Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I CHALLENGE THIS COURT'S JURISDICTION!

*rolled 18, skill failed!*

*rolled 07, skill failed!*

*rolled 02, skill failed!*

*rolled 44, skill failed!*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

i dont think anyone gives a poo poo what the justifications are, setting up checkpoints and detaining people arbitrarily is one of those things that really should be a violation of the constitution (even if it isn't because of some legal "interpretation" bullshit)
Have you been through one of these checkpoints it's a breeze you just go ahhhyup! And they go okie dokie!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

My favorite is that fat bitch getting tackled from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyy9Vns4Ias

The tackle is great but the cop at 10:45 puts on a verbal beatdown.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Omi-Polari posted:

Have you been through one of these checkpoints it's a breeze you just go ahhhyup! And they go okie dokie!

thats how it starts, soon enough it'll only be "one or two" soldiers quartered in your house, only a "short" pryer to jesus, no more "grand juries" just acceptable ones, the right to bear arms will be restricted to bears!

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Omi-Polari posted:

Come to think of it I have but on an Amtrak train going through Buffalo. DHS dudes came through and just asked everyone if they're American without asking for ID or anything. Real useful guys :thumbsup:

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

Watching these videos is like watching first year law students thinking they know it all because they can cite a few precedents and legal jargon.

Typical dialogue seems to be:

SovCit: Sir, am I being detained? I know the legal Konami code. You must acknowledge it and let me go.
Cop: Sir, could you please step out of the vehicle.
SovCit: Sir, you are violating my rights! Can I please speak with your supervisor?
SovCit: Sir, let the record show that you are refusing to comply with my reasonable request. If you do not let me go, you are legally agreeing to pay me $300,000. That's a contract! Do you even understanding what a contract is?!
<sound of glass shattering>
SovCit: Sir, sir! I do not consent! I do not <sound of tazing> Oh Jesus! Please stop! I did nothing wrong! I did nothing wrong! This is a tort! I do not consent!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pyramid Scheme posted:

Watching these videos is like watching first year law students thinking they know it all because they can cite a few precedents and legal jargon.

SovCit: Sir, am I being detained? I know the legal Konami code. You must acknowledge it and let me go.
SovCit: Sir, you are violating my rights! Can I please speak with your supervisor?
SovCit: Sir, let the record show that you are refusing to comply with my reasonable request. If you do not let me go, you are legally agreeing to pay me $300,000. That's a contract! Do you even understanding what a contract is?!
SovCit: Sir, sir! I do not consent! I do not <sound of tazing> Oh Jesus! Please stop! I did nothing wrong! I did nothing wrong! This is a tort! I do not consent!

I want a video of a Police Officer just contact tazing a sov cit on the ground over and over until backup arrives while screaming "STOP RESISTING"

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

George Orwell posted:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a video of a Police Officer just contact tazing a sov cit on the ground over and over until backup arrives while screaming "STOP RESISTING", forever

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pyramid Scheme posted:

why did the freeman turn into a polandball halfway through that exchange

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

which is explained in a FREE 3-hour introductory course by Brandon Alexander Adams of Creditors in Commerce at this link.

An important line everyone missed. As the Canadian judge showed in that huge report, sovs work on a pyramid scheme. There are "gurus" who teach them the ritual law magic. Of course the first time is free. After that they charge a lot of money for it, and the deranged sovs are happy to pay. Most, but not all "gurus" are smart enough to stay far away from court. Also, they have plenty of excuses if their "legal advice" fails, and seem subtly change the strategies they teach every few years going "pay $500 for my newest lecture, this time it'll surely work, guys!" Of course, if a "guru" likes you well enough, he might let you work for him, and you get to charge exorbitant amounts for nonsensical lectures yourself.

I have no idea how many of these gurus are complete conmen and how many actually believe what they're preaching.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hmm.

I knew there are small groups of SovCits here in the Netherlands... but this is something I haven't heard of before.

Last week, a 4-yo child that was living with foster parents was abducted to Greece by her biological mother. The police managed to find her and return her to her foster parents.

The biological parents are members of a cult called "River of Glory". There's not too much information out there, but it seems to be a rather hard-lined cult. It's all the regular stuff. They believe in a corrupted version of Christianity. They threaten people who try to leave. People who join start acting differently and their non-member family are unable to reach them. Among other things, they seem to believe that the end of the world / World War 3 is near.

They used to have HQ in a Dutch town. They rented a house and they also had some warehouse in which they built a church of their own. Neighbours often complained about their loud nightly exorcism rituals. And they described the cult as "completely crazy, impossible to talk with." At some point the leadership and most of the cult members disappeared, off to some Greek island.

Some time before that, they had made their own "certificates of sovereignty" which they used as an excuse to not pay taxes. A local who had hired a cult member as a cleaning lady ("a strange person, but she cleaned well") said that the cult member suddenly stopped writing the VAT on the salary forms. Cult members said they didn't have to pay any taxes until the Holy Ghost told them differently.

The reason the child was taken away from the biological parents in the first place was because the cult would 'take part in criminal activities'.

Oh, and when they suddenly left for Greece, they hadn't paid the last few months of rent, and they had badly damaged the buildings they used. One of the cult leaders said they couldn't pay the rent because the house was built on 'cursed ground, bought with cursed money'.

After discussing it with a bailiff, the landlord decided to drop all charges and take the loss, because he didn't want to deal with those idiots any more.

It sounds like a sort of mix of scientology and sovcits. And a whole order of magnitude crazier. I can't even imagine how bad it'd be to deal with them. :psyduck:

At least that child has been saved.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Carbon dioxide posted:

They believe in a corrupted version of Christianity.

as opposed to what

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rutibex posted:

thats how it starts, soon enough it'll only be "one or two" soldiers quartered in your house, only a "short" pryer to jesus, no more "grand juries" just acceptable ones, the right to bear arms will be restricted to bears!

Make sure you inform them you're just "traveling"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

as opposed to what

I think the abusive and bigoted form of nutty Christianity that's taken hold of the United States is actually pretty unique to the US in terms of its power and prevalence.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Carbon dioxide posted:

The biological parents are members of a cult called "River of Glory". There's not too much information out there, but it seems to be a rather hard-lined cult. It's all the regular stuff. They believe in a corrupted version of Christianity. They threaten people who try to leave. People who join start acting differently and their non-member family are unable to reach them. Among other things, they seem to believe that the end of the world / World War 3 is near.
If I lived in Greece I'd also think the End of Days was nigh. It would be better than the alternative.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

ColoradoCleric posted:

Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

Sorry about your broken window and your tazer burns. (I am not sorry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I'm glad this thread got bumped, it's a good thread

• Locked thread