Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Show us where you sit when you're driving! Have you done anything to enhance or modify the cockpit to make it work better? Is there a better word to use than cockpit?

This is my 2002 Jeep Wrangler - I added a CB, phone mount, dash cam, a stereo with bluetooth (by far the best addition), some switches that still aren't attached to anything, and the shifter knob is from the first motor I ever took apart (Honda elite 80). The hood vents are from a LeBaron and I don't know how much they help with heat but I really like how they look while I'm driving :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm not home, so I can't take a picture yet, but I am so excited to post in this thread. I love my dash.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Ladies and gentleboners, your standard 2008 Nissan Maxima.

...and your standard 2008 Ford Focus

I LOVE the Maxima's design. The buttons are easy to read and easy to operation by feel alone. The Focus is awful in comparison.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I poo poo you not, I've thought about posting this very thread before :)

The GMC - I need to finish putting the interior together and take a proper pano in the daylight.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

E46 in all its gory. I reckon it's a high watermark in interior design, certainly in BMW terms.

185,000 miles of commuting, being a work truck, carrying logs, eating and occasionally sleeping in have taken a toll on mine, though, and it's over a year since it got anything more than a occasional binning of coffee cups.

Anybody needing a phone mount tho, those vent clips are brilliant, cheap and not too ugly.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

stump posted:

E46 in all its gory. I reckon it's a high watermark in interior design, certainly in BMW terms.

185,000 miles of commuting, being a work truck, carrying logs, eating and occasionally sleeping in have taken a toll on mine, though, and it's over a year since it got anything more than a occasional binning of coffee cups.

Anybody needing a phone mount tho, those vent clips are brilliant, cheap and not too ugly.

This is beautiful - It looks very well thought out. I think your pictures got flipped horizontally when you uploaded them though haha, your wheel is on the wrong side!

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

Astonishing Wang posted:

This is beautiful - It looks very well thought out. I think your pictures got flipped horizontally when you uploaded them though haha, your wheel is on the wrong side!

I think his wheel is on the wrong side - the BMW text on the wheel isn't mirrored.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Sorry, that was a bad joke. Poorly executed and poorly thought out.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

It is basically this: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/02/ford_recall_software_bug/

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's a poo poo picture but with the amount of effort it took to cram my tall fat crippled rear end into the 'why did they even bother' back seat, close the door and then get out again I'm not wasting it and I'm drat well not doing it again.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
poo poo, i think i did it wrong.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Tommychu posted:

It's a poo poo picture but with the amount of effort it took to cram my tall fat crippled rear end into the 'why did they even bother' back seat, close the door and then get out again I'm not wasting it and I'm drat well not doing it again.

That makes me nostalgic for my 95, especially since I haven't seen the inside of one since I traded it in like 12 years ago. It looks really good for the age too and I never would have expected the cupholder to have survived that long.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It's a 92 with 100k km, so it was basically a garage queen most of its life (and it shows in the suspension bushings and seals). It does have the infamous center dash vent cracking though and the seats are pretty hosed because what is this 'leather conditioner' thing you speak of.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Here's the interior of my 2010 Renault Mégane. It may be dull and boring but the seats are nice and comfy and the buttons are well placed.

Here's a non panoramic one because I'm a bad shot:

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Not panoramic but wide-ish angle:

and dash closeup. That giant screen is awesome and it'd be hard to ever downgrade to analog again.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm confused over the panoramic requirementioned in the title.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Jymmybob posted:

Not panoramic but wide-ish angle:

What kind of car is that? I like what I can see for those seats and I think I like that insturment cluster, but the shiny plastic and faux metal just take it backwards.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I miss driving this car so much :( not pictured; the engine bay completely gutted

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
A view that (with the addition of a cage or taximeter) millions and millions Americans have each year:

E: excuse my phone picture taking skills

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

slidebite posted:

What kind of car is that? I like what I can see for those seats and I think I like that insturment cluster, but the shiny plastic and faux metal just take it backwards.

SRT Jeep GC. The interior's really nice overall. The trim is all real carbon fiber, the dash is contrast stitched black leather, the seats are super soft leather, and all the plastic is matte or soft touch. Oddly enough, what looks like a cheap plastic on the lower steering wheel is actually metal which can be annoying when it's cold since it doesn't get heated immediately like the leather parts of the wheel. Overall it's nicer my previous S4 and on par with our incoming Macan. The drivetrain is something else though :getin:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Jymmybob posted:

SRT Jeep GC. The interior's really nice overall. The trim is all real carbon fiber, the dash is contrast stitched black leather, the seats are super soft leather, and all the plastic is matte or soft touch. Oddly enough, what looks like a cheap plastic on the lower steering wheel is actually metal which can be annoying when it's cold since it doesn't get heated immediately like the leather parts of the wheel. Overall it's nicer my previous S4 and on par with our incoming Macan. The drivetrain is something else though :getin:

My boss has a new Jeep GC with basically the same interior (minus the SRT specific stuff like the carbon fiber) and it is really surprisingly nice. The seats are very comfortable and supportive and it corners amazingly flat for an SUV.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Hey its a jeep.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nobody clean their interiors before taking the picture that's cheating :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:japan:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

It's very roomy, but somewhat lacking in features.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Forgive the slightly dodgy panoramic photo.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Someone post a panoramic of a early 90's honda prelude dash tia

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PaintVagrant posted:

Someone post a panoramic of a early 90's honda prelude dash tia

This is the best i have in my dropbox until i get home and take a new pic

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Protocol7 posted:

This is the best i have in my dropbox until i get home and take a new pic

TAKE IT, TAKE IT HARD AND POST IT HARD

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Ok, here you go:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Dash is so 90s. Love it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Panawhat now?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Protocol7 posted:

Ok, here you go:

4th gen?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

88h88 posted:

4th gen?

Sure is! I hear 3rd gens have similar interiors but I've not actually been close enough to a working 3rd gen to check.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

High quality Ford interior.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

thebigcow posted:

High quality Ford interior.

Kermit the knob, here!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Astonishing Wang posted:

Kermit the knob, here!

Holy poo poo :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
1990 Porsche 944 S2.
I tried to do a panoramic shot, I really did, but between my hand being shaky, and the fact that the last time I sat in a transaxle Porsche's rear seats was when I was 8, I had to pop open the hatch and take a trio of pictures.

Only modifications to the interior would be the Momo steering wheel as the OEM one is ugly as well as too loving big, and a stick-on phone holder on the dashboard itself. ...as the window rake is too shallow and there was no way to have my S6 fit on there.

Easily one of my favorite interiors. Especially when you consider that this interior was introduced nearly 30 years ago.

• Locked thread