Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol Greek hitler is so dark and tan that a Slavic skinhead stomped him for whistling at a blonde woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm Greek Hitler AMA.

foreskin, pro or anti?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
- Let Ottoman Sultan rule Greece again
- Forbid usury
- Recruit the unemployed and immigrants as janissaries.

Problem solved. No Hitler nonsense required.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Pinning austerity to the deal is mainly for the narrative: if the Greeks accept austerity, they are de facto conceding that the problem was "irresponsible spending" on things like social welfare and basically all of the band aids for when capitalism starts leaking because the only other alternatives to admit there is something inherently tong with the capitalist system and omg that means we need to go back and read Marx and repent for our sins

Demanding that a country meets its obligations and keeps to a stable budget: A terrible crime.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
this thread is like a good version of D&D, congrats. shut em down, they are obsolete now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Demanding that a country meets its obligations and keeps to a stable budget: A terrible crime.

Christian Democrats should all be summarily executed.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, obligations borne out and made by countries that have far more leverage due to having economies that are not dependent on tourism and/or dairy and olive oil exports.

It reeks of "bootstrap yourselves", just keep a stable budget and it will all be good! Systems is rigged against Greece, it will never be good in this day and age.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

gritler will turn things around

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Hi Greek Hitler here. Currently an under appreciated writer, will get rejected soon and go crazy.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Broenheim posted:

Hi Greek Hitler here. Currently an under appreciated writer, will get rejected soon and go crazy.

Greek hitler keeps trying to submit his anime fanfic to publishers.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
modern day hitler would def. be an indie game developer

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

kickstart my game or i will become greek hitler

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
toga party

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

steinrokkan posted:

current hyper austerity policy goes directly against these goals and is aggressively punitive to the detriment of basically everybody european who isnt a bank hth

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Hmm I have thought literally not at all about the situation so enforcing austerity to inhibit their ability to pay while destroying their society as a moralistic collective punishment sounds good to me :downs:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I love banks so much. The idea of banks being impervious to the fundamental risks of lending money gives me a huge boner. I will always defend banking institutions, especially when they tender loans knowing the recipient will be unable to pay. The detriment of the general public for the sake of banks is cool and good.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hogge Wild posted:

modern day hitler would def. be an indie game developer

Is Phil Fish Greek? :ohdear:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ANGRYGREEK posted:

Yes, obligations borne out and made by countries that have far more leverage due to having economies that are not dependent on tourism and/or dairy and olive oil exports.

It reeks of "bootstrap yourselves", just keep a stable budget and it will all be good! Systems is rigged against Greece, it will never be good in this day and age.

Multiple Greek governments lied to get loans from other countries, spent the money on non-productive import subsidies (because it bought votes) instead on investments, now they cry about odious debt. loving adorable. Greece has decades of corruption and fraud behind it, of course it won't be easy for them now that the bubble burst (again).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Hmm I have thought literally not at all about the situation so enforcing austerity to inhibit their ability to pay while destroying their society as a moralistic collective punishment sounds good to me :downs:

What precisely was Greece doing prior to the austerity programme that was helping their ability to pay? Bloated government spending that was backed entirely by foreign loans is what got them into the shitter, I guess you propose it should continue to keep the Greeks happy? Not to mention the Greeks are still doing far better than their neighbours without being visibly better at anything.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Multiple Greek governments lied to get loans from other countries, spent the money on non-productive import subsidies (because it bought votes) instead on investments, now they cry about odious debt. loving adorable. Greece has decades of corruption and fraud behind it, of course it won't be easy for them now that the bubble burst (again).

they got loans from banks, many of which were the same they paid to cook their books for them. governments got involved after the fact to bail out the banks.

yeah better punish some pensioners and destroy the greek economy while those actually responsible never pay a dime and get off scott free. :downs:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ambrose Burnside posted:

current hyper austerity policy goes directly against these goals and is aggressively punitive to the detriment of basically everybody european who isnt a bank hth

Greek governments have, under so-called austerity, borrowed tens of billions more Euro and spent them without making even token effort to reform their finances, continuing the death spiral of borrowing for short term consumer purposes, the exact structural problem that impoverished Latin America.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

we need a run down of the current golden dawn mps so we can figure out which one is most likely to be greek hitler

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nuclearmonkee posted:

yeah better punish some pensioners and destroy the greek economy while those actually responsible never pay a dime and get off scott free. :downs:

A country that produces little can't expect to maintain payment transfers that are, within the context of Greek economic performance, exorbitant.

The other stuff is conspiracy theories without any basis.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

steinrokkan posted:

Greek governments have, under so-called austerity, borrowed tens of billions more Euro and spent them without making even token effort to reform their finances, continuing the death spiral of borrowing for short term consumer purposes, the exact structural problem that impoverished Latin America.

lmao yes with ~90% of bailout payments not even entering greece and going directly to creditors, those dastardly greeks are just squandering their bailout on pensions at age 34 and not privatizing everything in existence

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
austerity patently cant work + is extraordinarily counterproductive in this situation and everybody who doesnt stand to profit is openly acknowledging this, even noted vampires of the third world the IMF, if youre gonna make the case for it at least come out and say that it's just cause you want those fatcat greek pensioners to pay and dont pretend its just the Rational And Fair Paying Of Debts

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Nuclearmonkee posted:

they got loans from banks, many of which were the same they paid to cook their books for them. governments got involved after the fact to bail out the banks.

actually those pensioners didn't pay taxes but yes the whole thing is a loving human tragedy because in the end it's the common people of greece that will suffer for this

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Adolphos Hitlapadopoulos

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

A country that produces little can't expect to maintain payment transfers that are, within the context of Greek economic performance, exorbitant.

The other stuff is conspiracy theories without any basis.

Yeah definitely conspiracy stuff and not covered by major news organizations :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/business/global/14debt.html?pagewanted=all

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

King Vidiot posted:

Is Phil Fish Greek? :ohdear:

no he's canadian hitler and he wants to put all the poors in concentration camps

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
if the debt were hypothetically forgiven and greece were left alone how long would it be before they were back in the exact same spot? What were the loans being used for in the first place and has that need gone away?

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
The fiscal conservative morality squad always places the burden on the borrower and never on the lender.

Bad loans? Yeah, those don't exist. Only debtors lie. Right guys? And it's not enough to let lenders and bad loans off the hook, we have to throw out any social or political context and suffer the children because borrowing money you can't pay back is evil (even though the entire global economy is built on lending and borrowing, and every single person in this forum has benefited from this arrangement).

And of course, instead of trying to fix the problem we can moralize and huff and puff about it. Greece will not pay back the debt, and Germany will be left holding the bag. All because the Christian Democrats and the financial technocrats would rather be "morally correct" in the protestant sense (ignoring their hypocrisy for a moment) than actually create a payment plan that is humane and workable. They would rather gut Greece and let it become a bigger problem for all of Europe, and never get paid off because of an inflexible view of economics. The children must suffer for the crimes of their parents, crimes that were actively encouraged by the rest of Europe back before the housing crisis tanked the global economy, and people started calling in the debts.

It doesn't matter how many times you say "Greece should have to pay back their debts!" It's not going to resolve the problem. But it makes you feel good, right? And it lets the banks off the hook, which is always a top priority.

Love Rat fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 17, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Love Rat posted:

The fiscal conservative morality squad always places the burden on the borrower and never on the lender.

Bad loans? Yeah, those don't exist. Only debtors lie. Right guys? And it's not enough to let lenders and bad loans off the hook, we have to throw out any social or political context and suffer the children because borrowing money you can't pay back is evil (even though the entire global economy is built on lending and borrowing, and every single person in this forum has benefited from this arrangement).

And of course, instead of trying to fix the problem we can moralize and huff and puff about it. Greece will not pay back the debt, and Germany will be left holding the bag. All because the Christian Democrats and the financial technocrats would rather be "morally correct" in the protestant sense (ignoring their hypocrisy for a moment) than actually create a payment plan that is humane and workable. They would rather gut Greece and let it become a bigger problem for all of Europe, and never get paid off because of an inflexible view of economics. The children must suffer for the crimes of their parents, crimes that were actively encouraged by lenders.

It doesn't matter how many times you say "Greece should have to pay back their debts!" It's not going to resolve the problem. But it makes you feel good, right? And it lets the banks off the hook, which is always a top priority.

Guys I signed a contract without reading it, it's not my fault.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Guys I signed a contract without reading it, it's not my fault.

Thanks for that perfect example of fiscal morality. Don't fix the problem that now exists, just wag your finger.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Love Rat posted:

Thanks for that perfect example of fiscal morality. Don't fix the problem that now exists, just wag your finger.

Please someone take responsibility for my 15 kids.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Love Rat posted:

another taint reaped

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Please someone take responsibility for my 15 kids.

Hey look, it's Mr. Strawman.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I made a bunch of bad and stupid decisions and I don't want to suffer consequences.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

The IMF posted:

I made a bunch of bad and stupid decisions and I don't want to suffer consequences.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I took a big steaming dump in the middle of the living room floor, won't someone clean it up? I couldn't be bothered to roll myself a few feet to the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

"I made a bunch of bad and stupid decisions and I don't want to suffer consequences."

-- Germany, when Greece doesn't make its payments.

Your move, Taint Reaper.

• Locked thread