Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My roommate got really drunk and bought two litres of cream, which is great because I have zero money. Also, mysterious burritos have appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

cash crab posted:

My roommate got really drunk and bought two litres of cream, which is great because I have zero money. Also, mysterious burritos have appeared.

did you stash them away for winter? (Wait that's squirrels).

I got a gift bag at the office from building management cause we moved it and it contained a coupon for free sushi

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bunnyofdoom posted:

did you stash them away for winter? (Wait that's squirrels).

I got a gift bag at the office from building management cause we moved it and it contained a coupon for free sushi

I'M A REGULAR LADY NOT A RACCOON

Anyway, my dad lent me money I didn't earn so I could get a certificate that will help me get a job. Thanks, dad!!

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
i moved from part time to full time, giving me a $20k a year pay increase and removing my temporary status.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Sestze posted:

i moved from part time to full time, giving me a $20k a year pay increase and removing my temporary status.

That sounds awesome!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

cash crab posted:

Anyway, my dad lent me money I didn't earn so I could get a certificate that will help me get a job. Thanks, dad!!

You're welcome.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

my dad posted:

You're welcome.

This post is the good thing that happened to me today

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

cash crab posted:

This post is the good thing that happened to me today

lmao :agreed:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My husband surprised me with a little Cinnabon Minibun when I got home from work. :kimchi:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

A slapdash whatthefuckisinmyfridge last second recipe turned out pretty loving good.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
My week off is coming to an end but I feel more relaxed and happy now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Someone at work went out and bought bagels in the morning because she was bored, and she let me have one even though I originally told her I wasn't hungry.
Also for some reason, my paycheck for this week (which is the same amount every week) had an extra penny tacked on to it. So technically, I got a raise today! :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I looked at a bunch of new (used) cars today and one of them wasn't a total bust!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

C-Euro posted:

Someone at work went out and bought bagels in the morning because she was bored, and she let me have one even though I originally told her I wasn't hungry.
Also for some reason, my paycheck for this week (which is the same amount every week) had an extra penny tacked on to it. So technically, I got a raise today! :buddy:

Tell accounting before they get you for fraud.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I saw the Shaun the Sheep movie- in a theater completely empty except for my friend and me, unfortunately (we'd watched Tangled a week before with a bunch of kids whose laughter and "ooh!"s were pretty awesome), but it's such a fun, clever little film.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Today I discovered this thread!

Also my new job that I started today kinda rocks :neckbeard:

electrohead
May 24, 2007

Everybody loves you.
This was a few days ago, but it's been extending through. My birthday was last week and I talked to my mom on the phone. She asked me what I wanted, so I told her all I really wanted was for her to come visit me in my new home like she'd been planning (I moved to another state fairly far away about a year ago).

On my birthday I got a text from my sister. Apparently Southwest Airlines had some sort of flash sale on my birthday and my mom, dad (seriously shocking since he doesn't travel much), sister and my two nephews are all coming to visit me in November!

None of them have ever been anywhere near here and I'm super excited. I've been telling people at work and getting all sorts of good ideas for things the kids might like--most of which I've not been to myself but sound awesome!

e: Also my local birthday celebration itself was easily in the top 2 or 3 I've ever had.

electrohead has a new favorite as of 11:44 on Aug 18, 2015

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I landed on a runway that ended on a lake and then did circuits so I got to pretend I was landing on an aircraft carrier and I got to sing Danger Zone with my European DJ instructor who was also singing it.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I landed on a runway that ended on a lake and then did circuits so I got to pretend I was landing on an aircraft carrier and I got to sing Danger Zone with my European DJ instructor who was also singing it.

This is awesome!

It's still early today but I have the day off and I may be having lunch with my mom who I only get to see like once a month. And I plan to go shopping for Fall Decor after because fall is my FAVORITE SEASON and it's finally COMING!! And this will be my first year in a real house with my husband that I can decorate ALL OVER.
:dance:

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Today I learned that after intensive training next week, my department head will be leaving and I will be the new department head. I've had this job less than two months, and it's my first job out of college, in a field not of my major. I don't know whether to :neckbeard: or :psyduck:!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Today I learned that after intensive training next week, my department head will be leaving and I will be the new department head. I've had this job less than two months, and it's my first job out of college, in a field not of my major. I don't know whether to :neckbeard: or :psyduck:!

Do both! :D Congrats!

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
Be very, very happy, but also keep your eyes open for any busses barreling towards the department.

Today I got back pay for a few hundred hours I worked before noticing that HR didn't actually implement my raise!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shamshel posted:

Be very, very happy, but also keep your eyes open for any busses barreling towards the department.

Today I got back pay for a few hundred hours I worked before noticing that HR didn't actually implement my raise!

Is there some way to contest this? I've heard of employers trying to screw people out of money by fudging hours after the fact, I can't see how your situation would be legal. If any back pay is subject to the raise you were supposed to get, that's on HR and you should check into it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Thirteen Orphans posted:

This seems very suspect to me.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

oldpainless posted:

This seems very suspect to me.

It's a very small department, three people. I'd still be pretty low on the totem pole in the scheme of things. My hours will be a heck of a lot better though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ozz81 posted:

Is there some way to contest this? I've heard of employers trying to screw people out of money by fudging hours after the fact, I can't see how your situation would be legal. If any back pay is subject to the raise you were supposed to get, that's on HR and you should check into it.

I think they did get the money they were supposed to. That was the nice thing that happened.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I got a job interview on Monday! The job is for twelve hours a week, but it's exactly the thing I want to be doing, at a place that I'm very eager to work at. Even if I don't get it I can introduce myself and network a bit.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Had a coworker and a client send really nice emails to my boss about how I've helped out and how easy it is to communicate with me at work. Yeah I can be a jerk when I vent here but I really enjoy what I do and this client is a medical clinic about 30 minutes away with the most laid back, chilled doctor and wife I've ever met. If the dude was any more relaxed he'd be a puddle on the floor, never gets upset or overbearing, and his wife is just a super sweetheart.

Can't wait to get their new PCs and wireless router in, I like spending time on site there :3:

Tiggum posted:

I think they did get the money they were supposed to. That was the nice thing that happened.

Maybe it's the wording, just sounded like they paid him, but it was after they promised (and failed) to give a raise, so he should have been paid at a higher rate. v:shobon:v Good on Shamshel either way for getting them :20bux: dolla dolla bills y'all :20bux:

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Aug 20, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Today was my last day at work before I get married on Saturday, and despite being at this job for less than two months my office threw a little surprise celebration and wrote a nice card for me :buddy: Also they dropped a $150 Visa gift card in there, which was nice to see and completely unexpected/unnecessary.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

C-Euro posted:

Today was my last day at work before I get married on Saturday, and despite being at this job for less than two months my office threw a little surprise celebration and wrote a nice card for me :buddy: Also they dropped a $150 Visa gift card in there, which was nice to see and completely unexpected/unnecessary.

:toot: Best wishes for the wedding and marriage!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I had a steak dinner, prepared by me the way I like it, with some wonderful Pinot Noir.

I believe I am still excited* by it all.

*Hard. I'm so loving hard right now I could break steel beams with my erection.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was really sad and then I learned my favorite band put out a new album a couple months ago and now I feel a tiny bit better. :unsmith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Bike got inspected and passed with flying colors. Leftover Steak dinner with wine.

Bliss.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Got to see the awesome client today that I mentioned before, got their new wireless AP in place, everyone was SHOCKED at how much better/faster it is. Going from a cruddy little Linksys G router that was spotty at best to an Engenius access point with a solid, consistent 300Mbps and full bars in maybe 20 minutes felt great. The super chill doctor LOVED it, big grin on his face and I left feeling awesome after he said "I like you, I hope you don't go anywhere!" :3:

Now to get the AP replaced in their neighboring building that just crapped the bed, but even those folks are great and I've got them temporarily on a backup AP until we get a new one. Another group that was floored at how quick I diagnosed the problem and had a backup plan to keep them working :)

On top of that, my partner engineer and I have been dealing with an absolute hellacious, bitchy, downright banshee of a client for a couple months now. Long story short, she's never satisfied with anything, always complains, and has been passed through 4 different pairs of engineers in the past 3 years. Today, she complained yet again about something trivial that we had already fixed and started trying to tear us down. My boss, the account manager, and the VP (who has dealt with this lady in person more than once), all had a last-minute meeting around 4pm today with said client to basically tell her we're ending our business relationship. :woop: :dance: Some of the wording from our account manager and VP were "it seems that no matter how hard we work and how pleasant we are, you're just never going to be satisfied with our service". Apparently the conversation went fairly smooth and she reluctantly agreed that yes, she's been overbearing and expects WAY too much, which is causing friction and stress with the engineers and management. I legit felt like a 2 ton block had been lifted off me, it was so liberating to hear those words.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I dropped by my friend's house to say hello while I was nearby and she wasn't in but her cat came over and sat in my lap and we watched a big groundhog for a while.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
I'm cooking bacon! :woop:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
It's Friday and as of today I have the house to myself for the next month. I am very excited about that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

utonium posted:

I'm cooking bacon! :woop:

I started buying buckboard bacon a while back and if you haven't tried that you should! It's made of pork shoulder and the stuff from Applegate Farms (I don't know if it's the same for other brands) has 20 calories a slice. :yum:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Transmogrifier posted:

It's Friday and as of today I have the house to myself for the next month. I am very excited about that.

My first thought was, "Now you can jerk off in any room of the house." I wonder if that's a normal thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This is my last day at a job Ive had for 11 years.

• Locked thread