Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
This weekend I got to see my best friend in the whole world for the first time since October. She spent the whole weekend at my house and we went to see Fall Out Boy in concert. It was the first concert either of us had ever been to and it was so awesome. We had the best 3 day weekend and she just left to go home. It's such a bittersweet moment but I can't wait until the next time I get to see her. I know it will be just as amazing. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I was kind of down about work and other stuff today but reading this thread made me smile and now I feel a lot better. :unsmith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This was technically last night, but my fiancee & I had a really nice dinner with my friend and her boyfriend and now we're all going to play tennis next week. Hooray friends :buddy:

mania
Sep 9, 2004
As I was leaving the daycare, one of the kids who was leaving at the same time asked "Can I hug you Miss (mania)?"

I said yes and we hugged :3:

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
A really nerdy white guy came in to work today. He had hair so blonde it was almost white, he was really awkward, and he was wearing a green shirt that said, "This is my green shirt." His phones rings and he answers, "Uh...hello? Oh!" AND PROCEEDS TO SPEAK IN FLUENT CANTONESE for like 5-10 mins. It made my day.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
So, not so much nice thing for me, but my gf had made up about 250 packages for the homeless folks in town. Socks, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc. We're out donating them to the various organizations today. :buddy: :feelsgood:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Found out there was a free BBQ lunch downtown today with my team.

I confiscated a giant lollipop.

Late addition: I learned that Mad Max: Fury Road is coming out on digital HD on 8/11 and blu-ray on 9/1. :perfect:

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Jul 22, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

HOLY gently caress posted:

I was kind of down about work and other stuff today but reading this thread made me smile and now I feel a lot better. :unsmith:

I hope today is going better for you!

Today I got my new iPad cover in the mail. It's pretty. :buddy:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I saw a pretty butterfly on a flower on my way to work this morning. :)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I saw a pretty good movie in an awesome old Art Deco theater.

atomic bassoon.
Apr 3, 2009
I got the feeling that I'm finally in a good mental place in my life and moving towards even better things. From someone who's struggled with depression and anxiety before this point, it's one of the best and more surreal emotions I've had for a long, long time.

Also, I had an amazing sandwich today.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I saw a really adorable video of a kitten trying to emulate its mother. :unsmith:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Doing a noon to 9:00 shift today, so I got to sleep in and get some errands done. I've now been at the office for nearly two hours and my boss still hasn't shown up, and I've finished all the work I had to do before I talk to him, so I have some spare time to screw around on the internet.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Got a hair cut from a pretty lady

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hope today is going better for you!

Today I got my new iPad cover in the mail. It's pretty. :buddy:

It is, thank you!

I am eating a fantastic cheese plate right now. :D

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My picky rear end cat actually loved the new healthier brand of wet food we bought her!! I was so worried she'd turn up her nose.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Was feeling too depressed to eat for the past couple of days. Now I'm reading other fora on SA and eating tortellini. It's the small victories.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I wrote a song about how beautiful my wife looked on our wedding day :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

peter gabriel posted:

I wrote a song about how beautiful my wife looked on our wedding day :3:

I read this post :kimchi:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I heard a song on my discover playlist that I had been trying to figure out for ages! Turns out it was Shark Fin Blues by The Drones. Anyway that's a weight off my mind.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I proposed yesterday!! Never thought I'd have this happen, so super excited.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vintimus Prime posted:

I proposed yesterday!! Never thought I'd have this happen, so super excited.

Congrats. Good luck to you!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I made ssambap that were pretty much half winging it because I had no kimchi, no food processor and no proper sushi-like rice, and they still turned out fuckin' good. I was really worried about serving them to my Ma who's here since I generally don't cook for anyone but me, but she just went back for seconds and told me they were really good :kimchi:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My boss cleaned the stairwell and leaned the dustpan up against the top step so I was finally able to see it's got a huge happy face embossed on it. I laughed super hard because it looks like it's going, "yay, I love to eat dirt!"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I watched a poorly-reviewed horror movie out of boredom and actually quite liked it!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Today I watched a poorly-reviewed horror movie out of boredom and actually quite liked it!

As a horror fan, which one? I'm genuinely curious. :allears:

Today was a good day for nachos. :D

VVVVVV I've never even heard of it. Ok then.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Jul 29, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

"Unfriended," don't judge me :ninja: I thought the gimmick was fun and while not scary it had some pretty tense moments.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Update: Five minutes after making my previous post, I found five dollars which was great because I am broke and was planning on eating tomato soup for dinner, so guess who got real food for dinner and has opposable thumbs: THIS GUY

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I got a check for thirty-odd dollars, my share of a class-action settlement involving a wireless provider I used for many years a long time ago. If anyone ever told me there was a class-action suit filed, I don't remember it!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

"Unfriended," don't judge me :ninja: I thought the gimmick was fun and while not scary it had some pretty tense moments.

I found another person who didn't hate Unfriended today!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Today, my 6 months old nephew was grumpy and cried a lot, but then started laughing and trying to reach me as soon as he saw me. :3:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Yesterday, I was in panic mode for a bit because I had hosed up and missed a bureaucratic deadline with my insurance for several months, leaving me up to my neck in debt. Today, I mustered my courage and called the insurance company, only to see all that stuff beinn sorted out in like two minutes. Debt-free again! :D

Afterwards, I went and met my old (and super chill) boss - he'll come back to town (probably) and that's great, because he's just a great dude to hang out and smoke weed/drink beer with!

Tomorrow I'll spend most of the day in a bus, driving to my old university town to meet with some old friends whom I haven't seen in years, and because I wanna try and sleep through as much of the bus drive as possible, I'll spend most of the night now drinking beer and playing video games. Life is good! :cheers:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I was getting a sandwich at Subway and the cashier thought I'd asked to get a cookie as well. I said "Oh, no. Not unless it's free."

And she gave me a cookie for free!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The boss made a pot of coffee and shared some with me. Big difference from the last job where one of the bosses had his own little four-cup coffeemaker so the plebes wouldn't drink his coffee.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A colleague brought me a French cream horn this morning for absolutely no reason!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's a beautiful day and I rode my motorcycle to work.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

My oncologist gave me the all clear.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hooray! :buddy:
Good to hear you've recovered at last.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's awesome news, congratulations!

Today I got a big box in the mail and gave it to my cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Congratulations! :buddy:

My 12th anniversary checkup is tomorrow. :ohdear:

• Locked thread