Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I got a check for thirty-odd dollars, my share of a class-action settlement involving a wireless provider I used for many years a long time ago. If anyone ever told me there was a class-action suit filed, I don't remember it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My husband called our Internet/cable/landline provider to complain about all the little 'net outages we'd been having lately. After they scheduled a tech visit, my husband asked whether he could cancel a small but suspiciously unnecessary-looking recurring phone charge. The rep said no, but the word "cancel" must have spooked him; one quick transfer to Promotions later and we now have one year of the next higher tier of cable and the next faster tier of Internet, all for $20 less than we pay now. :toot:

To top it all off, we got a call from a manager asking about our outages and offering to mail us the replacement hardware and set us up to return the old one, all on their dime. Might not need that tech after all!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hoping against hope, I checked to see if Amazon had a particular item my son would lose his mind over if he got it for his birthday. They had it, I ordered it, it came today (his birthday's tomorrow), and it's a million times better than I expected it to be, even given the photos and reviews. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I made a new dish for dinner today and it came out fantastic! I could eat it every day. It had more vegetables in it than I usually eat in a week, too. Healthy, easy, and delicious!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The rear end in a top hat priest at my kid's school didn't show up for Mass today (at the last minute). We were spared his grandstanding bloviating and got a much shorter prayer service instead.

Then I saw a rainbow on the drive home, even in the extremely gray and cloudy skies. :3:

• Locked thread