Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
My 3-year-old niece stood up to my GPS for me while I drove her around on our Auntie-Niece date today. "Don't tell my Katie what to do!"

Also found out that I'm going to have a nephew in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My young son calls cyborgs 'sideboards' and every time he does it makes me laugh so much and that makes me happy.

"No Daddy I am NOT a robot, I am a sideboard"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

My young son calls cyborgs 'sideboards' and every time he does it makes me laugh so much and that makes me happy.

"No Daddy I am NOT a robot, I am a sideboard"

You will enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UefZhXEOgNA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Holy poo poo why is this so funny ha ha!
Thanks, that's another nice thing that happened to me today :)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Lol, how have I never seen that, before? Was the rest of the show that ridiculous?

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
I got high and ate spaghetti.

edit: I got more high and ate some nice plums from the tree in our backyard.

Skoora has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Jul 31, 2015

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'm moving out of a piece of poo poo apartment into one where management looks to actually give a gently caress about their tenants! Gonna be a pile of pain at the end of the day but it'll be worth it. I'll just enjoy the hot tub at the new place to ease my aches.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The meters on the bus were broken both on my way to work and on my way home, so hey, two free rides! Plus the humidity broke, so being outside doesn't make me want to tear my own skin off!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I saw the new Mission: Impossible and it was awesome :sun:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I was eating at my favorite burrito joint and when I went to pay I noticed the waitress put water on my tab instead of the fountain drink I ordered. I told her I could have just lied about the water and not paid the extra cash. She punched all the holes in my frequent diner card. Honesty kicks rear end, next burrito is free!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

My friends invited me over for dinner and gave me a really good home cooked meal

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Today I read this post from the Cute Pictures Thread

MikeJF posted:

Cheetahs are still tricky [to breed in captivity] but we're better at them nowadays. It turns out that them not breeding in captivity was anxiety and removal from their normal social structure. The Cheetah-Dog pairings that they do in zoos these days, where every Cheetah cub gets a companion puppy that'll stay with it for life, helps a lot, since they trust the dog like it was another Cheetah and the dog's confidence in the conditions reassures them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndlf5_L5gsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZzFwu5dLY

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I won $25 on a scratch card :unsmith: I was really, really broke and forgot I had it in my bag. Now I can laundry and eat.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I went on a date. The first one since my last very serious relationship 4+ years ago. It looks like there might not be a second one, but I tried, and now I don't feel so much existential fear about relationships and such. :unsmith:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nice thing: I scheduled time with my artist for a new tattoo! :hellyeah:
Not-so-nice thing: As usual, he's booked for the next three months so it's not til the end of October. Oh well!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Not-so-nice thing: As usual, he's booked for the next three months so it's not til the end of October. Oh well!

That's cool. I love that feeling of knowing I'm going to have awesome permanent art added to my body. I wanted to get something by Robert Pho here in Vegas. I walked into the shop and asked about how far out Robert is booked. The shop guy opens a book, leafs through, and says, "November 23rd." This was in early January of that year.

The biggest and best pieces I have are goon-art. I only had to wait as long as it took to book the travel arrangements, but she had already drawn the first piece and was just looking for someone to ink it into. It still seemed like too long a wait. She really should have a multi-month waiting list of her own. I wonder if she does, these days.

What I am saying is: tattoos are cool, and tattoo anticipation is also cool.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Centripetal Horse posted:

That's cool. I love that feeling of knowing I'm going to have awesome permanent art added to my body. I wanted to get something by Robert Pho here in Vegas. I walked into the shop and asked about how far out Robert is booked. The shop guy opens a book, leafs through, and says, "November 23rd." This was in early January of that year.

The biggest and best pieces I have are goon-art. I only had to wait as long as it took to book the travel arrangements, but she had already drawn the first piece and was just looking for someone to ink it into. It still seemed like too long a wait. She really should have a multi-month waiting list of her own. I wonder if she does, these days.

What I am saying is: tattoos are cool, and tattoo anticipation is also cool.

Hahaha holy moly! I'm glad I don't have that long of a wait. I was expecting a longer one than I got, actually, so I'm not too bummed out about it. Plus, come to think of it, at the end of October I won't have to worry about sun exposure during this very, very hot and sunny summer. Silver linings! :buddy:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Kill the people ahead of you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

oldpainless posted:

Kill Quickly and expertly tattoo the people ahead of you.

And if they don't post about it in this thread then track them down and kill them

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hahaha holy moly! I'm glad I don't have that long of a wait. I was expecting a longer one than I got, actually, so I'm not too bummed out about it. Plus, come to think of it, at the end of October I won't have to worry about sun exposure during this very, very hot and sunny summer. Silver linings! :buddy:

And
AND

You get plenty of time to properly moisturise the skin so the ink takes better! Also, I've been trying to remember how to make the :buddy: face for ages, so thank you.

I saw a dog that looked like a Pomeranian with a husky head. He was very happy to see me.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Had a really nice stranger pay for my coffee and scone this morning at Scooters :) put the entirety of the day on a good note, and I ended up paying it forward and covering the cost of the person behind me. :feelsgood:

And tomorrow a few people at work are making french toast and pancakes for an office breakfast - to top it off, I'm on call this week (goes Monday-Monday, rotates weekly every couple months) and I get Friday off for a comp day, gonna have a fun 3 day weekend with a few old friends I haven't seen in a while. Gonna get a little :420:, hang out, probably see Mad Max Fury Road for the millionth time, and just laugh our stupid faces off.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Aug 5, 2015

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My husband called our Internet/cable/landline provider to complain about all the little 'net outages we'd been having lately. After they scheduled a tech visit, my husband asked whether he could cancel a small but suspiciously unnecessary-looking recurring phone charge. The rep said no, but the word "cancel" must have spooked him; one quick transfer to Promotions later and we now have one year of the next higher tier of cable and the next faster tier of Internet, all for $20 less than we pay now. :toot:

To top it all off, we got a call from a manager asking about our outages and offering to mail us the replacement hardware and set us up to return the old one, all on their dime. Might not need that tech after all!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cash crab posted:

Also, I've been trying to remember how to make the :buddy: face for ages, so thank you.

When you're writing a post, click the word "Smilies" to the left of the message input area (or just bookmark the smilies page)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Tiggum posted:

When you're writing a post, click the word "Smilies" to the left of the message input area (or just bookmark the smilies page)

I just couldn't remember the name, and peering at the screen always makes my beady little eyes hurt.

Anyway: months ago I jokingly suggested someone change their username to Son of cash crab and he did which made me laugh and then I got to watch my cat chase her tail, which also started my day on a good note.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My washer that broke last week is getting replaced today!

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I'm finally feeling better after getting a nasty summer cold!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Pile of Kittens posted:

I'm finally feeling better after getting a nasty summer cold!

Right on cold bro! I never seem to get colds but I'm in the same exact boat! Gone are the many nights of being unable to breathe through my nose.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

3rding on the summer cold.

The nice thing is my boss is super chill and gve me authorization to work from home so I can pay my rent still while I have this cold.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cute girl in my cab gave me gum and laughed at all my dumb jokes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Went for a ride on my Motorcycle, still healthy, still happy, not hungry and I'm gonna go for a walk, in the bright sunshine.

Yesterday I took pictures of a wonderful botanical garden and I get to edit the pictures tonight, while I do laundry.

That's pretty loving good.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Today, the man who usually tries to set my car, driveway and small child on fire with a zippo and a jerry can full of gasoline, had lost his jerry can and had to only use the zippo which was not effective at all.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Minimalist Program posted:

Today, the man who usually tries to set my car, driveway and small child on fire with a zippo and a jerry can full of gasoline, had lost his jerry can and had to only use the zippo which was not effective at all.

Fallout 4 sounds like it is coming along nicely.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Today I finished writing almost all of the script for a little talk I'm going to give next weekend. And I gave a tour at the museum where I work that was so good that a couple from France tipped me! And they were from France!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

Today I finished writing almost all of the script for a little talk I'm going to give next weekend. And I gave a tour at the museum where I work that was so good that a couple from France tipped me! And they were from France!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I lost enough weight to put me as being lighter than I have been in a year. If it continues the same rate next month, I'll weigh less than I have in half a decade :unsmith: Still a fat gently caress but getting less so for the first time in 30+ years.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tendai posted:

I lost enough weight to put me as being lighter than I have been in a year. If it continues the same rate next month, I'll weigh less than I have in half a decade :unsmith: Still a fat gently caress but getting less so for the first time in 30+ years.

Good on you :)

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I went swimming shirtless for the first time in my life! For context, I'm a trans guy and only had my tits removed last month. And while a lot of kids were at the apartment complex pool, none of them asked questions about my scars either.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Had a nice chat with Amazon customer service about a package I ordered last week that is apparently just sitting around in their warehouse. Wasn't angry or anything, just wanted to know what was going on; the agent on the other end gave me free one day shipping to get it here tomorrow.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Somewhere an Amazon employee is posting in a thread just like this one saying "I had a customer call and ask about a package that hadn't shipped and they were so easy to deal with I set them up with one day free shipping"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LivesInGrey posted:

I went swimming shirtless for the first time in my life! For context, I'm a trans guy and only had my tits removed last month. And while a lot of kids were at the apartment complex pool, none of them asked questions about my scars either.

That's awesome, congratulations :)

• Locked thread