrible humiliating username/title/avatar combo. I'll keep that combo until at least the end of the 2016 regular season. :toxx:

goes to the first person to either claim the rights to choose my fate or the first person to remember this poo poo in December lol

EDIT: crazy catchall - if nobody claims it and/or nobody remembers and I DON'T make it obvious in some way that my toxx hasn't been fulfilled in an attempt to hide it, I will be banned

we're gonna up the loving game. since the new england patriots are gonna go 19-0 like we already established, here's my bet.

The Patriots will make it to Super Bowl 50 and win. If they don't, the above quoted goes into effect. And also if they don't get 12 wins, but they will lol. :toxx:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I stand with 13 year old girls. The Pats are going 19 and owns this season. Brady's homecoming (he's a Bay Boy, just like me) will be glorious and he will make the Niners regret not drafting him.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I stand with 13 year old girls.

seems like kindof an odd thing to come clean about

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chichevache posted:

I stand with 13 year old girls. The Pats are going 19 and owns this season.

What does one thing have to do with the other

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WugLyfe posted:

seems like kindof an odd thing to come clean about

Seems kind of odd that I even need to come clean about it. Like they say in Washington, "if there's no grass on the field, paint the sand green and try not to tear an ACL."

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Toxx Fulfillment Part II: Now I get how Andy Reid so fat.

Whelp, now that we got rid of old noodle arm I can finally finish my final Toxx fulfillment of the year, until we play New England next week. Last week the Broncos lost to Kansas City, which could be worse as I have to only suffer through KC BBQ; if they had lost to Chicago yesterday and I had to eat deep dish pizza you would be reading an obituary. I am a little disappointed that last week that we were so close to WugLyfe having to enjoy a NY Strip steak, and I could have enjoyed not doing this drat Toxx if I had just picked the Carolina Panthers.

On to the food...

$16. Sixteen loving dollars for some chopped pork and sausage on a plate the size of a coaster. Is this why KC is in an economic crisis? And to top it off, the sauces...

...have nothing to do with KC. Here, have some Carolina sauce for your KC pork, or try another city's sauce that will cover the mediocre flavor of our meat. The hot wasn't hot, the sweet not very sweet, and there is no way in poo poo I am touching anything from Georgia. Anything good ever come from Georgia? Peaches? gently caress you!

From the sound of this you might think this meal sucked. Au Contraieire (sp?). The potato salad was smooth and delicious, the slaw nice and spicy, the links pretty drat flavorful, and the pork tender. My problem with this meal was that this postage-stamp sized sampling of food was probably over 3,000 calories (which explains Romeo Crennel's problem). Forget cheat day, more like cheat week in one meal. Back to 8 straight meals of kale chips and my own tears to keep this slender, mediocre, doughy American frame looking barely passable.

Topped the night off with some trivia at a bar. We took third place because gently caress me if I can remember who wrote Orinoco Flow. Did you know that the word "set" has the most definitions in the dictionary at 464? Neither did I, and now no matter how hard I try to forget that I never loving will ever loving again. That little nugget of information is taking place of something more important, like 6th grade chemistry. Just kidding, no one remembers poo poo from 6th grade. If it sounds like I am pissed, that is because it is 11 in the morning and I should drinking at the bar like a true Irishman but I am here writing this poo poo instead. And I am even more depressed that I will be doing it again next week.

gently caress Boston.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

^^^^^TFC, that poo poo sounds nasty as hell lol

Parm's Toxx Updates:

1. Alex Smith is 1074 yards from 3500. He has six games to hit a new career high in yards thrown and then I'll start getting hit with probies.
2. Alex Smith has only one game over 300 yards so I've only shut up about him for one week.
3. Alex Smith has only one completed pass that went for over thirty yards in the air. That was my donation to Doctors without Borders.

Lesson learned: Always bet against Alex Smith.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If the Falcons win even one more game this season, I'll buy the cheapest Buccs Jersey available (of the correct size) on nfl.com for Joey Freshwater.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

If the Falcons win even one more game this season, I'll buy the cheapest Buccs Jersey available (of the correct size) on nfl.com for Joey Freshwater.

Said it in the other thread but this is crazy. If you're really going to stick to it, though, donate the money to charity instead. I already have enough Bucs jerseys I don't wear.

Barber, Dunn, Brad Johnson, Freeman, Simeon Rice and Brandon McDonald (he was a safety from Memphis who has my same name, I couldn't not buy it)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Said it in the other thread but this is crazy. If you're really going to stick to it, though, donate the money to charity instead. I already have enough Bucs jerseys I don't wear.

Barber, Dunn, Brad Johnson, Freeman, Simeon Rice and Brandon McDonald (he was a safety from Memphis who has my same name, I couldn't not buy it)

Alright, fine, it was just meant to outline the level of despair anyway.

For the record, looks like you'd have wound up with a Mark Barron Jersey :barf:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 24, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

So you double arent getting it. Realistically no one is getting it because we're going 19-0 and then 19-0 again next year :toxx: that too. So you all owe me dinner, I'll have my victory tour in your cities in a duck boat being carried by mcmagic

you come to memphis and im buyin your rear end some bbq and we're going to tunica for loc'd out gambling

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Oh it's on my mans

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Chichevache posted:

Jeppson's Malort is still my recommendation

Malort is the one true option. Every single time I'm at the bar and somebody says they've never had Malort, you can be drat sure I buy a round.

I've had so much of it that I actually kinda like it now.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Aight, so a post before Sunday then.

any links to Colorado staples that aren't Papa John's, Qdoba, Boston Market (lol) would be helpful.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

WugLyfe posted:

any links to Colorado staples that aren't Papa John's, Qdoba, Boston Market (lol) would be helpful.

Chipotle.

Hope you don't die.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

WugLyfe posted:

Not much different, but Red Robin is HQ'd in Colorado, as is Old Chicago, Rock Bottom and others under some big rear end corporate umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Some money stuff came up so my Jameis/Evans Jersey toxx deadline is the draft. I'll probably have it by the Super Bowl but I'm gonna play it safe.

I'm so close to being 100% debt free and I won't let Jameis keep me in debt longer than I need to be.

These will be the official ones that are like $100 or whatever though.

• Locked thread