Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Or recently! This is a happy thread! Hooray! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I had zeppoli for the first time! They're delicious!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I heard some crickets!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

batheinblood posted:

I saw a guy stop his car on a road outside of town near a pond and stand on the other side of the road to let a group of ducks and younger (a little older than ducklings?) ducks walk across the road.

Today I learned this happened :kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I learned about a new dinosaur! Here's a crosspost from PI:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Another new dinosaur was discovered -- I'm sure everybody here already knew that most, if not all, dinosaurs had proto-bird features like pygostyles, pectoral girdles, and/or quill stubs or feathers, but the new discovery is pretty significant. Its name means "Zhenyuan's dragon," and it had short arms with fully developed wings, long tail plumes, and evidence of more dense feathering along other parts of the integument. The feathers are much more complex than had previously been imagined for dinosaurs of its era. It's a new genus and species to add to the already-impressive collection of dinosaurs that have been confirmed as feathered avian ancestors, and also indicates that short- and long-armed raptors coexisted. If I'm not misremembering, prior theories placed the short-armed raptors as having evolved from long-armed ones on their way into becoming modern birds.

Anyway, have a couple articles, and a link to the scientific paper :goshawk:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33510288
http://gizmodo.com/velociraptors-feathered-cousin-is-the-stuff-of-drug-inf-1718541303
http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150716/srep11775/full/srep11775.html

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Jul 21, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today my school's course registration page unfucked itself!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I learned if I sing "Razzle Dazzle" to my bird he will dance along :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

HOLY gently caress posted:

I was kind of down about work and other stuff today but reading this thread made me smile and now I feel a lot better. :unsmith:

I hope today is going better for you!

Today I got my new iPad cover in the mail. It's pretty. :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

peter gabriel posted:

I wrote a song about how beautiful my wife looked on our wedding day :3:

I read this post :kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I watched a poorly-reviewed horror movie out of boredom and actually quite liked it!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

"Unfriended," don't judge me :ninja: I thought the gimmick was fun and while not scary it had some pretty tense moments.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bunnyofdoom posted:

My oncologist gave me the all clear.

That's awesome news, congratulations!

Today I got a big box in the mail and gave it to my cat.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Today I saw the new Mission: Impossible and it was awesome :sun:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nice thing: I scheduled time with my artist for a new tattoo! :hellyeah:
Not-so-nice thing: As usual, he's booked for the next three months so it's not til the end of October. Oh well!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Centripetal Horse posted:

That's cool. I love that feeling of knowing I'm going to have awesome permanent art added to my body. I wanted to get something by Robert Pho here in Vegas. I walked into the shop and asked about how far out Robert is booked. The shop guy opens a book, leafs through, and says, "November 23rd." This was in early January of that year.

The biggest and best pieces I have are goon-art. I only had to wait as long as it took to book the travel arrangements, but she had already drawn the first piece and was just looking for someone to ink it into. It still seemed like too long a wait. She really should have a multi-month waiting list of her own. I wonder if she does, these days.

What I am saying is: tattoos are cool, and tattoo anticipation is also cool.

Hahaha holy moly! I'm glad I don't have that long of a wait. I was expecting a longer one than I got, actually, so I'm not too bummed out about it. Plus, come to think of it, at the end of October I won't have to worry about sun exposure during this very, very hot and sunny summer. Silver linings! :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LivesInGrey posted:

I went swimming shirtless for the first time in my life! For context, I'm a trans guy and only had my tits removed last month. And while a lot of kids were at the apartment complex pool, none of them asked questions about my scars either.

That's awesome, congratulations :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

cash crab posted:

This post is the good thing that happened to me today

lmao :agreed:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I looked at a bunch of new (used) cars today and one of them wasn't a total bust!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Today I learned that after intensive training next week, my department head will be leaving and I will be the new department head. I've had this job less than two months, and it's my first job out of college, in a field not of my major. I don't know whether to :neckbeard: or :psyduck:!

Do both! :D Congrats!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was really sad and then I learned my favorite band put out a new album a couple months ago and now I feel a tiny bit better. :unsmith:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

utonium posted:

I'm cooking bacon! :woop:

I started buying buckboard bacon a while back and if you haven't tried that you should! It's made of pork shoulder and the stuff from Applegate Farms (I don't know if it's the same for other brands) has 20 calories a slice. :yum:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was singing while I cooked dinner and my bird sang and danced along with me (by which I mean he bobbled around on my shoulder like an idiot and said HEY every few beats)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I got my car registered and the DMV didn't manage to find anything wrong with my paperwork this time!!! I got the wildlife plates so they have a bird on them :hellyeah:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have Not Your Father's Rootbeer and vanilla bean ice cream and I am about to make a kick-rear end alcoholic float :cheers:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

C-Euro posted:

drat that sounds like a great idea, post about how it turns out.

For the first time in a month, I took an honest-to-goodness, actually-fell-asleep nap :tootzzz:

It was very sweet.

No regrets.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I called my tattoo artist on a whim to see if he'd had any cancellations between now and my appointment AND HE DID

So now I'm going in next week YAY!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

AlphaKretin posted:

Also not to be a boring :goonsay: in this happy thread but there's some significant overlap with this thread, I don't know if you'd want to consolidate them somehow or what.

Whoops yeah probably. Oh well now we have TWO happy threads :sun:

Also I aced an exam today I thought would be terrible, f yeah.

• Locked thread