Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
"Boy I love eating healthy shakes for breakfast!" *puts 8 oranges, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a piece of chocolate, some powdered sugar, ice cubes and two leaves of lettuce in blender"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
thanks for your continuing analysis of the evil Vitamix corporation, fifethree

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Yeah life is pretty sweet ever since I got my vitamix. Must have got it before they jacked the price up bc I paid like $280 for it

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I was an odorous child and little has changed

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the contents of your smoothie are Bull poo poo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
hey i just made smoothie, but i used my $30 blender

e. it literally took me 30 seconds to blend my smoothy i can't believe i didn't pay $500 so i could do it in 15

eeee. i heard it will blend a cell phone

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the best smoothies are made from ice cream and milk hth

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
got mine from costco for $270

if you dont own one you dont know the difference cheap blenders suck rear end

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the best smoothies are made from ice cream and milk hth

The build quality has dropped in the last few years - use them in pro kitchens for ages, last two have died within a year. At least the warranty is okay.

That is my contribution to the Vitamix thread thanks and godbless

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Get a blender and ice crusher from the thriftstore for less than ten bucks. Crush the ice up, add booze and margarita or daiquiri mix and blend away for pro-level smoothness.
It's blended splendidly!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FordPRefectLL posted:

got mine from costco for $270

if you dont own one you dont know the difference cheap blenders suck rear end

except i just used my $30 blender to make a smoothy in no time so looks like you got ripped off bitch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I got a ninja for my birthday last year. I don't use it too often but it makes decent smoothies and is very convenient for recipes where you need to cut in chilled butter like biscuits or pie crust.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

lol look at that idiot driving on the freeway with a tesla my 1992 honda accord drives on freeways just fine :smug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah it's umm it's pretty tight man. You can like, blend or mulch depending on what you're going for. Yeah. Totally pays for itself in like. I don't know. 20 shakes?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

FordPRefectLL posted:

lol look at that idiot driving on the freeway with a tesla my 1992 honda accord drives on freeways just fine :smug:

you're not helping your case here

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ramsus posted:

except i just used my $30 blender to make a smoothy in no time so looks like you got ripped off bitch

If you make it w soft ingredients like banana n ice cream then yeah there's no difference

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

If you make it w soft ingredients like banana n ice cream then yeah there's no difference

banana, blueberries, strawberries, rasberries; all frozen with almond milk, protein powder and creatine

blended easily and came out smoother than my sweet sweet rear end

had this blender for 3 years so far

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Yeah I dunno where you guys are getting your thrift store blenders but every cheap blender I've had sucked and couldn't blend simple things like ice cubes or frozen fruit, they weren't bad for softer poo poo but it was like night and day when my grandma got me a ninja.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
generally you just go to amazon and pick the one with the most reasonable reviews, hth

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

yeah the cheap blenders i've had don't really blend up the rinds or seeds from fruit that well either

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What about blendtec? I would like to make a smoothie out of trees and potentially chicken bones

What about waste disposal for animal carcasses. In my line of work there are many carcasses that need disposing into separate barrels of acid in a soundproof basement.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ramsus posted:

generally you just go to amazon and pick the one with the most reasonable reviews, hth

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBQ17IY

this is the best budget pick. the other guy is right though, most <$80 blenders do loving suck and blenders are one of the few devices where you don't want a suckers deal on because a really good one and el cheapo are like night and day.

e: this would be one of the better picks if you wanted to spend $200 on one that performs just as well or better than $500 vitamixers

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-1400-watt-Professional-Performance-BLSTVB-RV0-000/dp/B00EO1AQUU

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 15, 2015

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Child's play. Try dropping $2,000 on a thermomix like a friend of mine did and then coming to the conclusion that it is buyer's remorse made flesh after your tenth meal in a row involving a stew that could have been prepared with just a few extra minutes prep time in a $30 Sunbeam slow cooker. ('Cause you gotta justify buying it).

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Breetai posted:

Child's play. Try dropping $2,000 on a thermomix like a friend of mine did and then coming to the conclusion that it is buyer's remorse made flesh after your tenth meal in a row involving a stew that could have been prepared with just a few extra minutes prep time in a $30 Sunbeam slow cooker. ('Cause you gotta justify buying it).

what about a pressure cooker tho

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i am the chapo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can't imagine what kind of food would taste better blended rather than cooked (or in the case of fruit, eaten raw).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

you know what's smooth? my shits after i drink my kale smoothie made with my vitamix brand blender.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

notZaar posted:

I can't imagine what kind of food would taste better blended rather than cooked (or in the case of fruit, eaten raw).

... Soylent maybe?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
put your cock and balls in the blender to experience intense satisfaction as you destroy your manhood

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I'm a stupid gay bitch and my posts largely reflect that.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Ramsus posted:

eeee. i heard it will blend a cell phone

Well, hell. Toss a cellphone and a couple nanobots in there and they could rebuild the phone in my head so I could make calls without carrying a separate phone.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

fyodor posted:

you know what's smooth? my shits after i drink my kale smoothie made with my vitamix brand blender.

Same. Got a vitamix as one of my prizes at presidents club last year. Also makes awesome whole fruit margaritas that help me get drunk quickly. Bad blenders are for poors and you have one you should feel bad about yourself

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Flo Cytometer posted:

... Soylent maybe?

Isn't that adult baby formula for silicon valley techie salary slave trash?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

blueberry+pineapple :okpos:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Vitamix is the Cutco Knives of blenders. It's not bad but for that price you're being ripped off, you could get a Blendtec for the same amount of cash or buy a cheaper blender that offers the same performance. for a fraction of the price.
Their entire market is people with enough money to buy a $500 blender but are too stupid and lazy to do more than grab the most expensive blender off of the shelf at Target and call it a day.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

notZaar posted:

Isn't that adult baby formula for silicon valley techie salary slave trash?

AFAIK, yes.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I have a $500 blender and a $3000 computer.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I have a $3000 blender and a $500 computer

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
I have a $3000 car and a $500 forums account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU